PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den November 23rd

CandleInTheDark
11-23-2017, 01:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v8S_VJ4Td8

I don't see an info dump so likely this is another this is what is going on right now Den, anyhow we have a video so sticking it up here ready to go.

And we are go in three

two

one

New intro music still rocks

No Eric today, Damien and James, a community manager. Short show today.

New heroes are available fo all, 15,000 steel each.

4v4 ranked is coming during the season,soon.

News of the week

Level 3 bots, they did seamless maintenance to change them to pop for the top 10% rather than 20%

They merged skirmish and elimination, it might be something they do in the future with new game modes.They are working on changing it so that if a preference is set people will be matchmade into that mode, they are doing a maintenance tomorrow morning, they want feedback on this.

Double xp this weekend, 24th to 27th

Community even order, tribute games won. There is also a tribute event list to play tribute only in market town.

Black friday sale, 25% off season pass, 60% off the game.

No content of the week this week so people can spend steel on the heroes.

Q&A

They are waiting for Roman to talk about the Shaman, apparently he is some way away,but they do have news.

Any news on changes to salvage? They have several ideas they are working on. No ETA on anything yet outside something may be announced season 5. There was one thing someone noticed that in the patch notes someone could destroy gear for xp, they had thought of it early on but people could buy new levels in that way.

Will there be things like feast of the underworld in the future? Yes they are thinking of different things like that.

Warden plume ornament, when? The team have ideas but the next few months are taken up.

Could there be an event with a faction vs faction game mode? It is an idea they have had, for the moment they have not figured out how to do it well. They are thinking about it, maybe for an event, but how and how well, they don't know yet.

Will patch frequency go up with the patch overhaul? That isn't based on the size of the patch, they have to produce the content, test it, put it through the submission process etc.They have done more than 13 big patches since launch,not including any server patches, so they have done a lot. Also any time they do push too many things at once they risk introducing new problems.

Will realistic mode and endless march ever be implemented fully in a single permanent game event? They do plan to do things like that but not permanently because of splitting the community, this was why they merged elimination and skirmish, maybe it is something they can look at in the future merging play lists. One thing to note is that the event status often makes them more popular for that time.

Other than double xp events, are there any plans for xp buffs? Good question, they do have a future plan and ideas regarding xp but no hard details to give yet.

Timesnap replacement (the question called it this in any case), they are hard at work on it, they had a team issue which meant they had to pause development for a time, it isn't a timesnap replacement, it is lag management.

Shaman balancing. they are looking at how she is performing and the feedback coming in. They have already said she has a bug in tracking making the pounce hard to dodge, this is being fixed in next big patch, it is ready but they can't submit it now. There is a live patch coming with fixes balance wise. Wildcat's rage hits and normal block recovery up to 800 ms from 700

Nerf to predator's hunger, predator's mercy, wildcat's rage cancel to combat idle costs 24 stamina up from 10

Wildcat's rage damage down to 20 from 25, wildcat's swiftness to 20 from 25, pounce to 20 from 25, basic opener heavy down to 27 from 33

Range of predator's hunger down to 1 metre from 2 metres.

These are all due in the next live update, should be next week, maybe before next Den which is why they are telling us now but no guarantee. Tracking on the pounce is due to be fixed in the next title update which is stuff they can't generally do in the live updates, that is usually around middle of the month.

They are targeting this for next week, emphasis on targeting. They think she is an interesting character, she has a complex and complete kit which was one of the goals. The issue at the moment is all of the moves currently are a little too good, she was supposed to be able to do near everything but not be the best at everything. They plan to go a little bit step by step, they don't want to break her, they don't want another valkyrie overnerf/rebuff, but they are listening and working on it.

Did level 2 bots in duels get buffed? No, not that they are aware of.

Performance issues on pc? There is a nvidea issue they are investigating, a workaround will be posted on reddit. This mostly seems a laptop issue.

Still working on reworks, apparently Damien loves the new kensei, but they are polishing animations at the moment. Damien said not any time soon, Roman said there should be stuff soon like three seconds later so...hey I just write what they say.

