PDA

View Full Version : warriors den didnt mention aramusha

SenBotsu893
11-24-2017, 12:56 AM
i gues they wanted to talk about him but must have forgotten him because of shaman.... and i have the feeling something like that happened during development as well.

nevermind my rambling i was curious if devs are aware of the aramusha bugs and if they are working on it.

like the gb throw into wall bug:
if aramusha and an opponend both stand parralel to a wall, than aramusha is unable to throw them into the wall. he will always throw them to his back.
this is especally nice since he is needing that wallsplat to do any form of damage from a gb...

speaking of wich -> what about heavy from gb?

or rushing wind:
on ps4 rushing wind attack direction is predetermined by the guardstance before the forward dodge. after the forward dodge there is no chance to switch from top to side or vice versa. according to one guy from this forum on xbox you can change attack directions after the forward dodge.

Knight_Raime
11-24-2017, 04:19 AM
They didn't acknowledge wildcat's rage bug this dev stream either so i'm not too surprised. All we can do is continue to be vocal about it and hope it picks up enough attention.
As annoying as some aspects about his kit are he's still perfectly fine at most levels of play. Where as shaman is a bit of a more pressing matter.

BTTrinity
11-24-2017, 02:59 PM
All I want for Ara is to be able to CGB out of full block stance, and to get a heavy for grabbing someone.

vgrimr_J
11-24-2017, 03:10 PM
All I want for Ara is to be able to CGB out of full block stance, and to get a heavy for grabbing someone.

nope. full block needs to have downside it would be too good otherwise

Alustar.
11-24-2017, 04:08 PM

Full block gets treated the same as a dodge and rightfully so

Vakris_One
11-24-2017, 06:24 PM
Yeah, their focus is on Shaman as it has always been since her inception it seems. I already posted my thoughts in the Warriors Den sticky but I'll repost the relevant stuff here as well.

Having finally played him I am surprised by how few options he actually has. Not to mention how he can be GBed out of his starting light attack. I thought that kind of thing was something the devs agreed did not belong in the game, i.e. guardbreaking people during the startup of their attacks. It feels like a bug and I am surprised the devs haven't mentioned a fix for that.

They really need to do some tweaks and improvements on Aramusha though in order to help him stay relevant in the long run. On PC he is already getting shut down by people who know his combo and just turtle him into punish after punish. In my time playing him I've been getting my opening lights parried by some of the crazier skilled players and getting my mixups blocked by most players who've been studying him for the last 2 weeks now. The soft feint mixup game is already losing its new car smell and players are adapting to his speed, at least from my experience on PC and in my MMR bracket.

What I expected to happen with him is pretty much happening. His limited kit gives him very few options and if he cannot initiate his primary mixup game he gets shut down by turtling players. His only safety net for turtles who have him figured out is his zone. He's very dissapointing to play in my opinion. He looks fun but he's not fun to play because he is too hard to get a flow going versus how limited his kit is. Most players I am facing are completely over the initial shell shock of his light spam and are confident enough to GB him during his opening light, thus forcing you to start by throwing heavies in some instances, which then get parried. And then there's the players that are confident enough to outright parry his opening light - I wish I had their skill and/or framerates, whichever one is allowing them to do that.

Compared to the Shaman, who is easy to play and has the most versatile kit in the game (i.e. the most options), the Aramusha feels unrewarding for what he offers and is like a stick in the mud. I really want that addressed by the devs. In my opinion this is what he needs:

- GBing through his opening light attack should not be a thing. The devs have already confirmed that GB's stopping attack startups no longer fits their vision for the game so please follow through on that.

- His heavy finishers should be unblockable so he can force reactions. Increase their stamina cost if needed for balancing.

- Top heavy after Blade Blockade should be guarranteed no matter what guard stance it is initiated from. He gets no guarranteed heavy from a GB so therefore his blade blockade punish must be made to actually be rewarding to pull off considering that it is such an easily baitable and punishable move. BB offers very little currently considering that a) parrying gives him a better punish option most of the time and b) it opens him up to a bait + free GB. It feels like the devs wanted to make a high risk, high reward move but currently it is a high risk, low reward move and that needs to be looked into.

Optional:
- To be honest I'm a fan of either giving him a heavy from a GB or giving him a side dodge heavy similiar to Zerker/Shaman/Nobushi. But that would take actually creating a new mo-cap animation for him so requires a lot more time/effort to do. I personally think a dodge strike would give him more versatility and the game should be heading in that direction anyway, i.e. more options for everyone.

^ The optional is just something I feel would be great to have based on my preffered playstyle and because I really wanted to like Aramusha more than I do. It is admittedly a bit selfish but that's why I put it under optional.

SenBotsu893
11-24-2017, 08:26 PM
nope. full block needs to have downside it would be too good otherwise

Full block gets treated the same as a dodge and rightfully so

its not that his fullblock has the downsides of or regular fullblock is also compines the downsides of the reactionary hidden stance.

while it has none of the advantages of the before mentioned fullblock variations.

warlord fullblock for example lets you keep the guard for as long as you see fit And you can simply attack out of it. and no recovery on warlords fullblock if you cancel out of it.
arash only lasts 400ms and then makes you loose your guard and any kind of input is prohibited for 500 ms. It leaves you open longer than it protects you.
and you cant even attack out of the fullblock unless somone actually hit you with a regular attack (wich is rare since everyone in highlevel will only attack after a bash of some sorts).

hidden stance is more similar to arash fullblock but is superior because it lasts longer has the same startup time and can even negate ub hits. it also lets you attack out of it if.
so they gave aramusha the worst possible version of fullblock and only a single chain to attack (and the devs themselfs already stated that going for a chain is not viable in for honor).

aramusha is such a trainwreck. its the exact opposite of how they developed shaman.

UbiJurassic
11-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Thanks for sharing the feedback and bug reports everyone. This week's Warrior's Den was a little lighter on the info, but we're definitely aware of the concerns some people have regarding Aramusha as well. I'll be sure to make note of the problems discussed in the thread and bring them up to the team.

They didn't acknowledge wildcat's rage bug this dev stream either so i'm not too surprised. All we can do is continue to be vocal about it and hope it picks up enough attention.
As annoying as some aspects about his kit are he's still perfectly fine at most levels of play. Where as shaman is a bit of a more pressing matter.

Do you mind telling me more about the bug with Wildcat's Rage?

Knight_Raime
11-25-2017, 01:02 AM
Thanks for sharing the feedback and bug reports everyone. This week's Warrior's Den was a little lighter on the info, but we're definitely aware of the concerns some people have regarding Aramusha as well. I'll be sure to make note of the problems discussed in the thread and bring them up to the team.

Do you mind telling me more about the bug with Wildcat's Rage?

Basically the frame that shows stamina was used for the move doesn't align with the animation of the attack itself or the indicator. Freeze I believe had a video that showcased this. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkIFUCvXPY
He starts talking and showcasing it around 58 seconds into the video.

UbiJurassic
11-25-2017, 02:16 AM
Basically the frame that shows stamina was used for the move doesn't align with the animation of the attack itself or the indicator. Freeze I believe had a video that showcased this. Let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBkIFUCvXPY
He starts talking and showcasing it around 58 seconds into the video.

Awesome and thanks for including the video too. I'll make sure it's sent over to the team to look over.

FredEx919
12-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Just a quick update, we were able to reproduce this issue. Hopefully we'll be able to get a fix out. Thanks again for sending the details over. We'll keep everyone updated with the progress.