PDA

View Full Version : Friendly icons

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I prefer to play without icons on; however, when flying as a wingman, in the confusion I easily lose my charge. It'd be nice to have an icons "on" setting for friendly ac, or even for wingmen only (with & without distance indicating).

Just a thought ...

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:26 PM
I prefer to play without icons on; however, when flying as a wingman, in the confusion I easily lose my charge. It'd be nice to have an icons "on" setting for friendly ac, or even for wingmen only (with & without distance indicating).

Just a thought ...

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:43 PM
You can set different distances for activation of icons for both enemies and for friends.

This option was available in IL-2:Original v1.04.

<blockquote>
7. Icons in On-Line Games

The server hosting an on-line game now has an ability to set distances at which the plane icons will be visible. The command syntax is:
mp_dotrange [FRIENDLY|FOE] [DEFAULT] [COLOR <km>] [DOT <km>] [RANGE <km>] [TYPE <km>] [ID <km>] [NAME <km>]

FRIENDLY of FOE keywords define as to what party the following parameters apply - the aircraft of the viewer's army, or the aircraft of the hostile armies.
The following keys define the distance the appropriate icon effect is enabled at:
COLOR - the distance the icon takes the color of the inbound plane's army at. Icons farther than that are drawn in grey.
DOT - how far the 'dot' plane marker is visible.
RANGE - how far to draw the distance numbers in the icon.
TYPE - how far the airplane model or model family is visible.
ID - how far the tactical number is visible.
NAME - how far the aircraft's pilot name is visible (if it is driven by a human pilot).
mp_dotrange DEFAULT restores the Il-2 pre-defined icon set-up.
mp_dotrange run without parameters prints the current icon set-up ranges (may be issued both on client and server sides).
</blockquote>

<center>http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/images/mash_potter_anim.gif (http://www.bloggerheads.com/mash_quiz/)</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks, I probably missed this.

Are these options available offline (I don't have online access -- from home)?

XyZspineZyX
08-20-2003, 03:16 PM
open Conf.ini in Notepad or Wordpad scroll to the section [game]

You should be able to change the iconTypes= value

You'll have to try several values 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,etc.

I'm not sure,chich is which. Someone might see this post and know specifically what they are.

Good luck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

[game]
Arcade=0
HighGore=0
mapPadX=0.6725
mapPadY=-0.041666668
viewSet=34
Intro=0
NoSubTitles=0
NoChatter=0
NoHudLog=0
NoLensFlare=0