PDA

View Full Version : assassin's can't be gb'd out of heavy attacks anymore ?

brainfrog.345
11-18-2017, 12:29 PM
i've been trying to do the usual feint heavy --> guardbreak move but it seems you can't land it on assassin's anymore. i eat their heavy every time.
so far i have noticed this with Orochi, Shaman and Gladiator.
Anyone else experiencing this or am i juist too slow with my guardbreak ?

Morpheus256
11-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Gladiator has pretty fast heavies. It was always impossible to GB him out of a heavy. Orochi and Shaman have slightly slower heavies so it should be possible IF you change the direction of your attack that you want to feint into a GB.

Attacks come out slower when you change your guard stance but when you stay on the same side their heavy comes out immediately and that might beat your GB. So, basically, when you feint a top attack into GB when orochi is already in his top stance his heavy will beat your GB because it comes out instantly. If he has to change his gurard it will be slightly delayed.

It can be lag as well tho I dunno.

Erhanninja
11-18-2017, 07:56 PM
I partied a shinobi zone 3 times today as nobushi. I couldn’t get a GB after Parry. I always did before. It was of range. Then I tried too heavy he blocked it. No idea what’s going on with this game anymore

Miadous
11-18-2017, 09:49 PM
Not just assassins that I've noticed not being able to feint them into a heavy then guard break, since this new season has started. I get hit by the opponents' heavy most of the time when I soft feint the unblockable shaman attack into a guard break. Aramusha never gets GB out of his heavy. Although, sometimes I've been a victim of a GB when I have already started a light attack with the Aramusha. Weird.

IesooMI
11-18-2017, 10:18 PM
The 3 characters it's specific to are Glad, Cent, and aramusha. Their heavy startups beat the frames on a feint GB. Everyone else it works on. My guess is it's either a connection / timesnap variable.

Miadous
11-19-2017, 07:33 AM
Haha so Aramusha heavy comes out too fast to be guard broken, but not fast enough to get a heavy off when he guard breaks someone? Seems fair.