PDA

View Full Version : Saved file deleted from Xbox One

NodeadVicky
11-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Hi,
I am using digital copy f the game (Delux Edition) and. This morning (Nov, 18, 2017) when I logged into my Xbox and launched ACO, all my save game slot showed "New Game". I have one slot using for playing ACO and was @level 40 and completed most to the location, tombs and many more. Now I got nothing. This is really frustrating. I don't have the patience to replay this mage as it tool so many days to reach where I was.
Please help me. I restarted my game and console like 100 times, still the same result. And I always play online. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thresh33
11-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Me too, when i logged today i have lost all my progress and all slots just say "new game".
I tried to delete the save, I thought the live would sync again, but it did not find anything in the cloud.
I'm waiting something from ubisoft to solve this

shaneybaby2016
11-18-2017, 08:04 PM
I am in the same situation as is a friend of mine . Fired up the XBox and opened AC origins , only have the option of starting a new game and everything I have done or aquired has gone into the ether !
Not best pleased about it as , like yourself, have over 40 hours in this so far .
Ubisofts site says where the save files are located but this is incorrect as the location does not exist on my XBox .
I have sent a report to them and have a support ticket number but do not hold out much hope in them restoring our games . I am wondering about getting a refund from Microsoft as mine was a digi download and the item is not fit for purpose , don't know where I would stand on this though .
If anyone gets any results please post here for the rest of us lost souls !

ICEC0UGAR
11-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Same here. Loaded the game today and have only the option for new game. Contacted xbox support, followed all their suggestions and nothing worked. They said contact Ubisoft and support said if I'd done everything xbox suggested, there was nothing else to do to recover the save file. Way too many lost hours in the game 😡

Black_Widow9
11-19-2017, 02:13 AM
Hello,

Are you using a standard Xbox?

Could you please take a look here and see if this helps any of you?
Xbox One cloud game saves: FAQ (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq)

Did any update or outage occur right before this happened?

Thanks

jpl216
11-19-2017, 03:09 AM
mine to ! happened today 70 plus hours gone xbox.com support did not do anything use full

jpl216
11-19-2017, 03:11 AM
i've been working with xbox reset my console, my username all that stuff but nothing worked i dont think i'll be restarting this game going to send it back to amazon and move on playing it again will result in a divorce

NodeadVicky
11-19-2017, 03:59 AM
As soon as It happened, I created new case with UbiSoft. Then I contacted Xbox support and I have tried deletion profile, resetting console, deleting local copy of save and getting save file from cloud. NOTHING worked. Help needed. Mine game is at version 1.0.4 and nothing new update till now.
I know patch 1.0.5 will be available from 20th Nov but currently no update on console.

shaneybaby2016
11-19-2017, 10:24 AM
Hi there I am using a standard XBox One and if all saves are in the cloud how do we get them back onto the box ? My friend uninstalled her game and reinstalled it and she still has no saves from this game . I am loathe to do the same in case anything may be needed on the original installation .

jpl216
11-19-2017, 02:17 PM
i really believe were all $creded , the file is gone you're going to have to start over , i have done most of the game , all the sync points , most of the camps, all the little things to build my rating up i was a level 40 plus since it only goes to 40 i was doing stuff for ability points , i really haven't focused on the campaign at all, as far as i can tell thats all gone

shaneybaby2016
11-19-2017, 08:14 PM
I should of said that I experienced no outage or any problems before when using the game apart from minor glitches that seem to be the norm at this time . Your link points to X Box support for saved files and nothing in there is of any use .
How do I go about getting the game refunded please as it was a digital download through Microsoft and feel that this is not worth wasting any more time over as Ubisoft do not seem to concerned about finding a fix for an obvious problem which makes the game unfit for purpose .

shaneybaby2016
11-20-2017, 08:34 PM
Anyone from Ubisoft wish to add anything constructive or is it just a token link from a moderator that we are supposed to accept and in time our threads move off the front page and are forgotten ?

Liamawesome
11-20-2017, 09:57 PM
I have been a massive AC fan for years and enjoy playing their games, im in love with origins and have spent about 80+ hours in the game and pretty much finished everything. I logged on today and my save is gone, I play on the Xbox and am deeply saddened that no one is reporting this. I speak for us all when I say we want a fix and we need it now!

shaneybaby2016
11-20-2017, 10:37 PM
if we can keep this at the top it may be looked into . I am complaining to every Ubisoft forum , social media I can find and encourage you all to do the same as they will do nothing I have found out except keep passing this onto somewhere else . KEEP COMPLAINING AS THIS GAME IS STILL A BLOODY BETA AND WE SHOULD ALL GET REFUNDED !

P0ck3tzz
11-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Woke up this morning (november 21st, 2017) With all my game data deleted. Played over 30 hours and experienced no problems until this. This also happened to me while playing dragon age inquistion.. Pretty annoying seeing as my profile still suggests my characters current level and percent of completion of origins is where it was, yet i cant even access that character anymore. At least there is proof there. Surely we will get some form of refund if this was not fixed. If not, its pretty troubling that you guys released a game where many of your consumers saved data has been deleted after 30 + hours of gameplay. Do you expect us to find the time to repeat all of that? Is your game re-playable like that? come on now. You need to do something to fix this issue. This is pretty significant flaw. And its happened over 2 of your games now.

I also don't understand how the ubisoft person posted a link for syncing game data, yet it doesn't actually tell you how to sync game data, it just tells you either how to delete it or information about cloud storage? Telling us that our xbox has cloud storage and that it should automatically sync isnt a fix at all ?

I experience no outage. The update i downloaded yesterday but went on to play like 4 - 5 more hours after it.

NodeadVicky
11-21-2017, 03:22 PM
I raised a case against this complain. This is what I got from their-side:

"Regarding your missing save issue, unfortunately if the already provided troubleshooting steps failed, we are unable to recover your save file entirely as recovering deleted or corrupted data is simply not possible.

