PDA

View Full Version : Optimization bug STILL under investigation

SorakTheLegend
11-21-2017, 05:45 PM
On Nov. 12th, game director Ashraf Ismail confirmed that we're dealing with "optimization bug and is being *fixed*".

Well, it's not.

Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Since this is common issue on every current-gen console (PS4/Pro/XBONE/XOX), we need proper statement. Should we even expect a fix at this point? We deserve to know such things.

Redw0lfAlpha
11-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Well i guess this is it... I think we're done here. They choose just to ingnore a simple question from a paying customer. Is this how you treat your customers?

Left us all in the dark about if you still working on a fix or not. Asking for our patience. Just give us a bloody update. Will there be a fix or not? That's what we want to know. That's what i want to know! Or just admit this was just a downgrade. We deserve to know that.

SorakTheLegend
11-23-2017, 12:48 AM
Well i guess this is it... I think we're done here. They choose just to ingnore a simple question from a paying customer. Is this how you treat your customers?

Left us all in the dark about if you still working on a fix or not. Asking for our patience. Just give us a bloody update. Will there be a fix or not? That's what we want to know. That's what i want to know! Or just admit this was just a downgrade. We deserve to know that.

Exactly. Nothing more, nothing less.

xenosmilus64
11-24-2017, 09:33 AM
The response has been pathetic, quite frankly.

For consoles:
1.03 downgrade. Ubisoft act surprised and ask for more details
1.04 downgrade. Ubisoft continue to act surprised and ask for more details.
Perhaps coincidentally, photomode website is offline for 'maintenance' from around this point and is still down to this day
Then they say they're looking into it and It'll be fixed. It gets added to their known issues list with the note 'working on a fix'
Ubi-Banshee "Our team was recently able to reproduce the issue and we are now able to work on a fix with urgency"
1.05 No obvious improvement despite a patch note 'Fixed some level of detail issues in the world and for some NPCs'.
Status in known issues gets changed to 'under investigation'
No further updates from Ubisoft.

Then for PCs:
Users stuck with 1.03 and updates held back until just prior to thanksgiving 1.05 is released right before a holiday so I assume PC users are now having to deal with similar issues, conveniently and coincidentally ( ? ) when all the gaming news sites are going to be on hiatus...

I note that if you open a support request at the moment for Assassin's creed Origins, if you select "technical issue' as the topic, chat is unavailable due to 'high demand'. Most other topics seem to have chat. I have a support request that has been open for a week now with no response.

Ubisoft, if you don't like people speculating here, perhaps you should consider giving everyone a more complete update on what is going on, and what we can expect going forward.

mirtet
11-24-2017, 03:08 PM
I begin to believe that computer programmers working with games, are mostly and sadly "high level" programmers and they dont know anything about low level things like performance. They can sure make benchmark feature in game but no idea how to get performance better..well..of course..except by buying monster adapter which also needs new desktop and so on. And this desparate need of low level programmers make things only worse and worse. They maybe do that low level programming by as seen, by showing less details on screen. No, its not low level programming..:P..it is shame
Anyway, if black pause screen needs 40% performance of i7 processor, how much normal gamepaly lose because of that same black dot refreshing ;)

But maybe display adapter factories clap hands loud when they see this kind of developpers.