PDA

View Full Version : Give us 60fps on console already

Mtcmnkk
11-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Half the problems people complain about would be solved immediately if console players had 60fps.

All the YouTubers who play this game, that I watch, play on PC. I never hear them complaining about the pk lights or not being able to parry lights in general. Now we have two heroes that can soft feint into lights, so parrying is even harder against them in addition to their fast attacks in general. Not complaining about the soft feints but it seems like this game is moving closer, with every patch, to favoring fast light attack characters. It makes the game incredibly stale.

This is a fighting game. You need to have good reactions to be successful. 30 FPS IS NOT ENOUGH.

Alustar.
11-21-2017, 06:50 PM
Lol, I love seeing noobs blaming their poor gameplay on frames per second not knowing what that actually means.

More frames per second didn't give you more time, it makes animations smoother.

Smoother animations aren't going to make you pay any better, it will just allow you to see with clarity where you went wrong.

Consoles won't be able to handle 60fps with it that buying down your system.

Mtcmnkk
11-21-2017, 07:13 PM
If the frame rate is smoother you'll be able to see the animation sooner genius. Consoles can handle it.

Alustar.
11-21-2017, 07:23 PM
Lol ok, got any experience with 3D animation to back that up, or are you just guessing?

Tundra 793
11-21-2017, 07:36 PM
Lol, I love seeing noobs blaming their poor gameplay on frames per second not knowing what that actually means.

Smoother animations aren't going to make you pay any better, it will just allow you to see with clarity where you went wrong.

Consoles won't be able to handle 60fps with it that buying down your system.

Doesn't more frames, double the frames in fact, make it easier to see/anticipate your enemies moves since the game now has twice the frames with which convey motion?

I.E. more frames doesn't make a 400ms Light Attack slower, but the game can show give you double the visual information in those 400ms.

KotoKuraken
11-21-2017, 08:26 PM
More frames == more updated info == more opportunity to counter

Specifically for example with sample values just to visualize the process going on, let's say we have 1 second an attack. In this example (still just an example with simplified numbers to visualize the process), if PC has ten frames to update of 0.1 seconds each, console would only be able to update with 5 frames of only 0.2 seconds each. Let's say the parry window is somewhere in between 0.5-0.7 seconds. On PC, the visual indicator shows up at 0.5-0.6 seconds, so PC can respond to that on the next frame. On console, because it only updates every 0.2 seconds, console wouldn't get that indicator until 0.6 seconds, which means they would have way less time to parry it in time because the indicator didn't give them nearly as much time to respond. Considering also that this update time applies to updating your input as well, if you miss the previous frame, your attack will get chunked into the next frame and could end up missing an attack that could have been more easily parried or maybe a feint that could have be used in time to block an attack.

Again, these values are not accurate to what is in game, but are example values to give a jist of what is happening with the frame difference.

Mtcmnkk
11-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Lol ok, got any experience with 3D animation to back that up, or are you just guessing?

Lol at suggesting I need some type of experience to know that doubling the fps will make it easier to see and therefore react. Do I need a chemistry degree to know that water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit?

Let's try this in reverse. If the game was played at 15 fps do you think you'd be able to react the same?
The human eye can detect both light and movement way faster than 30 fps... Do I need a physiology degree for that too?
Take a look on YouTube videos that show the difference between 30fps and 60fps. You'll easily see the difference.

Mtcmnkk
11-21-2017, 08:44 PM
More frames == more updated info == more opportunity to counter

Specifically for example with sample values just to visualize the process going on, let's say we have 1 second an attack. In this example (still just an example with simplified numbers to visualize the process), if PC has ten frames to update of 0.1 seconds each, console would only be able to update with 5 frames of only 0.2 seconds each. Let's say the parry window is somewhere in between 0.5-0.7 seconds. On PC, the visual indicator shows up at 0.5-0.6 seconds, so PC can respond to that on the next frame. On console, because it only updates every 0.2 seconds, console wouldn't get that indicator until 0.6 seconds, which means they would have way less time to parry it in time because the indicator didn't give them nearly as much time to respond.