You may instead return to Microsoft's support and request further assistance, should they be able to provide it, since the game was stored both in your own console and their own cloud storage, we are unable to access this. However should this also prove impossible for them to do, I'm afraid that you will have to begin a new save file."

So bottom-line is no matter what either replay the game or forget about it. This is not what i expected from one of the biggest game companies.

Keightley60
11-22-2017, 12:45 PM
I've just signed in to find my save file gone :mad:

CliveVLewis
11-22-2017, 12:54 PM
What is this Sorcery?

This is just awful. Did Microsoft release any update to the console? I'm just asking. Cause, a save file being deleted should not be happening from the game. Unless you manually do it.

Has anybody checked with Microsoft on this?

Keightley60
11-22-2017, 01:04 PM
I haven't had any update. I was online this morning and came off for a few hours.. came back on and the save has gone. I've done all the steps, re-synced the game and still no save file.

CliveVLewis
11-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Did you contact Microsoft support on this as well?

Keightley60
11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
not yet.

CliveVLewis
11-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Maybe you should give it a shot. there could be a bug from the XBOX system as well. I'm sure UBISOFT is also looking into it.

It'll help if Microsoft is notified as well.

Keightley60
11-22-2017, 01:27 PM
After reading the replies from the others, there doesn't seem like there is anything they can do. I've done all the steps that they'd tell me to do. The save is gone.. and after 50+ hours, there is no way i'm starting again. Knew buying a Ubisoft game digitally was a mistake.

evanbolin
11-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Just wondering, are you guys on a regular Xbox One, Xbox One S or Xbox One X?

Keightley60
11-23-2017, 12:56 AM
Xbox One X.

NodeadVicky
11-23-2017, 03:41 AM
Hi Guys,
It is now official as the save file, we are not getting it back. Ubisoft does not track our save files as Xbox guys are saying that game developer will help and game developer blaming the Microsoft. So both are passing ball to each other. No one wants to take the blame. But all fault is of game developer as they have dedicated serves for this and can track every "legitimate" gamer's progress and stats. This part is highly lacking in their design/policy.
BTW I am using original XBOX and a physical copy of the game. It does not matter what are you using, if save file is lost then nobody will help you.
I am totally disappointed and may replay this game likely in near future but I don't want to. All my trust with Ubisoft is gone now. I am a HUGE fan of AC series and have played almost every game twice (PC and console) but ACO is not easy to deal with as this such time taking game.

I am not sure what to say now. God help me.

Keightley60
11-23-2017, 10:14 AM
if their save system wasn't so bad it could have all been avoided. Why not allow us to save the game whenever we want and choose whatever slot we want?

RafaPauletto
11-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Hi, occurs the same here!! I Lost my saved game. I Downloaded my file from the cloud and nothing...uninstall and install the game again, but continue appears only New game. Please Ubisoft Help us in this issue!!!

Ubi-Keo
11-23-2017, 02:12 PM
I am sorry to hear that you have lost your save file for Assassin's Creed Origins.

This issue has been reported and is currently being investigated, however the team will need some further information to help with their investigation.

Can you all answer the following questions:

. What Xbox are you using? (Xbox One, Xbox One Slim, Xbox One X)
. Can you confirm the operating system version (https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/system-update-operating-system) on your console?
. Are you registered to the Xbox Insider Program and if so have you recently installed any updates for your console?
. Did you notice anything different when launching the game?
. Did you notice anything when you closed the game the last time you played?
. How much time elapsed since the last time you played the game?
. Did you encounter a crash the last time you played the game?
. What was the last quest you played in the game?
. What level was your character?
. What country are you from?

And if you can provide any other information that may help.

P0ck3tzz
11-23-2017, 03:33 PM
- Using the original Xbox one.
- My console has the latest xbox update.
- Not registered with xbox insiders program.
- Nothing different when launching the game.
- Closed the game the usual way (Quit game, back to main menu, then quit again back to normal xbox menu, turned off xbox normally)
- About 5 -7 hours
- There was no crash on the game, there was a slight freeze moment but long before i stopped. (heard people are getting this bug also)
- i do remember raiding a tomb under a pyramid in giza. But my character profile on YOUR UBISOFT INTERNAL LOG IN, Suggests my level etc.
- Level 21

This happened once with your other game dragon age inquisition. This has never happened in my 15 + years of gaming besides with your games unfortunately. i love the games you guys develop and this would be a serious shame.

Please attach in your response the clause that suggest's if the the game is bugged and breaks due to the developers selling a faulty product, then the consumer does not get a refund. Because i at-least want some return on my $100 lel
i mean i can burn the cash in my wallet too but why do that (feels the same)

Keightley60
11-23-2017, 08:50 PM
- I play on the Xbox One X
- Latest Xbox update.
- I am registered with Xbox insiders program.
- Game launched normal.
- I travelled to the docks, the game saved, i quit to main menu and turned off my Xbox.
- Around 2 -3 hours
- No.
- Playing with fire.
- 34/35
- England.

NodeadVicky
11-24-2017, 06:19 AM
Hi Ubisoft,
Here are the details:

-> Xbox One (original console)

. Can you confirm the operating system version on your console?
-> It is the latest one (as I am always online). I will update once I reach home as I am traveling now.

. Are you registered to the Xbox Insider Program and if so have you recently installed any updates for your console?
-> I am an insider too. In Beta circle. I have updated my console one day before, played the game and then close it. Next morning I again continued from last and completed few side quest and a part of main mission (where I killed crocodile lady), got "Archer of the month" achievement. Was going for the "BOOM" achievement. Then closed the game for 1 hour. Turned off the console. Then After an hour I connected again, launched the game, it displayed the sync screen and all my progress was lost.

-> Nothing, all was same. But as I lunched the game it showed "Bonus content unlocked" and other screens, same when you launch the game for the first time.

-> No, nothing. I closed the game as I do always. Go to title screen and then quit from home screen.