Community corner, maybe more questions after.

Q&A part 2

Any plan on guardbreak counter after parry? They released a lot of fight system changes, nothing on parry yet but should come this season.

Will they ever revert order refresh times? They have gone forward eight hours. They said all the orders were moved because they were refreshing different times, they could investigate the actual hour.

Any chance of faction war coming to portable platforms? They will see if they can.

Will they ever add campaign armour? This is not really feasible as it is not compatible with the multiplayer customisation system. They would need to rework it and lose a lot of detail, they might look at something but not soon.

Where can people send videos for the community corner? Reddit, message community managers, etc.

Nobushi sidewinder is only hitting one minion at a time now. They were not aware of this but they will look into it.

PC gamefreeze on end of dominion, they are still working on this.

Are there plans to store item appearance because of inventory size. They agree it is a problem, they have a plan they are working on but it is in the design process so it is a way off yet. They are also looking at increasing inventory limit, it wasn't possible the last time they looked into ways and means but they are looking into it with the improvements since, might still be no mind you.

For Honor subreddit are doing a season 4 tribute tournament on all platforms from 1st to 3rd of December. Also a 1v1 tournament this sunday battlefy search for awoken gaming esports.

And that is a wrap.

Burn-The-Sinner
11-23-2017, 01:57 PM
I wonder will they apologize for the extreme piece of **** new characters?

Maxime_Qc-
11-23-2017, 02:34 PM
I'll be there To thank them for the shaman :) best thing they ever did

ChampionRuby50g
11-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Maxime, agree. I wish all the heroes where closer to Shaman in terms of how diverse her kit is, and just plain fun factor. I was surprised to see someone even complaining that she is more in depth... shouldn't that be a good thing we have in depth heroes?

I'd honestly rather an apology on the lackluster and dissapointing armour we got for Season 4. Brand new pieces, yeah right.

ShonM93
11-23-2017, 03:13 PM
I would like to see an apology for the performance and the input problems they introduced with S4.

SammyCannon
11-23-2017, 05:46 PM
Remove Shaman, Aramusha, Gladiator, Shinobi and Centurion. Redo and do right.

D-d0g56
11-23-2017, 05:57 PM
I wonder will they apologize for the extreme piece of **** new characters?

I wouldn't go as far as to call them that, but they are in need of a fix for sure.

matt89connor
11-23-2017, 06:30 PM
when the parry changes will come? give us a date pls

Jarl.Felix
11-23-2017, 06:43 PM
An absolute garbage Warrior's Den this week. Basicaly spitting in the community face. Thank you Ubicrap.

CandleInTheDark
11-23-2017, 06:57 PM
Fully recapped, excuse my need to stuff my face halfway through getting me behind ;) Some interesting stuff.

Helnekromancer
11-23-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm glad they are addressing Shaman quickly, hopefully this will lessen her effect on 4v4 game modes because on console its pretty much who has more Shamans.

Had 1 game yesterday where everyone was just using OG Heroes and the game was enjoyable then someone joined in the lobby after it was over, picked Shaman and my teammates were getting mauled. :D

vgrimr_J
11-23-2017, 07:30 PM
they are gonna give shaman a centurion treatment so that means she is not gonna be fixed any time soon

CandleInTheDark
11-23-2017, 07:36 PM
they are gonna give shaman a centurion treatment so that means she is not gonna be fixed any time soon

Did you actually listen to the Den?

Predator's mercy distance halved, a whole bunch of damages including predator's mercy down 5hp, recovery on wildcat's rage and regular block up,all of this hopefully for next week, tracking fix ready to go next time they have a title update which is usually middle of the month.

That's pretty substantial for a starting nerf and there might be more coming.

vgrimr_J
11-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Did you actually listen to the Den?

Predator's mercy distance halved, a whole bunch of damages including predator's mercy down 5hp, recovery on wildcat's rage and regular block up,all of this hopefully for next week, tracking fix ready to go next time they have a title update which is usually middle of the month.

That's pretty substantial for a starting nerf and there might be more coming.

oh, miss read my bad. did they say when its coming? weeks or months ?

