PDA

View Full Version : Control Input Problems?

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-22-2017, 04:55 PM
recently, in the last week or two I seem to be suffering from either a lot of unintended actions or failing to perform actions that i do intend while playing the game?, For Honor can be a fast paced hectic game for sure but I've been playing it since the beginning and think i know my way round fairly well but i'm noticing recently what seems to be lots of problems executing the most simple of moves, there are so many times that i swear i switched guard in time or counter guard broke an attacking opponent yet it doesn't seem to register and i'm getting punished? for example I've read my opponent well and know what he's going to do next, get ready for it, he does it, i execute my plan but my guy(s) either does the wrong thing or does not react at all?

i got to a point that i actually went out and have bought a new controller thinking that maybe my one is screwed up but it really hasn't changed anything, now i know this could just all be me, maybe i'm not as good as i think or my reactions are slowing down and i'm getting old! but i just thought id put it out there to see if anyone else is having these problems and it could be a thing that UBI needs to look at?, I have an excellent Internet connection, i play mainly 4v4 games and am on the PS4, my mains are Nobushi, Gladiator & Lawbringer

MrSkuII
11-22-2017, 05:09 PM
I've experienced the exact same thing. Switching directions to block only for it an enemy to bonk me on the head as if I did nothing, counter guard breaks just failing entirely with me in confusion as I splat into walls, attacks not following up after the input has been put in.

Definately feels like since season 4 there's either some delay or, and I'm just guessing here some kind of 'phantom' input leftover or something. Like when I'm changing guard, it's still registering it being held in another position so it's negated.

Vordred
11-22-2017, 05:19 PM
yeah, i have noticed this too. as someone that plays a lot of Highlander, i find my Celtic Curse keeps failing to soft feint, not something i ever had issue with before

SweetJesus.
11-22-2017, 05:23 PM
Same for me.Since November 21 the gamepad input is not working for me.I tried on other game and my gamepad work perfectly fine.

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-22-2017, 06:21 PM
Ok, that's good to know, its not just me then, something appears to be going on with the inputs,

over to you UBI, something that your guys need to look at,

on a side note this could be compounding & contributing to the frustration so many are feeling with the S4 characters too?

Strikes91.
11-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Hmm noticed this aswell. Even bought a new controller lol. Noticed that some players lags alot tho 'dial up modems'

MrSkuII
11-22-2017, 06:27 PM
I've thought that too.

Seems one of the most common complaints about Aramusha and Shaman is that their lights are so fast, they cannot be reacted to. While I have to admit screaching like a goof when I'm against lvl3 bots of those two, I tend to ramble it's brokenly fast, but when it seems to happen against other classes too, I've figured it's a very likely possibility.

Also as a side comment, I've noticed a few times when enemies attack they seem to start their attack with a faster animation than usual, or the attack simply appears mid animation. Seems like a lag thing really, but that paired with the input, certainly doesn't help.