PDA

View Full Version : PC Performance Issues AC Origins Content Build 2291545

zlonghorns
11-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Just updated Origins this morning only to boot the game and instead of a few stutters in the first few minutes, I'm constantly greeted with fps drops down to 1 FPS. This consistently happens in a city and once i go to a desert everything is fine. Looking into it I see that instead of the normal 80% - 90% CPU usage I'm used to seeing, its a constant 100% causing my CPU to throttle. Keep in mind i have a Intel i7 7700k clocked at 4.4 GHz. Why all of a sudden is my game unplayable. It's really frustrating spending over $1,000 on a rig just to have this kind of problem. What did you add a third layer of DRM????

Specs of my rig include:
Intel i7 7700k at 4.4GHz
GTX 1070 FTW
8GB HyperX DDR4 RAM 2400mhz
with a 1080p 144hz monitor

Windows and Drivers are all up to date. I'm all ears Ubisoft.

ai_ab
11-22-2017, 04:23 PM
I've just updated the game and I have no issues. In addition to that I am yet to see a proof that it is a DRM that causes the high CPU usage. So far the more detailed the environment is, the more people and animals there are the higher is the CPU usage.

Check the graphics settings, VSYNC, GSYNC. Try modifying the graphic settings to see whether there is some conflict there.

zlonghorns
11-22-2017, 04:40 PM
ai_ab
"I've just updated the game and I have no issues. In addition to that I am yet to see a proof that it is a DRM that causes the high CPU usage. So far the more detailed the environment is, the more people and animals there are the higher is the CPU usage.

Check the graphics settings, VSYNC, GSYNC. Try modifying the graphic settings to see whether there is some conflict there."

VSYNC is disabled and my monitor doesn't have GSYNC. Turned all settings to lowest and problem still persists. CPU usage still 100%. I have no upscaling enabled, my resolution is 1920x1080p, no adaptive options enabled, and my VRAM usage isn't even half of my 8GB.

ai_ab
11-22-2017, 08:02 PM
And when you check the processes tab in the Task Manager is it ACO that loads the CPU the most? Or is there any other process that has a high CPU load?

zlonghorns
11-22-2017, 09:43 PM
ai_ab
"And when you check the processes tab in the Task Manager is it ACO that loads the CPU the most? Or is there any other process that has a high CPU load?"

Besides normal system processes, Nvidia overlay, Steam and Uplay (at the most taking up 10%-15% collectively), Yes its just ACO.

ai_ab
11-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Have you tried verifying the installation just in case? I am actually out of ideas... have you seen anyone else with a similar issue?

Anvnamnet
11-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Everyone has this issue... it is known.. And the theory is that it is the DRM.

ai_ab
11-23-2017, 08:52 AM
Could you check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU?

Everyone has this issue... it is known.. And the theory is that it is the DRM.

Have you even read OP's post? So everyone has constant drops to 1FPS? Then why is this the only thread about the issue? Why there are no more reports of this issue?

So far there is no proof of this theory. And don't you find it suspicious that this theory was spread by the software pirates?

zlonghorns
11-23-2017, 02:30 PM
ai_ab
"Could you check the temperatures of your CPU and GPU?"

Temps were all normal, verified cache and still had the problem. Restarted PC a few times. Went through processes and killed everything I didn't need. Still nothing. So i decided to try a fresh install which worked. Everything is back to normal with the first few stutters in the first few minutes. Freakin weird man! I have no clue what would've caused that. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Patchass
11-23-2017, 02:45 PM
just updated the game and all of a sudden it stutters and loads every second, becoming pretty unplayable :mad:
any help would be greatly appreciated :(.

mirtet
11-23-2017, 04:13 PM
I bet developpers have lot to do with all bugs now that performance is not the biggest thing for them as it is for us.
Can sure see there is no any kind of optimizing in performance if even pause screen keeps cpu running 40%.
But my gameplay is anyway enough to play though benchmark telling me my system is Ultra low, or very low. And with that fps is going sometimes close 10 and then its getting annoying. 15 is almost enough, 20 better and can only dream about 25. But because HP pavillion 1150sc with i7 processor cant be updated from nvidia 560 to 1050,which is kinda shame for hp, I cant but live with it ;)

Anyway,resolution is the main setting to get more fps, and also that resolution modifier which I have now at 80. And most other settings kinda low. Remember there is other page on graphics setting to set also lower..

And anyway2.. I have little interest to wait until they get some fine tuning gurus to work with performance issues. If even black screen need half of pc then how much better it could get when low level programmers do some work.