Charmzzz
11-23-2017, 08:07 PM
Copied from OP:

Shaman, they are looking at how she is performing and the feedback coming in. They have already said she has a bug in tracking making the pounce hard to dodge, this is being fixed in next big patch, it is ready but they can't submit it now. There is a live patch coming with fixes balance wise, wildcat rage and normal block recovery will be increased, cancels will cost more stamina, there will be damage tweaks to the pounce and some of the heavies, range of predator's mercy will be halved. They are targeting this for next week, emphasis on targeting. They think she is an interesting character, she has a complex and complete kit which was one of the goals. The issue at the moment is all of the moves currently are a little too good, she was supposed to be able to do near everything but not be the best at everything. They plan to go a little bit step by step, they don't want to break her, they don't want another valkyrie overnerf/rebuff, but they are listening and working on it.

Edit: probably live patch next week.

Shawn2572013
11-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Thank you for the info. I'm hearing impaired and even though I watch every Warriors den, it's difficult to hear everything that's being said and I count on these recaps to get the fact. I wish you would have included the actual differences in Shaman. For instance, I heard one of her heavies will go from 25 to 20 dmg. But I know there was other damage adjustment and length of her pounce and what not. Is there any way you could please add that in.

Thank you

vgrimr_J
11-23-2017, 08:16 PM
Copied from OP:

Shaman, they are looking at how she is performing and the feedback coming in. They have already said she has a bug in tracking making the pounce hard to dodge, this is being fixed in next big patch, it is ready but they can't submit it now. There is a live patch coming with fixes balance wise, wildcat rage and normal block recovery will be increased, cancels will cost more stamina, there will be damage tweaks to the pounce and some of the heavies, range of predator's mercy will be halved. They are targeting this for next week, emphasis on targeting. They think she is an interesting character, she has a complex and complete kit which was one of the goals. The issue at the moment is all of the moves currently are a little too good, she was supposed to be able to do near everything but not be the best at everything. They plan to go a little bit step by step, they don't want to break her, they don't want another valkyrie overnerf/rebuff, but they are listening and working on it.

Edit: probably live patch next week.

thats great

CandleInTheDark
11-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the info. I'm hearing impaired and even though I watch every Warriors den, it's difficult to hear everything that's being said and I count on these recaps to get the fact. I wish you would have included the actual differences in Shaman. For instance, I heard one of her heavies will go from 25 to 20 dmg. But I know there was other damage adjustment and length of her pounce and what not. Is there any way you could please add that in.

Thank you

I paused and wrote down everything blow by blow from the Den so I have the actual numbers, used the words Roman used. I didn't go with numbers earlier because it was noisy around me and Roman does talk quickly without considering his accent lol. I've edited the details into the top post but here they are.

Wildcat's rage hits and normal block recovery up to 800 ms from 700

Nerf to predator's hunger, predator's mercy, wildcat's rage cancel to combat idle costs 24 stamina up from 10

Wildcat's rage damage down to 20 from 25, wildcat's swiftness to 20 from 25, pounce to 20 from 25, basic opener heavy down to 27 from 33

These are all due in the next live update, should be next week, maybe before next Den which is why they are telling us now but no guarantee. Tracking on the pounce is due to be fixed in the next title update which is stuff they can't generally do in the live updates, that is usually around middle of the month.

D-d0g56
11-23-2017, 09:03 PM
Pretty impressed with how quickly they're patching her. Tbh with what they mentioned it sounds like that would be enough bar a few tweeks.

CandleInTheDark
11-23-2017, 09:07 PM
Pretty impressed with how quickly they're patching her. Tbh with what they mentioned it sounds like that would be enough bar a few tweeks.

Yeah they designed her far better than the centurion in that, other than the tracking, if there was going to be anything unbalanced with her it was likely to be in the numbers which means a fix that doesn't tank her in one mode or the other is easier to figure.

Shawn2572013
11-24-2017, 01:00 AM

I don't see an info dump so likely this is another this is what is going on right now Den, anyhow we have a video so sticking it up here ready to go.

