PDA

View Full Version : Decided to try out tribute.....

brashtralas
11-18-2017, 01:17 AM
Great mode, too bad the game is even more messed up than before. Iíve routinely had unreactable lights and attacks that go through block. Itís lovely.

I made a nice long post a few weeks ago about how ****ty your game has become, but I thought Iíd give you a chance and try out season 4..

Wrong.

You continually stun me. I could get past slightly imbalanced classes such as pk, shinobi, and warlord, but I canít even fathom what you were thinking with these new characters?

Was any testing done outside the usual group of yes-men? Truly?

I actually saw someone on these forums defending the new classes with ďa patch is coming in mid December that will have some fixes!Ē

HOW IS THAT ACCEPTABLE? Deal with it for 3-5 weeks!

You must be the most absurd company Iíve ever seen. I feel slightly ashamed for having defended you to naysayers.

It pains me that the least functional part of your fighting game is now the fighting.

Tl:dr Iím disappointed in the sorry state of your game, and Iím disappointed in myself for expecting better.

Vakris_One
11-18-2017, 03:38 AM
Actually the fighting part in this fighting game is finally starting to appear now in Season 4. People are actually attacking each other rather than staring at each other with these two new characters. And not to mention the much needed and long overdue removal of the last bar health regen thing, which propped up the turtle meta almost single handedly.

The patch isn't immediate because they have to schedule it ahead of time and it has to go through Sony and Microsoft's online services and their approval process so it can be released simultanously on those two platforms (PSN and Xbox Live). If it was just on PC they could release the patch immediately as soon as it's ready because they would only have to run it by their own Uplay service.

brashtralas
11-18-2017, 04:14 AM
Actually the fighting part in this fighting game is finally starting to appear now in Season 4. People are actually attacking each other rather than staring at each other with these two new characters. And not to mention the much needed and long overdue removal of the last bar health regen thing, which propped up the turtle meta almost single handedly.

The patch isn't immediate because they have to schedule it ahead of time and it has to go through Sony and Microsoft's online services and their approval process so it can be released simultanously on those two platforms (PSN and Xbox Live). If it was just on PC they could release the patch immediately as soon as it's ready because they would only have to run it by their own Uplay service.

Defensive meta wasnít much on console to begin with. Iíd run into them from time to time, but it was t every single person. And the fighting most certainly is the worst part, currently, since the actual mechanics behind fighting are broken.

And I think you missed the point about the patch to fix things..... donít release it broken in the first place... Or at least realistically broken, not utterly and completely broken.

I find it unbelievable(the real meaning, as in i donít believe it, not the hyperbolic definition) that they can release the broken and imbalanced patches after testing it internally without noticing any of the issues. Thereís intention here, and itís ugly.

Hey, one positive for the new season; Revenge isnít out of control test, since almost everyone is using new characters they havenít geared up! Yay!

Vakris_One
11-18-2017, 04:10 PM
Defensive meta wasnít much on console to begin with. Iíd run into them from time to time, but it was t every single person. And the fighting most certainly is the worst part, currently, since the actual mechanics behind fighting are broken.
You're going to have to elaborate on that. What fighting mechanics are broken?

And I think you missed the point about the patch to fix things..... donít release it broken in the first place... Or at least realistically broken, not utterly and completely broken.

I find it unbelievable(the real meaning, as in i donít believe it, not the hyperbolic definition) that they can release the broken and imbalanced patches after testing it internally without noticing any of the issues. Thereís intention here, and itís ugly.
I too was surprised by how much the Shaman had on paper and how average the Aramusha seemed. In practice I'm not finding the Shaman any more difficult to beat than a turtling Lawbringer or Warden. I play Kensei and the more aggressive my opponent is the happier I am to fight them because that favours my playstyle and because the Kensei is completely screwed by turtling.

The Aramusha I was surprised to find can apply much more pressure than the Shaman but he is none the less a one trick pony. Once people learn him I feel like he will be getting shut down a lot.

Keep in mind that the dev test team will never be able to replicate the type and quantity of feedback they can get from the community. They put in the new mechanics they want to try out in a new character and balance them around that mechanic. Is it the best way to go about it, maybe not - I'm not a game dev so I don't know what goes on during their process. But I would always prefer they come out with something new and interesting rather than just making clones of existing characters, even if that means tweaking them after release.

The devs are also privvy to stuff we are not such as the reworks on existing characters. For all we know when the Kensei, Conq and Zerker reworks get released they might end up having some of the best kits in the game, especially if the devs use heroes like the Shaman as the new benchmark.

Hey, one positive for the new season; Revenge isnít out of control test, since almost everyone is using new characters they havenít geared up! Yay!
Revenge hasn't been a problem since they patched it at the start of Season 3. The new extreme stat on gear might mess with that but I doubt it. If someone goes for extreme revenge gain he'll have a huge negative in both normal defense and revenge duration. Just wait them out till their revenge ends and go ham on them.

brashtralas
11-19-2017, 06:35 AM
Okay. Youíre being obtuse. I donít like to throw the term around, but youíre fanboying pretty hard. That or burying your head and pretending the problems donít exist.

