PDA

View Full Version : Ubi, please do not repeat Centurion mistake once again.

Herbstlicht
11-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Next week soon all will be able to play with the new characters. Centurion was rather successful in scaring off a lot of players and getting in a massive load of negativity throughout streamers Reddit and the Forums.

Shaman already is way stronger than Centurion ever was. Not as ugly to play against but completely overtuned. So even if you dislike touching her kit, at least go for some serious reconsideration when it comes to the numbers. There are countless suggestions on how to fix and on how to hotfix her.

Dunno what might happen if you repeat this old mistake once again. Guess whatever trust and hope left in the community might shatter once and for all.

Because we are just simple minded players that just might know the luxury of swift and nice balancing from other titles, giving ourselves to the illusion you might be able to do the same.
But maybe it's just me and everyone else is completely fine.

CandleInTheDark
11-19-2017, 09:05 PM
I think that is the advantage of her kit, it is better designed than the centurion's and should be easier to dial down. Centurion they could either fix quickly in 1v1 or 4v4 but it would break him in the other. There are things that need changing with the Shaman and if people make clear what and why (rather than emoting or coming up with one liners to look cool online :rolleyes:) they should be able to change things a lot quicker than they did with the centurion.

I may have been one of the people defending the kit as a whole and this is only because I know reworks are coming or I would be on the other side of things in that you can't give one character options and no others, but yeah I have never said things like tracking (next patch) and the distance she has on some things don't need changing, I would just rather after an initial rebalance they worked on pushing out the reworks.

Herbstlicht
11-19-2017, 09:24 PM
Dunno if you remember, but I too am in favor of keeping her kit. It's just numbers in combination with her extreme speed that push her way over the top. When it comes to suggestions, there have already been plenty. Same as explanations on how insanely overtuned her numbers in combination with her kit are. Easiest here to understand is health in combination with her heal. Depending on how a fight goes, even lawbro might get jealous. Though she is a simple assassin and with her offensive numbers and speed, should more be a glass cannon than a regenerating future high tech all purpose weapon without a weakness.

Anyway, I just don't want the game to bleed even more. But I can only try to tell those guys at Ubi what I am thinking and can't do a thing myself. So we'll see what they are going to do.

CandleInTheDark
11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
Dunno if you remember, but I too am in favor of keeping her kit. It's just numbers in combination with her extreme speed that push her way over the top. When it comes to suggestions, there have already been plenty. Same as explanations on how insanely overtuned her numbers in combination with her kit are. Easiest here to understand is health in combination with her heal. Depending on how a fight goes, even lawbro might get jealous. Though she is a simple assassin and with her offensive numbers and speed, should more be a glass cannon than a regenerating future high tech all purpose weapon without a weakness.

Anyway, I just don't want the game to bleed even more. But I can only try to tell those guys at Ubi what I am thinking and can't do a thing myself. So we'll see what they are going to do.

Oh yes definitely agreed there, I have just been dealing with more arguments that sound a lot like the just delete her arguments I had with my own OG main lol. As I said to another, she could probably use losing half a bar to a bar, any more though and they have less room to deal with predator's mercy in terms of damage or how easy or difficult it is to hit. I do believe that she needs a rebalance but as Eric said on reddit, people providing thought out posts with this is what is wrong, this is why, this is how I would fix it is a lot more help than make this stop, just your last post is likely more helpful to them if reps pass everything on than most of the threads since last tuesday in all honesty.

Knight_Raime
11-20-2017, 12:38 AM
While I see your point i'm not entirely sure how comfortable I am with them rushing to send out a hotfix to adjust the numbers. They did that with shins kick and it it was considered garbage for a decent bit.