And we are go in three

two

one

News of the week

Level 3 bots, they did seamless maintenance to change them to pop for the top 10% rather than 20%

They merged skirmish and elimination, it might be something they do in the future with new game modes.They are working on changing it so that if a preference is set people will be matchmade into that mode, they are doing a maintenance tomorrow morning, they want feedback on this.

Community even order, tribute games won. There is also a tribute event list to play tribute only in market town.

Black friday sale, 20% off season pass, 60% off the game.

Q&A

They are waiting for Roman to talk about the Shaman, apparently he is some way away,but they do have news.

Any news on changes to salvage? They have several ideas they are working on. No ETA on anything yet outside something may be announced season 5. There was one thing someone noticed that in the patch notes someone could destroy gear for xp, they had thought of it early on but people could buy new levels in that way.

Will there be things like feast of the underworld in the future? Yes they are thinking of different things like that.

Warden plume ornament, when? The team have ideas but the next few months are taken up.

Could there be an event with a faction vs faction game mode? It is an idea they have had, for the moment they have not figured out how to do it well. They are thinking about it, maybe for an event, but how and how well, they don't know yet.

Will patch frequency go up with the patch overhaul? That isn't based on the size of the patch, they have to produce the content, test it, put it through the submission process etc.They have done more than 13 big patches since launch,not including any server patches, so they have done a lot. Also any time they do push too many things at once they risk introducing new problems.

Will realistic mode and endless march ever be implemented fully in a single permanent game event? They do plan to do things like that but not permanently because of splitting the community, this was why they merged elimination and skirmish, maybe it is something they can look at in the future merging play lists. One thing to note is that the event status often makes them more popular for that time.

Other than double xp events, are there any plans for xp buffs? Good question, they do have a future plan and ideas regarding xp but no hard details to give yet.

Timesnap replacement (the question called it this in any case), they are hard at work on it, they had a team issue which meant they had to pause development for a time, it isn't a timesnap replacement, it is lag management.

Shaman balancing. they are looking at how she is performing and the feedback coming in. They have already said she has a bug in tracking making the pounce hard to dodge, this is being fixed in next big patch, it is ready but they can't submit it now. There is a live patch coming with fixes balance wise. Wildcat's rage hits and normal block recovery up to 800 ms from 700

They are targeting this for next week, emphasis on targeting. They think she is an interesting character, she has a complex and complete kit which was one of the goals. The issue at the moment is all of the moves currently are a little too good, she was supposed to be able to do near everything but not be the best at everything. They plan to go a little bit step by step, they don't want to break her, they don't want another valkyrie overnerf/rebuff, but they are listening and working on it.

Performance issues on pc? There is a nvidea issue they are investigating, a workaround will be posted on reddit. This mostly seems a laptop issue.

Still working on reworks, apparently Damien loves the new kensei, but they are polishing animations at the moment. Damien said not any time soon, Roman said there should be stuff soon like three seconds later so...hey I just write what they say.

Q&A part 2

Any plan on guardbreak counter after parry? They released a lot of fight system changes, nothing on parry yet but should come this season.

Will they ever revert order refresh times? They have gone forward eight hours. They said all the orders were moved because they were refreshing different times, they could investigate the actual hour.

Any chance of faction war coming to portable platforms? They will see if they can.

Will they ever add campaign armour? This is not really feasible as it is not compatible with the multiplayer customisation system. They would need to rework it and lose a lot of detail, they might look at something but not soon.

Where can people send videos for the community corner? Reddit, message community managers, etc.

Nobushi sidewinder is only hitting one minion at a time now. They were not aware of this but they will look into it.

Are there plans to store item appearance because of inventory size. They agree it is a problem, they have a plan they are working on but it is in the design process so it is a way off yet. They are also looking at increasing inventory limit, it wasn't possible the last time they looked into ways and means but they are looking into it with the improvements since, might still be no mind you.

For Honor subreddit are doing a season 4 tribute tournament on all platforms from 1st to 3rd of December. Also a 1v1 tournament this sunday battlefy search for awoken gaming esports.

And that is a wrap.