This

Alustar.
11-22-2017, 02:18 AM
First off, the fact that you are arguing that small of a millisecond difference is sad.
Second off, you don't just throw extra frames in. They would have to reformat the current animations, which would increase buffer rates because now there is double(on the conservative side) the information being processed between machines, thus increasing latency.
How about we just cut the crap and say what you really want, and buffer the time before an attack executed, because that's what this really is.

David_gorda
11-22-2017, 02:22 AM
We want same time to defend as on PC, but i doubt it ever so assassins light attack spam Will Continue be cancer.

Alustar.
11-22-2017, 02:23 AM
Players regularly block light spam.
Three is a nifty tool to help you adjust the controller dead zones, it had become increasingly intricate and had improved my play drastically. If you have not looked at it, I suggest you give that a shot. I'm on PS4 I showed a friend that and helped him set it up, then went to town throwing out peacekeeper light spam, after a few matches and further tweaks I stopped light spamming because it was useless.
If you'd like help, let me know.

David_gorda
11-22-2017, 02:27 AM
Not that hard to block, parry and deflect peacekeeper light and canceled zone is it not many that can do consistently on ps4
Sure tell Alustar.

Alustar.
11-22-2017, 03:50 AM
Not that hard to block, parry and deflect peacekeeper light and canceled zone is it not many that can do consistently on ps4
Sure tell Alustar.

The only heroes that suffer heavily from peacekeeper zones are other assassin classes, anyone with a static block sets it to the left, or gets ready to full block and face smash.

CoyoteXStarrk
11-22-2017, 04:00 AM

Thats a steaming pile of crap and you know it lol

60fps has CLEAR and established advantages over 30fps. Especially in a game where reaction time is everything.

Forsakin1
11-22-2017, 04:02 AM
you want pc then go get pc as far as i can tell (being I build them) pc is and will always be the best gaming platform simply do to hardware new and improved is every 6 to 8 months the chip I got last year is half as good as the one from April and 2 times slower than the one dropping in January. you feel like buying a new console every year. then hush about the fps. to help you try to adjust your tv setting most have a game mode that helps to counter lag and low fps and be as efficient as it can. thew devs did what they could to make it signal the attack as soon as it possibly could, not much they can do past that till lag comp mechanics is done. servers and static lobbies with skill caps. all of those things and I think the community as a whole would be much happier.

Forsakin1
11-22-2017, 04:05 AM
And do you guys really think that makes a difference, the guy you are playing is in the same boat at 30fps, so when you fight no body blocks or parries anything, huh must be a fast match....

Mtcmnkk
11-22-2017, 05:10 AM
And do you guys really think that makes a difference, the guy you are playing is in the same boat at 30fps, so when you fight no body blocks or parries anything, huh must be a fast match....

When you're playing against assassins of course it makes a difference, how dumb are some of you. Why do you think there is so much complaining on the forum about crap needing to be nerfed. 60fps immediately fixes half the complaints. If the difference between 30fps and 60 wouldn't make a difference why would any game ever be 60fps

PolishRifle81
11-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Does ps4 pro have an advantage on the regular ps4???

PolishRifle81
11-22-2017, 05:17 AM
What do u put your dead zone at???

Knight_Raime
11-22-2017, 05:57 AM
As much as i'd love that it's not going to happen. The best way to play for honor on console is with a wired controller and a gaming monitor.

PolishRifle81
11-22-2017, 06:05 AM
I do that, but was wondering if a ps4 pro helps and is there any settings i should do to improve fps

Alustar.
11-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Does ps4 pro have an advantage on the regular ps4???
It's internet connections are more stable

What do u put your dead zone at???

That's A question. I have the static dead zone set down to 7, but I also tweak the left/right/up block values to my thumb orientation.

Vordred
11-22-2017, 03:28 PM
60fps on console would be possible if they scaled back the res and graphics, but they won't do that, as it seems these days, games must be pretty over everything. and in fairness alot of that is on players, i know quite a few people where they buy games based on how they look.

Herbstlicht
11-22-2017, 03:38 PM
PS4 Pro is said to have higher input lag. It's wlan chip is better though then the one used in the first Standart model. But I think we talk about 3ms difference.