-> 2-3 hours

-> Nope

-> I killed the crocodile lady (The crocodile Jaws), in the Kerkesoucha Granary and then completed its location objectives too like killing the commander etc and loot chest. I mostly focus on side missions and I had 98+ or something missions in completed section. Completed Phylake boss battles too.

-> Max level 40 (and I leveled up quite more time after that to get 5-6 ability points). Last ability obtained was "Elite Ranger" (for achievement, which I unlocked that day).

-> India

Thanks,
NodeadVicky

Seikenwesker
11-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Hello,

First of all, I've played and loved every single AC, I've got more than 700 different games and played ... too much time (20 to 30 000 hours I guess) and I haven't experienced such a mess.

This morning, I've just discovered the first file from my ACO has been vanished with no reason but my second slot save is still here. The third one hasn't been played.
The first save slot was my wife's game party : more than 70 hours, almost everything done in the game excepted some missing locations and the last story mission and few side quests.

Please help me, and all of us, to recover our game save.
- I'm using a classic Xbox One.
- My operating system version seems to be : ed14af75.1cd5e54c.a6317970.f09b6502.01
- Not registered to any xbox program.
- Nothing different, same loading screens and time to load them.
- Nothing happened the last time I've closed the game, always closing each game to the same way to avoid any issue.
- Last game session was at 22h00/23h00 UTC+1 on 23/11/2017. So, 12/13 hours between the last session and now.
- No I haven't got any crash the last time I've played.
- My character was level 40+, circa 104 quests done, and almost explored every single location in the world map.
- I'm from France.

Please help us.

YanDaris
11-25-2017, 04:43 PM
O mesmo ocorreu comigo.
Tenho um personagem lv 40+ com full set lv 40 todos os elefantes de guerra derrotados e ambos os deuses derrotados e hoje quando fui abrir o meu jogo meu progresso n„o existia mais
Tentei abrir o jogo offline tentei abrir o jogo online e aparece somente a opÁ„o de novo jogo
Eu tinha apenas um slot de jogo no qual depositei todo o meu esforÁo
Tenho a vers„o gold do jogo e paguei R$300,00 pra que isso aconteÁa
Por favor deem um jeito nisso
Sou do Brasil

bates2491
11-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Same as you guys...lost all data...gutted....only 19hrs in!!

What Xbox are you using? (Xbox One, Xbox One Slim, Xbox One X)
Xbox One (original console)

No

Nothing, all was same.

No, nothing. Closed game just after I finished Scarab mission and it goes to cut seen with wife on the boat.

16hrs

Nope

Just finished Scarab mission

Level 22

England

sirihjowag
11-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Yup, happened to me too. Really ****ing sucks.

Xbox Oe

OS 10.0.16299.4037

Don't know

Nope.

Yes, my gf accidentally pulled the plug, so that's how it was shut down.

I immediately turned on the console again

No

It was some sort of snake-quest, egyptians trying to blame the greeks, and then freeing this stuttering guy who talked about the snake. But the last thing I did was getting onto a ship to loot them of iron.

25 or 26.

Sweden

Did everything Microsoft told me to do, and also everything Ubisoft told me to do to recover the saved data.

PhantomLimbFAP
11-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Only 36 hours in, but spent most of it exploring and crafting all upgrades. Lost power at my house for about two seconds yesterday and my save file has vanished. The better part of my holiday vacation days were spent grinding/levelling to be able to fight Sobek before the event ended... honestly will probably never play again if my data is gone at this point.

Xbox One X
No
No
I lost power in my home for about two seconds while playing the game.
Around 20 hours
I lost electricity, it flickered off and on.
The rotting mummies in Memphis
United States

Kjs1211
11-26-2017, 08:41 PM
. What Xbox are you using?
Xbox One
. Can you confirm the OS on your console?
No
No
No
80 hours
No
Not sure
United States

Keightley60
11-26-2017, 08:57 PM
Guys.. we aren't getting our saves back. This thread has been here for a while now and they really don't give a ****.

PhantomLimbFAP
11-26-2017, 09:48 PM
After spending hours with Xbox support this morning, they recommended I contact Ubisoft to see if the data could be retrieved from their servers. After waiting an hour and a half in the queue to chat with Ubi support, I was told:

"Sadly, we don't have any direct access to Xbox cloud saves. I'm truly sorry that you've had this frustrating experience. If anyone could have helped with recovering those saves it would have been Microsoft Support and from your description it sounds like you've already spoken with that team."

Refunds all around!

MurrE1310
11-27-2017, 02:35 AM
XBox One

Console: 10.0.16299.4037
Game: 1.0.5

No

Nope

Nope. I just waited until the gold triangle went away

4 hours

No

Not sure. I was doing random side quests in Alexandria

25 I think

United States

Bugkiller24
11-27-2017, 03:29 PM
I haven't had any update. I was online this morning and came off for a few hours.. came back on and the save has gone. I've done all the steps, re-synced the game and still no save file.
How do you sync it?

boristkt87
11-27-2017, 08:35 PM
JUEGO CONGELADO SE REINICIA LA CONSOLA Y BORRA EL ARCHIVO LVL38 40 HORAS ALA BASURA :mad:😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠
1. Xbox One
2. Versiůn del sistema operativo
3. Are you registered to the Xbox Insider Program and if so have you recently installed any updates for your console?
NO
4. Did you notice anything different when launching the game?
NO
EL JUEGO SE. CONGELO Y SE CERRO SOLO.
24 HRS
SI RL JUEGO SE CONGELO Y SE CERRO SOLO Y REINICIO LA CONSOLA
FAIYUM OASIS.. ENCONTRAR A LOS GLADIADORES DE SIWA.
Lvl 36 o 37
Mťxico

PPwack
11-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Ubisoft had no answers and didnt even offer any compensation, a few heelix credits or something. Jeez. contacted Microsoft no one can do anything!? i can see my save file in the console and in the cloud it exists! and even syncs together but just wont launch. I loved this game but feel sour towards it atmo. they both recommended starting a new game but WHAT IS THE POINT so my progress can just disappear again. sad time :(

Keightley60
11-28-2017, 05:54 AM
How do you sync it?

