PDA

View Full Version : Be careful when playing the game!

AFDeathbourne
11-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Hey guys!

I want to warn anyone that owns ACO or is thinking of buying ACO. the game has multiple ways to corrupt your save game files, leaving your save game unusable. I lost a 9 hour save game due to a stupid bug corrupting my save game. I was at the mission Lady of Slaughter. You have to battle someone in an arena. I was killing the enemy until he got shoved outside of the arena, when I came close he could hit me but I could not hit him, so I decided to restart the game and see if that fixes the bug. I went back to the title screen, then closed the game and restarted it. after trying to load the game it went stuck on loading for 20 minutes. It did not even crash or something like that... I just restarted the game the way you should do it and it corrupted my 9 hour save file. after contacting the support they could not help me fix the save file. The only way to play the game is to start over with a new save.

If you have not yet bought the game. I would recommend to not buy it. There are just too many instances of people losing their save files. the game is not finished and needs a lot of updating before I can recommend anyone to buy the game.

I will stay away from ubisoft games given their recent released games being full of game breaking bugs. I hope people will do the same so that they learn to fix their games before they release it. I really enjoyed playing ACO but since the game files get corrupted so easy it's not worth playing for me given the chance of it happening again is quite large.

I hope you guys think twice before buying the game. or at least find some way to back-up your save files frequently

UnhappyLawbro
11-18-2017, 07:16 PM
damn that sounds scary. I'm near the end of the game, I don't want to lose my save.
I think this game, unlike AC:BF which also suffers from the problem of losing saves, does have cloud saving. But I think it's a good idea to back up saves by copying the game folder elsewhere on PC.

CliveVLewis
11-18-2017, 07:40 PM
I have completed all missions & locations of the game on PC & I have not had any issue of the save file being corrupted.

Keeping a backup of your save file is a wise idea to avoid such unfortunate events.

jpl216
11-19-2017, 03:36 AM
not sure if your on pc or not but this just happened to my 68 hours of ACO on xbox one tonight , save file is gone

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 11:52 AM
Yeah I'm on PC. And, about the save file issue. I read it somewhere on this forum that a lot of people have lost their save file as well.

Not sure what's the deal.

Just a headsup, Xbox has the option to backup save files as well.