But more general speaking: if we get some kind of lag compensation with servers so that 500 ms attacks don't jump from 300 to 550 ms, it would already help very much. Overall I appreciate the speedier fights in console. Take those over staring contest every day.

Forsakin1
11-22-2017, 11:17 PM
It's like this the guy playing assassin is 30fps and you are too, now I play assassin heroes win some lose some and the other guy good example in a duel it was a LB he parried my dodge light from the other side but guess he was playing a different 30fps than i was, now I some times play keni shug bushi cent how come i can parry assassins and block it's timing not fps if you know it takes 20 mins to get to work are you late because you car can only go 30 or because you left late, reflexes of a cat or 60 yr old. we all see the game at 30fps how come people didn't win the pvp tourny with assassins and the top tier heroes are not all assassins.

David_gorda
11-22-2017, 11:21 PM
What top tier character is not assassins?

ChampionRuby50g
11-22-2017, 11:25 PM
What top tier character is not assassins?

One could argue the likes of Raider and Lawbringer to be up there in top tier. There's two straight of the bat.

David_gorda
11-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Not in duels, definitly not on console, they have a place in 4vs 4 though. Peacekeeper and shaman Will own in duels and brawls on console

Forsakin1
11-23-2017, 03:53 AM
I rarely lose to a pk and beat a lvl 3 shamen bot best 3 out of 5 duel matches. with my rep 1 shug and no rep raider. try again

ChampionRuby50g
11-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Not in duels, definitly not on console, they have a place in 4vs 4 though. Peacekeeper and shaman Will own in duels and brawls on console

Are you serious? If I wanted to I could go into tournament and win with LB using very little effort. All I would need to do is turtle up, block shove light/GB. Raider has one of the best OOS punishes in the game, very strong mix up potential, the ability to CGB while DODGING, and you mean to say they aren't top tier?

Mtcmnkk
11-23-2017, 07:38 AM
60fps on console would be possible if they scaled back the res and graphics, but they won't do that, as it seems these days, games must be pretty over everything.

This

David_gorda
11-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Dont remember a lawbringer or Raider win a competive 1v1 tournament, one Raider got far using unblock "tech" before. Lawbringer cant attack against decent player except and many classes have unblockables, what is he going to do against a toeststabbing zoneattacking gladiator for example?

Armosias
11-23-2017, 10:32 AM
It's like this the guy playing assassin is 30fps and you are too, now I play assassin heroes win some lose some and the other guy good example in a duel it was a LB he parried my dodge light from the other side but guess he was playing a different 30fps than i was, now I some times play keni shug bushi cent how come i can parry assassins and block it's timing not fps if you know it takes 20 mins to get to work are you late because you car can only go 30 or because you left late, reflexes of a cat or 60 yr old. we all see the game at 30fps how come people didn't win the pvp tourny with assassins and the top tier heroes are not all assassins.
This is nonsense or I lack basic understanding abilities?

ChampionRuby50g
11-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Dont remember a lawbringer or Raider win a competive 1v1 tournament, one Raider got far using unblock "tech" before. Lawbringer cant attack against decent player except and many classes have unblockables, what is he going to do against a toeststabbing zoneattacking gladiator for example?

I don't keep up with the Tournaments, and in my last comment I meant the in-game Ranked Tournaments.
But, if you take a look at the numerous tier lists on the subreddit you will see that most, if not all have Raider and LB in B class or higher, Raider sitting in S sometimes. You get PK in S, where she always has been, and Glad been up there in A. Shinobi, no. Orochi, no. Beserker, no. Shaman has the potential, but this wont stay that way due to this community wanting a nerf. You originally asked "What top tier character is not assassins?" and i merely gave you some answers. Top tier does not mean "has to win every tournament", and thats just a bad example anyway.

But, to answer this question, as LB I can easily dodge toestab from Glad for a free GB, zone is possible to dodge too. LB has powerful parry punish, high damage, good mixups, shove on block, extremely high punishment to exhausted enemy, good wall splat punish, all of which makes him strong and placed decently in tiers. Which isn't tournaments.