It should automatically sync when you load the game up. (you have to be online to do it)

BillyB52
11-28-2017, 05:13 PM
I tried to play today and my saved files are missing only New Game Slots. I just played it two days ago with all but two areas unexplored and all side quests, areas found and elephants beat. Over 80 hours of play will not load. I did see the saved file in my xbox one storage but I can not figure out how to sync it of get it to load. Thanks Ubisoft and Microsoft for screwing up things and give BS replies on how to fix or : Sorry start a new game!"

Sloppydj
11-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Same story here, turned on my Xbox One yesterday aaaand save game gone, 20 hours out the window, so unfortunatly doesn't seem that rare.

DesertTech338
11-28-2017, 08:23 PM
>What Xbox are you using? (Xbox One, Xbox One Slim, Xbox One X)

I'm using the Xbox One

>Can you confirm the operating system version on your console?

Not sure about the exact numbering, but it's definitely the latest one since I'm always signed into Xbox Live.

>Are you registered to the Xbox Insider Program and if so have you recently installed any updates for your console?

No i'm not registered, but I think I've downloaded the latest console version around a week ago.

>Did you notice anything different when launching the game?

No I did not.

> Did you notice anything when you closed the game the last time you played?

No I did not.

>How much time elapsed since the last time you played the game?

72 hours.

>Did you encounter a crash the last time you played the game?

Not the last time, but I did encounter a crash around 1.5 weeks ago, but nothing happened after I successfully rebooted the game.

>What was the last quest you played in the game?

I was on hold doing the Crocodile quest, forgot the exact name of it, but I was exploring meanwhile and just killed a Phylake.

>What level was your character?

30, with 60 percent legendary equipment, almost all equipment levels maxed out(bow, melee damage, health, assassin blade damage). If I can't recover this, I'd probably want a full or partial refund because I'm not going to invest all that time back into the game - especially if this could happen again.

>What country are you from?
(What?)

Canada.

NightCryo_2017
11-28-2017, 10:26 PM
XBox One

No

No

No

4 hours
Yes

Just finished a Reda Quest

Colombia

NodeadVicky
11-29-2017, 06:00 AM
Guys,
It is pointless to to even wait for any resolution from Ubisoft as they totally shake off their hands from this. I suggest to move on and stop hoping for any good outcome. Try to play another game or replay this one (if you got patience). But one thing make sure that there is no guarantee if your save file will retain in future. I opened a support case regarding this and they simply said they can't do anything and closed my case. So this is official, forget about your save file and better concentrate on other games. I moved on to Shadow of War as I have lot to cover there and it is awesome game. I was playing it and then I stopped to play ACO. Total bummer.. But one thing is for sure, from now on I will think 100 times before buying another Ubisoft game. This hurts man... Seriously. :confused::mad::confused::mad:

Clowndoll11
11-30-2017, 08:05 AM
Same thing here. Saved file just disappeared just now. Not holding hope of an answer as itís been a week worth of complaints here and no reply from those who are supposed to help.

lusifer111
11-30-2017, 01:37 PM
This is the second time i lose my save. The first time was when i finished the story and i tried to enjoy the side quests that left for me. And the second time was when i reached level 20 and i was in the middle of the story and i lost everything again. Now, i logged in to see my file deleted again. What the hell is going on??? I accepted it once, but not twice?? Srsly i want my first save back!!!

CliveVLewis
11-30-2017, 01:52 PM
I'm not entirely sure if the below thread applies to XBOX as well. But, I'll link it anyway. It maybe useful

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1793508-Save-game-lost?p=13142717&highlight=Compromised#post13142717

Insurmountablez
12-01-2017, 01:01 AM
My data won't load at all. If we have to do it manually sure but if not, why the #@$^ did you guys produce a game that doesnt run properly. Fix that **** man. Guys are be looking as bad as EA with their lawsuits on games of chance with battlefront. :mad:

JACK10101
12-01-2017, 05:04 AM
Original Xbox one.
My console has the latest xbox update.
Not registered with xbox insiders program. Nothing different when launching the game.
Game was normal when I launched it.
Nothing abnormal when I closed the game
Around 2-3 hours from when I last played the game.
No crashes or freezes or anything, the game ran normally with the usual bugs
Canít remember the name of it, it was a side quest.
Level 40 Character
New Zealand

I even have another save in which my character is level 13 and that didnít disappear.

Please fix this issue as I will not be playing through the game on a new save again and I will certainly not be purchasing any future dlc. I canít even return the game because I bought it digitally.

DesertTech338
12-01-2017, 06:25 AM
It's crazy how the only option Ubisoft gives us is to start a new game.

Why? Where's the guarantee that the exact same thing won't happen again? Really? If Ubisoft had been more open to addressing this issue, then maybe I would be more open to believing them. But the fact that this has been persisting for others beyond a week, with no official recognition from Ubisoft - means they're trying to sweep this issue under the rug.

Which means there is no fix, which ultimately means there is absolutely no reason to believe that this won't happen again.

So Ubisoft, or any Ubisoft Mod, please kindly tell me why I should start a new game? I'd respect you more if you just told me straight up that I need to throw the game in the garbage.

DragonDark115
12-01-2017, 10:26 AM
XBox One

No

No

No

2 days

No

Solved a papyrus puzzle

USA

It seems I am NOT the only one with this strange problem.

venom2604
12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Just to let everyone know that Ubisoft can't and won't do anything to get your save back all they are doing now is gathering information to stop it in the future but they're not going to help people who have already lost everything so I wouldn't get your hopes up. The only thing you can do is restart the game from the beginning.

FearTheMittens
12-01-2017, 09:30 PM
There isn't a way they can get the saves back. They screwed up. But what they can do is give me a credit for something else as compensation for hosing my experience.

assman2474
12-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Lost my saves 40hrs in. Selling my Xbox one x and never buying a Ubisoft game again. ****ing ****s.

