PDA

View Full Version : Banned users: innocent or "innocent"

nik_lin
11-21-2017, 04:33 PM
I have noticed two things lately:

1) A lot fewer cheaters since the latest update.

2) A lot of people whining on the forum that they have been banned even though they have never cheated.

What do you guys think? How many of the whiners are cheaters hoping to get back into the game? :) Or is Trollbane banning innocent players as well?

M3fi_100
11-23-2017, 11:36 AM
As always IMO the truth lies in between. So there are probably people of both groups present. No idea though how large is each of them...

Kerstoz
11-24-2017, 06:02 PM
What I am curious on is how do they detect cheaters? Do we have a sorta cheat detection system in play? (I know we have Trollsbane, but is it a detection system?)

Besides cheating (obviously) are there any other ways a normal player can get banned? I remember reading a week back that they no longer want players playing Phone Destroyer on PC (Using an emulator) does this mean those who play or have played on an Emulator risk getting banned?

If there is a cheat detection, could apps connected to Phone Destroyer trigger the detection? Such as apps to lock access to an app or similar apps that requries access to Phone Destroyer that is not actually affecting it? Just trying to figure how a "legit" player could actually be banned besides lying that he actually did not cheat.

nik_lin
11-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I guess Trollbane is supposed to both detect and ban players?

However, I dont think any details have been shared regarding how it functions. Which is probably a good idea in the short run, if you want to make sure the cheaters dont know why they are getting banned.

It sounds a bit over the top to ban every single player who ever used an emulator to play the game, since it doesnt really mean you are cheating. TBH I wouldnt mind playing this game on my PC instead. But I also understand that it is very easy to control the entire environment when you are using emulators / rooted phones.

I wonder how well the anti cheat system is working though? I have only met one or two cheaters after the update and they were doing the "poor network connection detected" ****, not the old energy hack. But from what I saw in my team, people seem to be running into more and more cheaters again. And the forum seem to indicate that as well?

Have the cheaters found effective ways around Trollsbane? It is bound to happen as long as the PvP control is on the client side. We can only hope they are working on a more permanent solution to fix the issue of cheaters in PvP...