PDA

View Full Version : For P-40 Fans

UberDemon
07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Greetings,

Just bought the latest "Flight Journal - Special Issue: P-40 Warhawk". The entire magazine is dedicated to the famed P-40. It has an excellent article written by Grumman test-pilot Corky Meyer who survived a stall/spin at 700ft on his first flight of a P-40N.

Interesting reading. Apparently before he "zoned out" he broke the seal between the two throttle levers and put the plane at WEP. It should have made the situation worse, but apparently it helped... anyway, he sort of pased out and "woke-up" flying level at 50ft...

Try a mission in UQMG ... I've tried and succeeded to crash every time, albeit with a P-40M. Pick default map, one plane; not ground objects needed; select custom takeoff for friend team, in Flight editor pick takeoff option 3 (Option 0 w/ Original Flight Flying Over Base) since Corky was on his approach until he decided to race a Hellcat, set altitude over base at 250m, set mission altitude at 300m. I choose mission type Defend Airbase, but without enemy stuff... Anyway, for those of you crack pilots maybe you can survive.

get UQMG at www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com)

Demon/UberDemon

UberDemon
07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Greetings,

Just bought the latest "Flight Journal - Special Issue: P-40 Warhawk". The entire magazine is dedicated to the famed P-40. It has an excellent article written by Grumman test-pilot Corky Meyer who survived a stall/spin at 700ft on his first flight of a P-40N.

Interesting reading. Apparently before he "zoned out" he broke the seal between the two throttle levers and put the plane at WEP. It should have made the situation worse, but apparently it helped... anyway, he sort of pased out and "woke-up" flying level at 50ft...

Try a mission in UQMG ... I've tried and succeeded to crash every time, albeit with a P-40M. Pick default map, one plane; not ground objects needed; select custom takeoff for friend team, in Flight editor pick takeoff option 3 (Option 0 w/ Original Flight Flying Over Base) since Corky was on his approach until he decided to race a Hellcat, set altitude over base at 250m, set mission altitude at 300m. I choose mission type Defend Airbase, but without enemy stuff... Anyway, for those of you crack pilots maybe you can survive.

get UQMG at www.uberdemon.com (http://www.uberdemon.com)

Demon/UberDemon