GeoDk10
12-03-2017, 01:19 AM
I played all the most ubisoft games of ASSASSINS CREED, and since none of them has been falling me, none of them have deleted files data or anything and others things. everything work perfectly fine until yesterday when i like play and continue playing, i had almos all of set of the game, armors, weapons, skills etc and almost finish the game when because your fault I LOST ALL! :mad: 😠 SO How do you want it to be believe you UBISOFT. Me and all Gamers to be faithful to you if you deleted and crash the file save data games. I want to know if we are going to compensate or not, if not i want it play none games of yours anymore 😢

Furtdog
12-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Lost 30 hours of play on my Xbox as well today. Not sure why I expect Ubisoft games to work....

ALMIGHTYAMUN
12-04-2017, 01:50 AM
On Xbox 1S game has completed deleted twice I'm pissed I've made so much progress with over 75hrs played. Plz fix I love the game and this is so frustrating.

DiddyMSU27
12-04-2017, 04:55 AM
Im in the same situation as everyone else. I was playing AC Origins and my xbox one x crashed and rebooted the system. When i came back online, my AC Origins save was gone. It says New Game on my file. I was level 30 doing one of the crocodile quests when it happened. I tried to delete the game and reload it, I also deleted the save file and re downloaded it from the cloud. What is interesting is that my save file i downloaded from the cloud is 108K, so it has some information in it. However when i load up the game, all 3 game slots just say new game. i am unable to continue my lvl 30 save file. i had roughly 30-40 hours of game time at this point in the game, want to continue but don't want to start from scratch.

>What Xbox are you using? (Xbox One, Xbox One Slim, Xbox One X)

I'm using the Xbox One X

>Can you confirm the operating system version on your console?

Not sure about the exact numbering, but it's definitely the latest one since I'm always signed into Xbox Live.

>Are you registered to the Xbox Insider Program and if so have you recently installed any updates for your console?
Not an insider

>Did you notice anything different when launching the game?

No I did not.

> Did you notice anything when you closed the game the last time you played?

Xbox one X shut off while playing the game

>How much time elapsed since the last time you played the game?

instantly. Was playing the game. it crashed, booted it back up and save file gone.

>Did you encounter a crash the last time you played the game?

yes

>What was the last quest you played in the game?

I was on doing the Crocodile quest, not sure the exact name.

>What level was your character?

>What country are you from?
(What?)

America

blakile38
12-05-2017, 03:18 PM
I havent encountered a problem but I am afraid to with this problem my save seems ok but still :(

Harme
12-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Hello everyone,

i would like to add a solution which worked for me.

I too had the issue of a deleted Save File from my first run to AC:O, i was having my Save File on Slot 1, after entering the Bathrooms for a Mission my Xbox One X got stuck and on the next restart my data was lost.

After i read about people with the same issue here i started a new Game on Slot 2.

The way i could fix my Save File:
I then booted up my Xbox One S and installed AC:O, once the game started i choose my Profile and the Cloud started to synch my Save File. I was then able to see my old Save File which was once lost on Slot 1 again, together with the new game Save File on Slot 2. All on my Xbox One S.

I then started my Xbox One X again, deleted the Save Files from the Game Hub on the Console (Do NOT delete your Save File from the Cloud), after starting AC:O on the Xbox One X and choosing my profile, it then started to synch the game again and my Save File on Slot 1 was back (which was not there after the game crashed before).

This way i was able to recover my Save File completely. I know that most people wont be having 2 Xbox One Consoles at home but as far as i understood is: The Save File on the Console is broken, which needs to be deleted and synch'd from the Cloud. Again, do NOT delete your Save File from the Cloud.

Good Luck Guys, i hope it will work you guys as well!

Atarav2016
12-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Hey Ubisoft

I play on a Xbox One (White)
No
No
No
No
That was the last Trial Of The Gods
Yes I was I the Middle of the Latest Trial of the God when the Xbox One Crashed
3rd Trial Of the Gods
Canada

Harme
12-05-2017, 11:53 PM
Try my solution. Delete the save file from your Xbox One Console (do NOT delete the file from the Cloud) and start the game again to synch your Save file.

josephv015
12-06-2017, 12:32 AM
I saw that there was mention of whether or not there was power outage in relation to lost saved data. That is exactly what happened to me. I was Level 29 almost 30 and then the power went out. I called it day and turned my Xbox One (Standard) back on, and it said New Game where my game was. I have saved data for the game totaling over 100 KB, but I am not sure if that is my data that I can't access or if it just data of my Achievements that I have earned and everything else is gone.

RndmAvngr777
12-06-2017, 05:04 AM
Same here, crash then save file lost. Not holding out too much hope here but Ill post my info anyway. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, file still gone. Get your **** together Ubisoft. If we cant get our game back we deserve equal compensation in game or a refund.

Can you all answer the following questions:

. Xbox One S

. No

. No

. No

. Around 24 hours

. Yes, game froze are reset the console.

. Assassination of the Scarab.

. 20

. United States

Game locked up crashed console. Upon reboot my save file is gone.

ir1x
12-06-2017, 08:19 AM
My game has completely disappeared!! Game was completed level 40 60+ hours where has it gone Ubisoft?
How do I get it back?
I have read a lot of comments from other gamers with same issue. What the hell is going on? Imagine if you have children & you wake up in the morning to find one gone!!!! How would you feel??
This is how we feel!!
So, please do something about this & Microsoft say itís your issue and for you to sort!
Please reply & not just ignore.
Thank you in advance

DiddyMSU27
12-07-2017, 06:07 AM
After reading the post from Harme, i attempted to do what he did. It did not work for me.

