PDA

View Full Version : 3 months to go and no map editor news

Farcryisdead
11-20-2017, 01:35 PM
Only 3 months left and still no map editor news, im starting to get a bit concerned now, im getting those fc4 vibes. why leave it so late? i hope im wrong and we get some info soon. fingers crossed.

akilyoung
11-20-2017, 02:33 PM
Maybe they are in the testing and polishing phase? They had plenty of time to further develop the latest IGE, so I am not worried at all.

Im sure news will come out shortly regarding the IGE, because they were talking about videos and interviews in other threads, and if they want the community to get pumped for it, they have no choice but to start releasing info.

Im sure itll be amazing...

Viragoxv535
11-21-2017, 12:33 AM
Yeah, they're probably doing the video editing by now :)

akilyoung
11-21-2017, 12:59 AM
Wouldnt be surprised!

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
11-21-2017, 10:10 AM
I doubt we're going to get anything. I hate to come across so negative, but I'm pretty sure we're just in for a re-hash of the same ol same ol, and won't find out about it until the game ships. Doubt we'll get any info or trailers beforehand. The pattern is set, and the way they've treated the editor in the past is hard to ignore. I'm not angry, I'm just trying to be realistic, so that we don't get our hopes up and then feel crushed when they fail to become a reality.

akilyoung
11-21-2017, 03:16 PM

Mathias338
11-25-2017, 04:17 PM
We haven't forgotten the Map Builders / Map Players fans, don't worry!

It's just taking us a bit more time than anticipated to communicate all the new available options in FC5.

Farcryisdead
11-25-2017, 07:01 PM

It's just taking us a bit more time than anticipated to communicate all the new available options in FC5.

usmovers_02
11-25-2017, 09:45 PM
I hate to say it but due to Ubisofts extremely poor history with map makers I have very little faith that this will be handled well. Can't tell you how much I hope I'm wrong.

Steve64b
11-25-2017, 10:07 PM
Well this time it does seem the Community Managers are stepping in more and they seem aware that this is a highly anticipated feature. So who knows, perhaps there's the benefit of the doubt? :)

akilyoung
11-26-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree with Steve64, there has been more interaction with the ComMans/Devs this go around. Genuine interest in our opinions and actual interactions and discussions.

I have high hopes we will all be pleased with whatever they are doing for us! (fingers crossed of course)

GhostWind905
11-26-2017, 04:29 PM
I would honestly rather they take their time to make sure the finished product works well than to rush it through and have it not fully complete at launch. I wouldn't worry too much about a lack of info. They seem to like to wait for a while and then release a lot of info all at once.

FawSkills
11-26-2017, 08:41 PM
I just pray to god that people aren't able to download and then just re-upload someone elses map like we can do in FC4.

Downloading and editing other maps are fine (imo), but uploading them as your own, is really absurd. :mad:

I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm tired of seeing 500 copies of 1 map in the map browser on FC4, I don't want the same thing to happen on FC5, I believe some people stay away from sharing their maps too because of this reason. :(

Fallen-Champ
11-26-2017, 09:04 PM
I just pray to god that people aren't able to download and then just re-upload someone elses map like we can do in FC4.
It might have helped a tiny bit if the original map creators name was on the map when the name showed up just before starting, that data was hidden in More Info and if you didn't check you wouldn't know someone else had made it.

At least then if some kid said I made this map they would look an idiot because it would say the original creators name.

AlexoEx0
11-27-2017, 07:44 AM
I see a a lot of skeptacism in this thread and it is not without good reason. I too think that if FC5 was going to be the package that will deliver us even greater heights that what was experienced in FC2 then it would be announced by now, and a great deal would go into illustrating it's capability. It would be advertised a great deal and fleshed out in a way that we don't only know what we are getting but are getting proof how great it's going to be.

Perhaps I am just jumping the gun here but the more time moves along and the closer we get to release date the more skeptical I am that there is going to be pivatol failures in the delivery of the map editor. I am glag we got a ubisoft reply but as times go by and no solid word is given, I don't think that FC5 will be able to deliver the list we all want in FC5.