I paused and wrote down everything blow by blow from the Den so I have the actual numbers, used the words Roman used. I didn't go with numbers earlier because it was noisy around me and Roman does talk quickly without considering his accent lol. I've edited the details into the top post but here they are.

Wildcat's rage hits and normal block recovery up to 800 ms from 700

Thank you very much

bob333e
11-24-2017, 01:49 AM
Thank you CandleInTheDark for the recap, glad to hear some tweaks and rebalances are already happening, the GB after parry thing worries me a bit since it's one of the purposes of doing a parry in For Honor, otherwise the importance of a parry will be reduced if you can't GB after a parry; but I digress, I'll wait for some more detail around this tidbit.

Knight_Raime
11-24-2017, 04:16 AM
Lots of good information. Thanks as always Candle.
I'm super glad that they are being cautious with her tweaks. I was super surprised to see they adjusted some recovery timings already. That's a big change. Though at first glance I only see it making an impact VS conq. Because currently he can block a heavy from her and not get a free GB. would be interested to see if it does anything else though.
Also was surprised they didn't tone back the bleed hit damages. Though I suppose because none are confirmable other than deflect I can see potentially why they didn't touch them yet.

My only 2 nitpicks from this is that they say we will get the parry changes this season but still no details on what they are.
And that they didn't acknowledge the wildcats rage bug. Hopefully it gets fixed soon and we at least hear something about the changes.

bmason1000
11-24-2017, 05:43 AM
Candle! Props my dude, always appreciated. The real mvp around here.

Shawn2572013
11-24-2017, 06:38 AM

And we are go in three

two

one

News of the week

Black friday sale, 20% off season pass, 60% off the game.

Q&A

Q&A part 2

And that is a wrap.

In the Warrior's Den they said the season pass discount was 25% (you have 20%) brother.

guor6800
11-24-2017, 09:22 AM

So which one is it? Can we have some more information on this process? Some teasers at least?

E.N.D.Y
11-24-2017, 11:16 AM
Hey Candle, thanks for the recap!

I'm suffering from the performance drop introduced in this season. I was quite happy when I heard they're going to post a workaround on Reddit. However, I couldn't find it anywhere... Any of you guys have any info about it?

Btw, I managed to catch a conversation in the Twitch chat, where one of the mods suggested turning off "Adaptive Vsync" in the game's options file. It's located in Documents/My Games/For Honor/options.ini, and setting "VSyncAdaptive=true" to "VSyncAdaptive=false" should do the trick. Try it, maybe you guys will have some luck.

Any info about that Reddit post is much appreciated!

CandleInTheDark
11-24-2017, 12:04 PM
In the Warrior's Den they said the season pass discount was 25% (you have 20%) brother.

Ah crud, thanks. I'll edit that into the top post now.

So which one is it? Can we have some more information on this process? Some teasers at least?

I know as much as you know, as I said in the bit you quoted, I only write what the devs say.

Hey Candle, thanks for the recap!

I'm suffering from the performance drop introduced in this season. I was quite happy when I heard they're going to post a workaround on Reddit. However, I couldn't find it anywhere... Any of you guys have any info about it?

Btw, I managed to catch a conversation in the Twitch chat, where one of the mods suggested turning off "Adaptive Vsync" in the game's options file. It's located in Documents/My Games/For Honor/options.ini, and setting "VSyncAdaptive=true" to "VSyncAdaptive=false" should do the trick. Try it, maybe you guys will have some luck.

Any info about that Reddit post is much appreciated!

Didn't find it on reddit but I had a look in the known issues sub board.

[PC] UNUSUALLY LOW FPS SINCE V1.15.0
Description: The frame rate per second may be constantly low, unusually drop or fluctuate abnormally for some players following the release of patch V1.15.0. This is mostly reported on laptop hardware.
Status: Please contact Customer Support if you are affected by this issue and include your system specifications.
Workaround: From the “Option --> Display” in-game menu, set V-Sync option to either “Off” or “Triple Buffering” or In For Honor options.ini file (Documents/my games/For Honor/options.ini), change the line “VSyncAdaptive=true” to “VSyncAdaptive=false”.