I have 2 xbox at home. My save file is not working on my Xbox One X. I have a save file that shows 108K, but when you select play, the 3 slots that appear all say new game. My original save file was on slot 1. i made a new game on slot 2, played a little bit, got to level 2 and into Siwa. then i loaded the game up on my launch xbox one from 2013. The file downloaded from the cloud and i see a game on slot 2, but still nothing on slot 1. I tried all kinds of combinations of saving and deleting the local file, always re downing the original save file from the cloud. At this point i have a level 2 save file on slots 2 and 3, with new game showing on slot one. I can see this on both of my Xbox, but no where can i see my original save on slot 1. I am scared if I make a game on slot 1, it will be permanently overwritten with no chance of recovery. Altho at this point I also feel like ill never see my lvl 30 save again.

i submitted a ticket to ubisoft on monday and haven't heard any reply, it is now thursday. It would be nice if the support staff would at least acknowledge this as a bug. It appears to be happing to enough people to warrant a response.

DragonDark115
12-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Harme 's solution worked for me. You delete the save file from the CONSOLE only and NOT from the delete everywhere.Then start up the game again.

Furtdog
12-07-2017, 02:13 PM
I tried the solution but it did not work for me. When I loaded up on a second Xbox that never had the game nothing showed other than the save file 2 I created for the test. Only error maybe in my way was that I uninstalled the game once prior to trying the step.

Could one of you describe how to delete the save file from the console only? I'm too dumb to find a way to uninstall it.

Furtdog
12-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Never mind. Figured it out and I'm just officially boned. I like how Ubisoft knows of this issue and hasn't resolved. That Ubisoft posters first question was "was there an outage"

Assasins creed should come with an expansion pack including battery backup for your console.

Moonheid1
12-07-2017, 07:38 PM
Saved game data lost. 2 weeks after this thread started. Ubisoft clearly not interested in fixing the issue. Shambles of customer service.

Lucias89456
12-08-2017, 01:59 AM
My save game data is gone. I have tried everything. Deleted the save game file and the resync didn't do a thing. I loaded it on my old xbox one hoping it would restore the save game but it didn't. So it isn't on my Xbox one x or my old xbox. I spent $100 for this game and was level 31. Im not starting all over again. This is the last Ubisoft game I will purchase mark my word. Your For Honor was a piece of garbage and still is. Now this game is screwed. I have played and solved every Assassin Creed until now. If only we could start a class action lawsuit against this scam of a company

fastplane006900
12-08-2017, 02:44 AM
Just lost everything!! I was in the middle of playing and my Xbox One X just shut off. I re-booted to no saved game. I was leveled up into mid-30ís.

Iím the biggest AC fan! But Ubisoft, you gotta give us some help. Or at least an acknowledgement and an update, please.

SteoDoyne
12-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Just lost my game. Had 50+ hours and was level 38.

Can't believe Ubisoft are letting something as serious as this go unanswered. Its scandalous. How they can be allowed to sell a game with a fault as big as this is beyond me.

They should be offering refunds to customers over something like this.

SteoDoyne
12-08-2017, 07:47 PM
Would also just like to add that this is the last Ubisoft game I will be buying.

I felt out of love with Assasain's Creed and this game really got me back into it. I was really really enjoying this game. It's beautiful.

But I won't stand for **** like this. I'm even more enraged that they're doing nothing to help people out.

That's me done with Ubisoft.

Sawseeboi10
12-08-2017, 08:06 PM
Why the hell has no one responded to this?? Honestly, after putting ridiculous amounts of hours into this game starting over really isnít an option. Someone better start figuring out how to fix it, or give us all our money back!

fastplane006900
12-09-2017, 07:41 AM
I donít even want a refund...I just want an explanation. Iíve pretty much resigned myself to having to start over. But wasnít the game incrementally saving my progress? Wasnít it saving to my Xbox?

I login to Ubisoft Club on my Xbox and it shows all my game stats (59+44 hours played; Level 37; 56% game completion).

Ubisoft, any explanation is acceptable. But silence is only exacerbating the situation.

ageofultan93
12-09-2017, 08:59 PM
I was playing than saved game turned it off to return the next day and it was gone, this was over two weeks ago and i thought it was a mistake that would've been rectified.
i was level32 and spent many hours on it and am fairly annoyed about the matter is there anything you can do ?

Harme
12-09-2017, 10:26 PM
Glad my solution worked for some of you guys, i feel really sorry for those people it didn't work for and i really hope Ubisoft is gonna fix this at it seems like that the save file is not completely lost. (Still in the Cloud but not showing / still able to see the current stats).

I for myself could restore my save file and am now keeping a 2nd Xbox alive to use that one as a back up with the current save file on it.

DogDude43606
12-11-2017, 01:04 AM
I can clearly see the save in my local storage and all my stats are on my uplay profile but upon starting the game I can only start a new game. If you can't restore my game at least give me some free resources or something to catch back up.
Xbox One
No
No
No
Around 8 hours
No
Shadya's rest
United States

ubi5wagmaster
12-11-2017, 03:01 AM
I'm on the verge of getting rid of xbox now. This isn't the first game this has done it on for me and fear it's not the last. My stats on the hub show but my file does not exist anywhere. 5 days 16 hours 38 minutes 98% crafting 7 arena champs completed level 40 all gone. Amongst all that are my weapons and loot in which I had over 30 legendaries, the special first civilisation armour etc. It's put me off starting again. I just want my save back....

UnbiddenMadWig
12-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Just logged in, save game gone, deleted local saves, didnít help, reset xbox, nothing!
Playing on a xbox one x scorpio.
What are you guys going to do Ubisoft??? Got 100 hours in, level 40, three bosses down..

blakeorr88
12-15-2017, 12:06 AM
While I appreciate your response, recommending that I start a new game is not an acceptable solution. If Ubisoft is unable to recover my game I would expect fair compensation. Either something in game so that I can easily catch up to where I was, or a refund for the game. I will also need some assurance that this would not happen again. Time is valuable, and I chose to spend an ample amount of mine playing the game I pruchased from you. I have enjoyed it, but this is a major malfunction which is certainly not my fault. I hope you will agree, treat the situation accordingly, and do right by your customers.

-Xbox one

Did you notice anything different when launching the game?