-8v8 symetrical multiplayer
-Vehicles
-Custom lobbies with map playlists and voting mechanics

AlexoEx0
11-27-2017, 07:46 AM
"Downloading and editing other maps are fine (imo), but uploading them as your own, is really absurd. https://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/mad.png"

If the map is good enough then the original should be the one that becomes the most downloaded/highest rated and shouldn't be taken off its pedastal and shouldn't be toppled/buried by endless re-uploads and re-edits.

akilyoung
11-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Guys, the commdevs were clear, we will get info soon, but itll be scheduled on EVENT days....they said to wait until the next even for more info...theres a PS Experience event coming up they said, and info would be released then, so I stop asking for it right now, they essentially gave us a schedule of the release of more info!

(Im not trying to sound like a jerk but they were pretty clear about that)

usmovers_02
11-28-2017, 07:22 AM
They have not told us when we'll get ME or MP info, they've only given general information about when something might get shown off. They have a history of misleading us and so far history has been repeating itself with this game as well.

DapperHayden007
11-28-2017, 02:48 PM
I don't understand this at all. Ubisoft have literally shown us 1 area of the game (not even the full world, just 1 small area) and you guys are saying it's just the MP and editor being held back?

Most people complained with all the Trailers for FC3 as it gave too much away, so Ubisoft are quite simply, holding back on every part of the game until closer to release.

If they didn't care for the editor, why would they start up Map Jams and even announce the editor at the beginning (Something they have never done before)

They've even confirmed some news already (which people complained about!)
For me, I honestly don't care if they don't spend too much marketing the IGE, I care more if they spend a lot CREATING the new IGE, you know, so it's much more improved from it's predecessors.

akilyoung
11-28-2017, 02:58 PM
They have not told us when we'll get ME or MP info, they've only given general information about when something might get shown off. They have a history of misleading us and so far history has been repeating itself with this game as well.

I never said implicitly that they will give THAT info out, just that MORE info was coming at the PS Experience, which is a little over a week away.

They did however imply that they might give info about the IGE and/or MP due to the thread that that comment was made in...so ya, I wouldnt be surprised if SOME info regarding either of those topics was released.

History hasnt really been repeating itself imo, they have taken,, what, twice the time to build this game? That means there is likely significant improvements made to EVERY aspect of the game, from the graphics, to the SP, MP, COOP, IGE, etc...

Bear in mind this game is still a WIP, things are likely subject to change STILL, and they cant release info if that system isnt gold.

Lets just wait and see what the 9th and 10th of Dec brings???

Viragoxv535
11-28-2017, 09:29 PM
I don't understand this at all. Ubisoft have literally shown us 1 area of the game (not even the full world, just 1 small area) and you guys are saying it's just the MP and editor being held back?

I'm mostly interested on the single-player mode and even though what's been shown to us it's not much it still gave us a good first look on (some of) the new features. It's about time for the MP guys to have their cake too.

AlexoEx0
11-29-2017, 02:58 AM
"Most people complained with all the Trailers for FC3 as it gave too much away, so Ubisoft are quite simply, holding back on every part of the game until closer to release."

I've done some digging and if gameplay trailers are anything to gauge release timings for similar trailers for FC5 then lets look at what the schedule was for FC2.

Far Cry 2 came out October 21st 2008 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry_2

The trailer for the map editor according to the Ubisodt upload playlist was first presented in August 27th 2008, in the form of a on-stage demo shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qE4ko0DfaU

We also got a map editor interview with IGN on the same date - August 27th 2008 shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lnG4WhXMtE

There was also a "speed mapping" video uploaded on September 22nd 2008, a month before the games release shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt_Up8ZPB5w

And there was finally a "Crazy Maps" video uploaded by ubisoft just a few days before lauch oft he game on October 17th 2008. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyMbnXPk6MY

To say anything on this, is that if they were as excited to show us the map editor this time around as they were for FC2 we can tell that the map editor would at least be shown in some form, considering the many months gap between the first tech demo/interview and the games release. But we can also see that a great deal of content in terms of the map editor for FC2 and for the game overall is that the main bulk of the trailers landed within a week or two of the game being launched which isn't that satisfying for us dedicated fans urging to find out some confirmations on what is actually going on for the map editor and its place in PvP.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
11-29-2017, 05:21 AM
The fact that there has been lot more interaction between the Devs and Community this time around is a great point! I want to make it clear that I'm not doubting the Devs. I mean at the end of the day, them passing out info to us about a map editor that we will inevitably get anyway is not that big a deal, and as someone who just won one of the categories of the recent map jam, I am super appreciative of the Devs and all the work that is going into the editor, nevertheless whether or not they share any of it with us before release. I'm just saying that when it comes to AAA releases, there's never a way to please everyone, so it's better to be prepared for a realistic outcome rather then setting yourself up with expectations that may not be in line with the developer agenda- doesn't mean either parties are in the wrong, it just life ya feel?