Armosias
11-24-2017, 04:53 PM
If I understood well about those reworks they can't tell anything nor show us but they will speak about more, I only hope they'll start explaining which directions they go for each hero soon enough.

Vakris_One
11-24-2017, 05:46 PM
A good set of balance tweaks for the Shaman right off the bat. As acknowledged by the less heated side of the community she is easily balanced by tweaking her numbers rather than destroying who she is intended to be as a character. Now I really want them to focus on the Aramusha and his future viability in the game. Having finally played him I am surprised by how few options he actually has. Not to mention how he can be GBed out of his starting light attack. I thought that kind of thing was something the devs agreed did not belong in the game, i.e. guardbreaking people during the startup of their attacks. It feels like a bug and I am surprised the devs haven't mentioned a fix for that.

They really need to do some tweaks and improvements on Aramusha though in order to help him stay relevant in the long run. On PC he is already getting shut down by people who know his combo and just turtle him into punish after punish. In my time playing him I've been getting my opening lights parried by some of the crazier skilled players and getting my mixups blocked by most players who've been studying him for the last 2 weeks now. The soft feint mixup game is already losing its new car smell and players are adapting to his speed, at least from my experience on PC and in my MMR bracket.

What I expected to happen with him is pretty much happening. His limited kit gives him very few options and if he cannot initiate his primary mixup game he gets shut down by turtling players. His only safety net for turtles who have him figured out is his zone. He's very dissapointing to play in my opinion. He looks fun but he's not fun to play because he is too hard to get a flow going versus how limited his kit is. Most players I am facing are completely over the initial shell shock of his light spam and are confident enough to GB him during his opening light, thus forcing you to start by throwing heavies in some instances, which then get parried. And then there's the players that are confident enough to outright parry his opening light - I wish I had their skill and/or framerates, whichever one is allowing them to do that.

Compared to the Shaman, who is easy to play and has the most versatile kit in the game (i.e. the most options), the Aramusha feels unrewarding for what he offers and is like a stick in the mud. I really want that addressed by the devs. In my opinion this is what he needs:

- GBing through his opening light attack should not be a thing. The devs have already confirmed that GB's stopping attack startups no longer fits their vision for the game so please follow through on that.

- His heavy finishers should be unblockable so he can force reactions. Increase their stamina cost if needed for balancing.

- Top heavy after Blade Blockade should be guarranteed no matter what guard stance it is initiated from. He gets no guarranteed heavy from a GB so therefore his blade blockade punish must be made to actually be rewarding to pull off considering that it is such an easily baitable and punishable move. BB offers very little currently considering that a) parrying gives him a better punish option most of the time and b) it opens him up to a bait + free GB. It feels like the devs wanted to make a high risk, high reward move but currently it is a high risk, low reward move and that needs to be looked into.

Optional:
- To be honest I'm a fan of either giving him a heavy from a GB or giving him a side dodge heavy similiar to Zerker/Shaman/Nobushi. But that would take actually creating a new mo-cap animation for him so requires a lot more time/effort to do. I think a dodge strike would give him more versatility and the game should be heading in that direction anyway, i.e. more options for everyone.

UbiJurassic
11-24-2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks for getting the recap up during the holiday, Candle! Great job as always. :)

CandleInTheDark
11-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Thanks for getting the recap up during the holiday, Candle! Great job as always. :)

Eh I'm British lol, I know it's thanksgiving over there but no big family meal where I am, we still get black friday though, any excuse for stores to profit. Welcome in any case.

OdinLovesMe
11-25-2017, 05:19 PM
Thank you ubisoft You did well to nerfing shaman but i have a suggestion which is i think she got enough nerf for the future you shouldnt nerf her anymore because if you do she will be like prenerf shinobi and noone will play her. After the nerf people will talk about she is broken nerf her again but u should not do it if you do you will break her and 1 dlc hero all the efforts for her will go for nothing .