-The only difference was that two pop ups appeared on the bottom right of the screen notifying me that I have new Uplay rewards. I believe some crafting materials/1,000 drachmas. Did not do anything to earn/receive those to my knowledge. I imagine the loss of saved games has something to do with Uplay.

Did you notice anything when you closed the game the last time you played?

-No. All was normal.

How much time elapsed since the last time you played the game?

-1 to 2 days.

Did you encounter a crash the last time you played the game?

-No. I never experienced any issues prior to this.

What was the last quest you played in the game?

- too much time has elapsed. I believe the last thing I did was defeat the 2nd Phylakes assassin.

What level was your character?

- please fix this or compensate people accordingly. My save file is still on my Xbox. There has to be a way to get it fixed.

blakeorr88
12-15-2017, 02:38 AM
If your save file is not available in-game, there is no way to recover the data. There are a number of things that can cause this issue, and it is extremely difficult to troubleshoot the root cause. In this case, you will need to start a new game. We have forwarded similar instances up to our development teams for further review, and I apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if there's anything else I can help you with, and have a great night! Regards, Daniel C with Ubisoft Support.

homer579
12-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Same thing happened to me today, assuming they are not going to be able to give me my old save back (luckily only played a couple of hours) does anyone know what triggers this to happen? I'm willingly to start again but can't if it's just going to be deleted later perhaps when I do put some good hours into it. I didn't do anything differently the last time I played but I did play offline from the beginning so I'm pretty sure what I had is lost for good.

yolookitsdavidT
12-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Hey guys so i had the same problem and i got in touch with microsoft support, and they suggest this

Locate the consoleís Power Button in front of it, press and hold it down for 10 seconds until it goes off. Once it does, please unplug the Power Supply Unit from the wall/power outlet for 4 minutes.

After the 4 minutes mark, plug it back and power on the console (using the front button).

During the boot up, donít press any button on the controller.

Settings > All Settings > Accounts > Remove Accounts

Settings > All Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Blu-ray > Persistent Storage > Clear (Hit this last part 3 times)

Home (Dashboard) > left panel > scroll down a bit to > Add & Manage > Add New Ė enter the Microsoft Account Email you are using for your GamerTag.

I tried it and it worked and my file was synced up again when i tried to play the game

UnbiddenMadWig
12-16-2017, 01:36 PM
Update: tried a third xbox with AC origins not previously installed, same thing. I think i know what the problem is: the sync doesnít go all the way to 100% it stops at 19% and just loads the next screen. So i think the safe is still there it just doesnít load it, this should be fixabel. Do you guys have the same thing, that the sync doesnít fully load?

HaresA92
12-17-2017, 04:22 PM
What the F is wrong with you ubisoft! ? We paid a lot of money for this ****. Fix this problem or i will boycott all of your games. I dont even want my freaking save back! Even though i playd 80 hours. Just fix the ****ing problem so it doesn't happen again. I havnt play the game in one month now. I was watching this thread and waiting for some response. Theres no reason to start playing this **** if its get deleted again..

HaresA92
12-17-2017, 07:27 PM
Update: tried a third xbox with AC origins not previously installed, same thing. I think i know what the problem is: the sync doesnít go all the way to 100% it stops at 19% and just loads the next screen. So i think the safe is still there it just doesnít load it, this should be fixabel. Do you guys have the same thing, that the sync doesnít fully load?

Mine goes to 23%..

i_Craave_u
12-17-2017, 07:46 PM

Mine goes to 23%..
I get to 2% n then it skips to main menu.

UnbiddenMadWig
12-18-2017, 10:37 AM
I get to 2% n then it skips to main menu.

Hey Ubisoft, are you following?? This should be fixabel right??

NodeadVicky
12-19-2017, 05:54 AM
Hi Guys,

I raised this concern of save files deleted on 20th Nov, 2017 and thought that I was the unlucky one. Now I see lots of gamer have facing this same issue and I really feel sorry for them as this game is not as easy to catch-up. It took lots of game play hours and skills too. This is damn frustrating. I was hoping that game company like UbiSoft might have some good explanation but frankly they have NONE. So I request you to move on and either play this again or have a another game.

I was waiting for a fix since a very long time and then I moved on. It took some more time to reach level 40 but now I am at this level and got good gears (missed some good one's too as they are too random). I ask you to do the same and move on. Stop sending details like Xbox OS and region and other details as this will not help you guys. trust me I have tried. I also raised a support case but all I get was "We Are Sorry" nonsense. May be support team wants more data but this surely won't give your save files back. All they say is this: "I am sorry to know that you were unable to access the saved files from your XBOX, and that these have cost you a lot of time. As a gamer myself, I can relate to your situation, and I am only able to imagine your frustration. However, please understand that my colleagues have provided you with all and any possible recovery steps for the saved files, and please bare in mind that we are talking about a third party platform, and there is only so much we can do." Like a robot, every support member starts with the same lines.

So please move on and don't expect anything from them.

Thanks,
NodeadVicky

fastplane006900
12-23-2017, 05:22 AM
I decided to start over using slot 2 instead of slot 1 (where my previous saved data resided).

Now, I don't have any of the pre-order items I was supposed to have with my Gold Steelbook edition:

"The Gold SteelBook Edition includes the game, deluxe content, the season pass, and the collectible SteelBook.

Unlock two expansion campaigns, two outfit packs, an exclusive Day One weapon, and the Helix Pack."

I don't have anything, even though the Store shows I should own outfits from AltaÔr and Etzio, I should have extra weapons, etc, etc.

Also, I've started getting the "Online Service Error" message when I'm just looking at the map.

I had zero problems while playing the first time (before losing my save data) and was loving it. Now, all I have are problems. Is this Online Service Error a harbinger of things to come once I spend even more time with the game? Why do I have to open ports and tinker with my router? I just want to put the game in my Xbox One X and play, just like I did almost 2 months ago. I just want to see the game Ubisoft spent thousands of hours developing and for which I paid $100.