Fallen-Champ
11-29-2017, 08:20 AM
I've done some digging and if gameplay trailers are anything to gauge release timings for similar trailers for FC5 then lets look at what the schedule was for FC2.

There was also this Multiplayer video from Sept 23rd 2008 I believe it was the only one at the time which showcased the PvP before the games launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ6aXU0Ci3A

Steve64b
11-29-2017, 10:32 AM
It'd kinda make sense to only showcase the Editor just before the game's release when either the game or the editor isn't done being developed yet. So any promo footage made before that would be incomplete or obsolete. Perhaps they're even running into some issues with it and aren't sure which features will make the final cut. Stuff like that needs to be clear first before 'marketing' can begin.

Having said that, it'd be worrying if so close to the release they were having issues or uncertainty with it. Even if it builds upon the editor we had in FC4, some features would definetly be in already, unless the engine upgrade came at a cost to the Map Editor.

Farcryisdead
11-29-2017, 10:40 AM
Regardless of how it turns out, i will still be purchasing fc5 even if it's missing a fc2 style lobby system. i love map making too much to just walk away. i will just work with the tools im given.

Steve64b
11-29-2017, 11:33 AM
I'm a bit worried that I won't like the objects as much as FC4. They might be too similar, 'western' to my liking. But that may be a pet peeve for any editor, I believe people prefer the FC3 assets over FC4 too. And some FC2 assets before that! :)

We'll see. Hopefully sooner than later though! :D

akilyoung
11-29-2017, 02:55 PM
TBH I am looking FORWARD to the assets that we might get, assuming we get some gritty/western style assets (based on where the game is located) I might be able to make a spin off of my old FC3 map Red Dead Mines (that was on PC)

Aside from that, as always a variety would be nice. FC2 had a variety back then ranging from the old mud huts to concrete fortresses, so it would be nice to have a wide spectrum of stuff to make different styles of maps...

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
11-29-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm looking forward to this pallette more then any previous Farcry pallette. Modern American architecture will allow me to remake a lot of areas I live by and stuff, which is something I've always wanted to do but had trouble in previous titles considering I don't live on top of a mountain or on a foreign island. The simplicity and 'regularness' of Farcry 5 is something I'm really digging. I live in the LA area, so I always get a kick out of a trip to the country

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
11-29-2017, 08:05 PM
country side, I should say. LA as in Los Angeles

Alpha_sgt_14
11-30-2017, 02:53 AM
This map editor news has me all messed up. I have all these plans guys its not even funny. ;)

Farcryisdead
12-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Will the one month delay mean a longer wait for map editor news?

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
12-11-2017, 08:30 PM
Most likely. I wonder if the push is authentic or if they're rethinking a possible loot crate system after the backlash towards Battlefront 2

Ubi-Salvenius
12-12-2017, 11:52 AM
Most likely. I wonder if the push is authentic or if they're rethinking a possible loot crate system after the backlash towards Battlefront 2

There won’t be a loot box system in Far Cry 5 and this is not the reason for the delay. At this stage in the game’s development, the team is focused on fine-tuning versus any major additions or changes to the core game.

Will the one month delay mean a longer wait for map editor news?

Hopefully not but we'll have to see.

truesurv1val
12-12-2017, 05:21 PM
Good to hear about the lootboxes.

As mapper you need to have patience, so will see the news when it comes.

But really dont get it why ubisoft just focusses with the marketing on single player. Multiplayer / coop and the editor are just as important to most farcry fans as single player.

Of course there are plenty of people just buying fc for the sp. But those consumers buy anything anyways. and You dont see Activision just show off the multiplayer of CoD before release. Because many players focusses on that.

Ofcourse you cant argue with ubisoft marketing strategie, coz it worked well in the past. The farcry games sold pretty well. But why sell your game short, its so much more then SP.

legacyzero
12-13-2017, 12:54 AM

Im ALLLLL about year about new options :D