PDA

View Full Version : Is cheating possible on console?

GMG Peter
11-18-2017, 11:45 PM
I am playing for honor on XB1 and after today's few tournaments i was just wondering...

Is it possible to cheat on consoles in online multiplayer game like For honor is?

I was fighting multiple players in tournaments today and yes some of them were just good, like the one with over 100reps total (i have "only" 28) we had a good fight and he won 3-2 👏🏼
But there were few others with no rep at all or max rep 1-2 who were fighting (defending) like gods. A guy who only took chip damage from me for 3 rounds in a row, punishing everything with gb-heavy. Note that i had my second favourite char kensei and my feint game is pretty good, i couldnt land a hit, even such when i did anticipate other one's attack and atacked him first on purpose, he still did block it somehow.

Point is that even 100 rep guy, while it was clear that his skill in the game was (much) better than mine, took some hits and if i was on edge with my concentration i was able too keep up.
I see no way how someone with few hours into the game could block everything i throw at him after my almost 300 hours.

I am not butthurt of losing, that is just part of what for honor is lol. But as the title says: I am wondering if cheating is possible on xbox and if you had a similar experience too.

AkenoKobayashi
11-18-2017, 11:59 PM
I have never played duel tournaments yet. However, I'm sure there are people who cheat on consoles (you should see old CoD lobbies) but I personally have never experienced cheating players on For Honor. I've been Force dragged off a cliff recently by a RaidBot after he Stampede Charged me, but never player based cheating. I did see a one-hit Warden back when that was a thing.

UbiInsulin
11-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Cheating on consoles is possible if there are exploits to be used in the game. In general, hacking a game - i.e. making actual changes to the game itself - is much more difficult on consoles. I would never say "never," though.

In this case, there may be a chance that quite skilled players picked up another copy of the game, which would allow them to smurf for a little while. But it's hard to say without knowing all the details of the situation.

For any suspicious behavior, I'd recommend recording a video clip on your Xbox and sending it to the support team in a cheater report. Open a ticket at https://support.ubi.com and link to your video (https://xboxclips.com/) to do so. Our technical support team will investigate any reports they see.

Jarl.Felix
11-19-2017, 01:04 AM
There is a "certain" site that sells undetectable cheats for FH =))

Just pray not many will find that source of hacks.

Sneaky-Patches
11-19-2017, 03:57 AM
I think it would be very very rare to find a cheater on console. Not saying never, but I think there are far more probable alternatives.

It could be experienced players “smurfing” by creating another free account, and just playing as a rep 0 just to mess with people or to get matched with noobs on free weekends, I have seen teams of 4 do this.

Most likely though, I think it would be a PC player that has decided to move to console because of the population. I played on PC at the start and moved to console because the population was too bad on PC to find a game of dominion, and I noticed at least 3 other players with the same name as their PC name, and messaged them to say hi, and asked if they moved for the population on console, which they did.

Helnekromancer
11-19-2017, 04:17 AM
Yea there are cheaters on console, and you will find most of them in tournament duel. I stopped playing tournament mode because there are too many lag switchers in there. People who have a switch on their controller to give themselves poor connection to that hits you land don't register.

I killed a guy and was in mid execution animation and he reverted the dmg back and shoulder bash two lights and killed me. I just wanted a cool ornament for my Nobushi but with random rewards and unsportsmanlike experience i gave up on it.

HunterMiIIer
10-04-2018, 12:17 PM
switch on the controller? what like taped on? or maybe they hold the lag switch in the other hand!! wait the router would be where the switch would be. so maybe they have wires going from the switch to the modem and now where? if i was experiencing lag its probably the connection. this is the internet, the only place where lag is sadly common. they're doubtfully people lag switching. thats old **** out dated hacking if your using tape and a homemade switch. i have good internet a good router, and a good idea of my surroundings. you should as well. adios

SuguruMisato
10-04-2018, 07:20 PM
You have to see the plague on PC... The number of lagswitchers here is so damn high...

Kliftheone
10-05-2018, 10:52 AM
If you play ranked a lot you`ll encounter a bunch of them, I have over the past few weeks alone recorded 8 different clear lag switchers. Several reasons I know by fact that they are lag switching is when their connection is stable at 20-50 ping in the first two rounds and then they get spikes up in the many hundreds while you find yourself dead and they spam sorry x3 and their connection is fine again until next rounds start and you initiate. It is sad but there are quite a lot of lag switchers on PS4. Have not encountered many in 4v4, I in general just assume it is lag or laggy players in dom. the few I`ve seen which have been Clare I have reported.

Syn.ASUR
10-05-2018, 03:03 PM
i feel you bruh,

i played against the similar person, he used a parry and gb bot for sure, xyz player parried everthing even lights, heavies, ganks nothing. He alone annilated whole team. He had no skills just spammed one chain for damage. but blocked everthing even when their were 100ms windows and some one other did gb in the window he would counter it like he knew. I reported that guy to support, never seen that guy since.

their are bots and hacks even lag switchers if you feel anyone is playing at an unfair advantage go for it, report that person, if possible upload a video or screen shot

UbiInsulin
10-05-2018, 06:27 PM
I'm not sure this thread needed to be necro'd (last post was in 2017). Closed.