What is going on?

Fueler335
12-27-2017, 10:20 PM
Hello,

Are you using a standard Xbox?

Could you please take a look here and see if this helps any of you?
Xbox One cloud game saves: FAQ (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq)

Did any update or outage occur right before this happened?

Thanks

Playing Xbox one, no power issues,no indication anything abnormal going on. I don't mind replaying the game ( much... :cool: }, but AM concerned with the 70 bucks it cost me to get here. Are my in game purchases recoverable> Thanks, Marvin Reese.

SteoDoyne
01-08-2018, 07:19 PM
Just been having a read back through this thread. It was on page 8 the last time I was here.

Really cannot believe that this problem hasn't been fixed. Bravo Ubisoft, bravo. You must be really proud.

glenina_18
02-04-2018, 06:42 AM
I play for 43 hours I was in level 30 I signed in today I saw that I was in level 6 Im still wondering where the hell is my save data. I have all my trophies but not my save game whyyyy..????? (On PS4)

TheGeekAssassin
02-06-2018, 08:02 AM
I have the game installed on an Xbox One and Xbox One s overview of the campaign?
os is 10.0.16299.4059 (rs3_release_xbox_dev_1711.180109-1130) on both Xbox One and Xbox One S
no, I am not registered in the insider program and no I have not installed any insider updates for the consoles.
I noticed that the game was syncing my save because I had copied the game from one Xbox to the other.
I did not notice anything strange when closing the game prior to the last time closing.
20 hours had passed since I last played the game.
I did not encounter a crash the last time I played
The last quest I played was one of Reda's daily challenges to eliminate some bandits.
My Character was level 39 and I had played for over 50 hours
I live in Canada.

I recently got a second tv and Xbox One. I wanted to be able to play Assassin's Creed Origins on both of my Xboxes. I had the game initially installed on an external hard drive so I copied the game to the new Xbox One. When I Booted up the game everything looked fine. I saw a quick pop up message showing that the game data was syncing. I saw that my game save of a little over 50 hours level 39 was ready to go so I opened it. this is where it got weird. the game opened at the very beginning of the game. I closed the game and checked the save data and it showed that I had 0 hours played and that I was at the beginning of the game. I went back to my other Xbox to check if that was the case and sure enough I had lost my saved data. What can I do to get my old game save back?

Thank you for your help.

blakeorr88
02-08-2018, 09:13 PM
They will not assist. Unfortunately you are not alone as you can see by the previous 10 pages. I spent a few weeks going back and forth with someone from support when it happened to me, and they offered no solution. Only blamed Microsoft, advised me to start over, and refused to provide in game content to help get back where I was. Just trying to save you some time/frustration. On a side note, I did eventually (reluctantly) start a new game, and had no further issues. It's sad that this is still happening....my issue was early December I believe...months later and still happening.

chrisjeremy
02-21-2018, 05:13 AM
If they cant fix it then we need a refund. of everything we bought for the game.

amanzeus
02-21-2018, 07:54 AM
You as a company are liable for your product. If it does not work then your customer gets a refund. Otherwise it is called stealing. Get the saves back or give our money back. We will not pay for lemons, noone else gets away with it so don't act like god.
Beyond pissed, level 46ish everything was done, all treasures and side missions. All i had left was the very last mission. Literally mins. away from completion and then this bull.

TheMerlin486
03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Lost 128 hours on a save file at Level 45 last night. Two hours after investing another wedge on Season Pass.

What a joke. No other major game fan base would accept this level of support so why are we?

Atlas R3V1V3z
03-06-2018, 05:02 AM
Xbox One S
Latest
No
No
No
About a week
No
Was starting new DLC
US

TalkiestElf924
03-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Lost all the progress, level 45, 158 hours played.
Any solutions?

gh7676
03-17-2018, 07:00 PM
70 plus hours game play, all abilities unlocked half of curse of the pharaohs done, Level 49 almost level 50, loaded my save as usual and the game started from the beginning, save file gone, rebooted the console tried loading from the cloud and file is the same save at level 1 with two minutes game play logged. Seventy Hours Gone. I could not be more pissed and disappointed in Ubisoft. Thanks for not fixing this issue back in November of last year when it started. Jerks!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I WANT MY $40 BACK FOR THE SEASON PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

lindtchoco
03-25-2018, 04:39 PM
If i have the game saved on 2 xboxes and one of the game saves was deleted (such as on xbox #1), is it possible to use the local console save on xbox #2 to load my previously deleted game saves?

dcdiablo
08-16-2018, 10:15 PM
Hey guys,

I FOUND A SOLUTION! Like all of you, I lost my game file and looked through this thread and every other thread I could fine.

Here is what I did. I started a new game in the last save spot and did the intro and the 1st mission that had you killing some Roman soldiers for Hepfeza. Then I went back to the Title screen and went to see if my save file would appear and IT DID!!! That is how I got my 40 hour save file back. Good luck!

ChasUGC1
08-17-2018, 03:41 AM
I've been able to play offline too, and all my saved games play fine. I just can't access the daily quests, or online quests like Trials Of The Gods.
I wonder if these people have tried to go offline and see if the saved games are located locally, like on my XBOX One S. Or, if that doesn't work,
maybe clearing the cache and going offline will recover the local saved game files. I've played through the game five times and I haven't had this problem even once.
I've used four different saved game slots too. But, if someone crashes their saved game file, like if there is a home electrical problem, or if they turn off their XBOX during a
save in process, this could easily cause the problem. I've even stopped playing right in the middle of a mission, but I always make sure to wait until the saved triangle has stopped spinning.
I believe they all probably stopped playing the game when the triangle was spinning and they crashed their saved game. Maybe UBISOFT should figure out how to crash a saved game.
And, then create a sticky about the do's and dont's.

XJamestheTrueX
10-18-2018, 11:07 PM
All my saves for the last four days are gone. It's reverted back to the 14th. I dropped from level 34 back to 28. Very frustrating. :(