Alustar.
11-23-2017, 01:45 PM
I detest this notion of grouping heroes into tiers like this. Its not the hero that whooped your *** its the player.
If I get beat I didn't get beat by an OP raider or top tier peacekeeper or Nobushi, I got beat by a top tier player.

BTTrinity
11-23-2017, 04:04 PM
I detest this notion of grouping heroes into tiers like this. Its not the hero that whooped your *** its the player.
If I get beat I didn't get beat by an OP raider or top tier peacekeeper or Nobushi, I got beat by a top tier player.

******** lmao, some classes are just bad and can't do ANYTHING vs turtles. Play Zerk against a good Warlord who does nothing but block and headbutt spam when it's guaranteed. No matter how good you are as Zerk, you WILL NOT open him up.

BTTrinity
11-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Yeah, they def need 60 fps.... Just turn off dynamic reflections and scale down the res a bit plz xD

David_gorda
11-23-2017, 04:22 PM
I don't keep up with the Tournaments, and in my last comment I meant the in-game Ranked Tournaments.
But, if you take a look at the numerous tier lists on the subreddit you will see that most, if not all have Raider and LB in B class or higher, Raider sitting in S sometimes. You get PK in S, where she always has been, and Glad been up there in A. Shinobi, no. Orochi, no. Beserker, no. Shaman has the potential, but this wont stay that way due to this community wanting a nerf. You originally asked "What top tier character is not assassins?" and i merely gave you some answers. Top tier does not mean "has to win every tournament", and thats just a bad example anyway.

But, to answer this question, as LB I can easily dodge toestab from Glad for a free GB, zone is possible to dodge too. LB has powerful parry punish, high damage, good mixups, shove on block, extremely high punishment to exhausted enemy, good wall splat punish, all of which makes him strong and placed decently in tiers. Which isn't tournaments.
You play in PC right? I am prestige 20 on My lawbringer and its not Exactly easy to parry lights or dodge a toestab on Playstation.

Forsakin1
11-24-2017, 12:17 AM
why not I'm console and destroy shamen I have 2.3 kd in dual with rochi and yet my op shinobi is 1.4 it's a skill vs skill game go practice duel lvl 1 raider watch the red mark that quick white flash is the time to parry and deflect, the only people I see having problems seem to be the new guys, I understand I was new once but it's not the fps there is no cross platform play the guy on the other end is 30fps too, why can he do what you can't PRACTICE this is not a one hour played and mastered game. quit asking for mk or darksiders. balance sucks but it's not over whelming except in ganks, now that sucks. 3 LB on overwatch. once the real issues are taking care of it will change, almost every hero with few exceptions has 500ms lights and been that way since the beginning. but no one said valk was op or warden it was the heroes that gave the players problems, so instead of going and practice against that hero and get better the entitled selfish brats of the world cried out for nerfs....

ChampionRuby50g
11-24-2017, 12:17 AM
You play in PC right? I am prestige 20 on My lawbringer and its not Exactly easy to parry lights or dodge a toestab on Playstation.

Nah, I'm an Xbox player. I've got a Rep 36 LB and I do have a 1ms response time monitor I play on so it makes it a touch easier for me over players on TV, but even before I got my monitor and played on TV I could parry some lights pretty consistently. Now I have a gaming monitor that "some lights" went to "most lights". A Glad should never throw two lights in a row at me, unless they wanna hear "Ad Mortem!"

Hormly
11-24-2017, 03:39 PM
30fps isnt some artistic choice, its a technical limitation, they cant just 'give' you 60fps because consoles are wimpy and literally cant run games with a smooth framerate. Its why you paid so much less than someone with a gaming rig, its why the quality of your gaming is worse.

If you want games that run smooth, you need to shell out some $$ for a rig.

Tundra 793
11-24-2017, 03:47 PM
30fps isnt some artistic choice, its a technical limitation, they cant just 'give' you 60fps because consoles are wimpy and literally cant run games with a smooth framerate. Its why you paid so much less than someone with a gaming rig, its why the quality of your gaming is worse.

If you want games that run smooth, you need to shell out some $$ for a rig.

Both the base PS4 and Xbox One can run games at 60 FPS. Most developers just seem to focus more on graphical fidelity than high framerates.