PDA

View Full Version : Early war planes and oxygen prob.

LK_Alarmer
01-05-2004, 04:59 AM
I realize this is bit too late to ask about this and all BOB planes will have oxygen mask ( I think ) but how high could early war planes like Chaika and Rata climb without oxygen masks?

It is just funny to combat with these planes in a altitude of 6000m when in reality those guys couldnt even breath.

Too late, and probably wont make it into the add on etc, but a valid question imho still.

LK_Alarmer
01-05-2004, 04:59 AM
I realize this is bit too late to ask about this and all BOB planes will have oxygen mask ( I think ) but how high could early war planes like Chaika and Rata climb without oxygen masks?

It is just funny to combat with these planes in a altitude of 6000m when in reality those guys couldnt even breath.

Too late, and probably wont make it into the add on etc, but a valid question imho still.

blabla0001
01-05-2004, 05:22 AM
I believe Oleg replied to a thread a long time ago that the open cockpit planes had oxygen supply units installed to increase their opperational altitude.

Rajvosa
01-05-2004, 08:26 AM
It must have been VERY cold at this altitude, in an open cockpit. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Golf GTI Edition 2.0 16v