ShadowStepped
11-27-2017, 10:51 PM
I totally disagree with you top heavy guarantee idea. The recovery time on the blade blockade is actually pretty good. Fast enough to be able to block top lights after storm rush in fact. I agree with many of your other points but being able to guarantee a heavy when all someone has to do is push down on the right stick is over the top. Rather than blocking like other characters or even having to parry and the difficulty of deflecting, i think the Aramusha being able to block the way he already can is reward enough. He doesnt have block decay either. He would be stupid broken and a step in the wrong direction in regard to the turtle meta if they did it that way in my opinion.

bob333e
11-28-2017, 01:54 AM
I totally disagree with you top heavy guarantee idea. The recovery time on the blade blockade is actually pretty good. Fast enough to be able to block top lights after storm rush in fact. I agree with many of your other points but being able to guarantee a heavy when all someone has to do is push down on the right stick is over the top. Rather than blocking like other characters or even having to parry and the difficulty of deflecting, i think the Aramusha being able to block the way he already can is reward enough. He doesnt have block decay either. He would be stupid broken and a step in the wrong direction in regard to the turtle meta if they did it that way in my opinion.

I, for one, only have a problem with his full-block stance if I throw more than 1 attack and he reads me easily. If you feint a heavy however, and your opponent tends to over-enjoy fullblock, they'll fall for it. Fullblock won't save him from a GB. I was able to pull it off countless times.

I also think Warlord with his fullblock is still deadlier than Aramusha because Warlord can headbutt and throw a guaranteed quick jab. Also Warlord's side heavy has hyperarmor. The problem with Aramusha isn't his full-block, it's other things like his top-side spam or his Rocksteady feat.

ShadowStepped
11-28-2017, 05:25 PM
I do not have a problem with his full block stance at all. I feint the crap out of him all the time. My statement was in regard to the defensive meta and awarding a guarantee heavy for blade blockade. Could you imagine the number of people who would just stand there waiting to block any attack and being rewarded a free heavy? The idea is to go the opposite direction of staring contests. Rewarding a gur heavy is a way to back peddle in the direction i think the game is going.

Vakris_One
11-29-2017, 04:43 PM
I assume you're replying to my post? You have a point about guarranteeing heavies from being defensive however that is going to be entirely dependant on what the devs do with parrying. Currently every character can get a guarranteed heavy from parrying a light attack including Aramusha so that makes the risk of BB completely not worth it when all he can get from it is a stun and/or a push back. BB is very punishable and only catches out inexperienced players who are throwing out attacks wildly. Against good players you'll rarely if ever get a successful blade blockade.

If the devs change how parrying works so that no one gets a guarranteed heavy from any kind of parry then sure, by all means leave Aramusha's BB as it is. BUT his Twin Vipers need to be made more consistent. Against some characters he can get the top heavy guarranteed from a BB if his guard stance was already at top stance. Against other characters he cannot get it guarranteed no matter what because they're recovery is faster. That needs to be sorted out in my opinion because it's a bit ridiculous to be so inconsistent - I mean you can get it against some assassins but not against other assassins. So that's a disparity even amongst the same type of class. Either he gets Twin Vipers guarranteed against everyone as long as his guard was to the top when doing BB or he doesn't get it guarranteed at all - once the devs decide which way they want to go with that we can move on and suggest nerfs or buffs accordingly.

ShadowStepped
11-30-2017, 12:34 AM
Yes, Vakris_One I was replying to your post. I understand what you mean man I really do. I just think the BB is just so simple to pull off for it to gur a heavy attack. With parrying you have to push the direction of the attack and heavy attack button at the same time so it is not everyone can pull it off. I have a friend who plays with me and he cannot parry. Will the strong players mess with the timing of BB in order to get a hit through?/, yes, but that doesn’t mean the power of it should be increased. That would be like me saying I want my Orochi to be able to deflect an attack by pressing down on the stick no matter what the direction of the attack. Decent players will have an easier time against BB than weaker players. The friend I mentioned gets owned nonstop by the Aramusha as he cannot feint or parry. I can parry block or deflect because I have more experience but I still have ran in to an Aramusha who blocked everything I did regardless so it works both ways.