PDA

View Full Version : Another Phytake Quest Bug

DynaRider
11-19-2017, 05:50 PM
PS4. I'm at level 40 and only two quests left one of which is the Phytake Prey. For a long time it has shown 7 out of 10 killed and I cannot find any more to take down. I've tried the "reset" option several times but it doesn't work. The screen goes black and does a reboot type of thing but it keeps showing 7/10. I've restarted the game and that doesn't work either. How can I complete the quest?

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Have you looked for them all over the map? Zoom into the map while searching for them.

DynaRider
11-19-2017, 06:50 PM
I've scoured the map end to end and I don't see anything indicating the presence of Phytakes. Are there specific icons to look for?

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 07:00 PM
It'll be a red icon with horns. They keep travelling all over the map.

DynaRider
11-19-2017, 07:11 PM
It'll be a red icon with horns. They keep travelling all over the map.

Thanks Clive. I haven't seen any of that icon but I'll keep looking.

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 07:35 PM
No problem DynaRider.

Cause, I don't think there are any bugs for the Phylake's missing.

Unless, you killed any of them with AYA.

I pulled this off Eurogamer:

Name Location Level Loot
The Outsider Alexandria 20 Golden Wolf (regular sword)
Ptolemy's Fist Sap-Meh Nome 22 Copper Mace
The Iron Ram Ineb-Hedjet Nome 25 Smoke and Mirrors (predator bow)
The Stranger Memphis 28 Ornamented key, Sarissa (sickle sword)
Ra's Mercy Faiyum 30 Storm Blades (dual swords)
The Hill Faiyum Oasis 32 Ornamented key, Headsplitter (heavy blade)
Bane of Hathor Atef-Petu Nome 35 Deathstorm (hunter bow)
Half Horn Im-Kent Nome 38 Ornamented key, Composite Bow (light bow)
The Iron Bull Giza, Isolated Desert 40 Djoser's Pride (shield)
The Galatian Isolated Desert 40 Ornamented key, The Fourth Plague (warrior bow)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-17-assassins-creed-origins-phylakes-prey-mysterious-letter-black-hood-outfit-phylakes-locations-4849

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 08:26 PM
I just read on another thread for another workaround.

1. Track the Phylake Prey quest
2. Reset quest objective
3. Stop tracking
4. Track again

If it still does not popup, try the above steps again

DynaRider
11-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Thanks once again Clive. I just arrived to post that I had found the eurogamer page. I did manage to find one more Phytake and will look closely for the last two. Playing on a 4K television is a bit difficult since everything is pretty small and a lot of things tend to blend into the terrain colors. I may try your suggestion for a reset if I remain stuck.

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 08:54 PM
Thanks once again Clive. I just arrived to post that I had found the eurogamer page. I did manage to find one more Phytake and will look closely for the last two. Playing on a 4K television is a bit difficult since everything is pretty small and a lot of things tend to blend into the terrain colors. I may try your suggestion for a reset if I remain stuck.

Oh great. So atleast you know it is not bugged for you.

Your 4K TV is the culprit :D

DynaRider
11-20-2017, 04:26 AM
Thanks to your information I eventually completed the Phytake Prey quest. Took a lot of looking and a a bit of luck but I got them all and the keys.

CliveVLewis
11-20-2017, 12:52 PM
Thanks to your information I eventually completed the Phytake Prey quest. Took a lot of looking and a a bit of luck but I got them all and the keys.

Anytime DynaRider :D

The searching and clearing of Phylake's is totally worth the wait cause of the outfit right?

HumungousMilk5
02-08-2018, 03:29 AM
[QUOTE=CliveVLewis;13113749]No problem DynaRider.

Cause, I don't think there are any bugs for the Phylake's missing.

Unless, you killed any of them with Aya

What do you mean by this ? None of the below options worked for me, Iíve tried everything