You want to see what the issues are? Look no further than the first 3-4 pages of the forums.

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 07:28 AM
I actually think that he is being quite reasonable. Is it annoying it takes so long to get fixes? Yes. But then again 3 weeks in my book is fine, because honestly I think with these new characters there is no true way that anyone can say for a fact what they need besides the blaring obvious: nerf shamans blood trance pounce and buff the aramushas BB a tad. Itís still too early as a dev in the first place to even go one way or the other about fixes other than those mentioned, because I may find it easy to counter and you may not. I may be fighting against mid tier players and you high tier. I may play a certain style or character thatís favorable against certain other characters, you may have bad matchups with yours. It makes it hard when in the same post one person is asking for a buff and saying the character is underwhelming when another player is saying it shouldnít be in the game because itís so Op.

There are many things wrong with this game, but I too would say the fighting is not one of them. For me it is the fact that I canít ever complete a dominion in my area and my group gets disconnected a lot if Iím in one but Iíve found the connection in tribute to be the best reliably wise team mode in the game.

brashtralas
11-19-2017, 08:01 AM
How is it okay if I block, only for the attack to go through? How is it acceptable that my character self-staggers on his own attacks? How is it acceptable to throw someone into the wall only for them to recover as if it didnít happen?

You two are pretending like I didnít make two or three threads last season asking for fixes, only to get none.

Then we add in the new classes that utterly destroy team balance(which are the modes everyone plays. I donít know why 1v1 is more important), and the simple fact that a cursory viewing of the shaman is more than enough to know she needs some tuning.

So are you implying that Ubisoft didnít spare a cursory glance? Thatís professional incompetence.

Did they know and release anyway? Thatís professional negligence.

As I said, the first four pages of the forums are filled with complaints about balance, and more importantly, a decay in combat mechanics.

THE DECAY IN COMBAT MECHANICS is unacceptable. It is whatís truly killing this game. Then add in lag=game breaking.

Ulrichvonbek111
11-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Okay. Youíre being obtuse. I donít like to throw the term around, but youíre fanboying pretty hard. That or burying your head and pretending the problems donít exist.

You want to see what the issues are? Look no further than the first 3-4 pages of the forums.

The One is always jumping on people's posts giving his self righteous corrective brown nose opinion.
I've been looking for a word for a while to describe his actions and well you got it in one OBTUSE....BROWN NOSE OBTUSE.

Vakris_One
11-19-2017, 03:38 PM
I simply asked you to elaborate on what you mean by broken fighting mechanics. That's a reasonable question for most people. The fact that you chose to insult me instead of answering the question only tells me that you have no argument to make.

Try being a bit more courteous to people who are politely challenging your opinion instead of spewing salt at them.

I want to see what YOU think the issues are since you made this thread. Are you not an individual? Yours is the only thread I've read that complains about the fighting mechanics being broken in Season 4.

How is it okay if I block, only for the attack to go through? How is it acceptable that my character self-staggers on his own attacks? How is it acceptable to throw someone into the wall only for them to recover as if it didnít happen?

You two are pretending like I didnít make two or three threads last season asking for fixes, only to get none.
First of all, I don't follow you around the forums and you're not some kind of important celebrity on here so I'm not pretending anything. I either didn't read your other threads or I didn't remember that it was you. I'm sorry if that offends your ego.

Secondly, your points there sound like unintended bugs or issues of wonky network lag. The only thing in that list that is apparently intended by the devs is that characters can trip over rocks in the environment. Personally I think they should get rid of that as it serves no real purpose. The attacks going through blocks and a wall splat not stunning are not intended to be a part of the fighting mechanics and are definitely bugs. I've had the attacks going through block happen occassionally and it's because of the P2P f***ing up. The wall splat not stunning them I haven't had this happen in my games but if it is a widely reported issue then it should be looked into ASAP. Do in summary:

- The tripping over rocks is a part of the fight mechanics and I agree that it should go.
- Attacks going through blocks is not an intended part of the fight mechanics and is caused by wonkiness in the P2P network. This will likely only be fixed with dedicated servers.
- The wall splats not staggering is most definitely a bug that should be fixed asap as it too is not intended.

Then we add in the new classes that utterly destroy team balance(which are the modes everyone plays. I donít know why 1v1 is more important), and the simple fact that a cursory viewing of the shaman is more than enough to know she needs some tuning.

So are you implying that Ubisoft didnít spare a cursory glance? Thatís professional incompetence.

Did they know and release anyway? Thatís professional negligence.

As I said, the first four pages of the forums are filled with complaints about balance, and more importantly, a decay in combat mechanics.

THE DECAY IN COMBAT MECHANICS is unacceptable. It is whatís truly killing this game. Then add in lag=game breaking.
A "decay in combat mechanics" is a subjective term. To me the decay in combat mechanics was the turtle meta. Season 4 has finally made this game more about attacking again than ridiculous passive staring contests. If that is a decay to you then we'll have to agree to disagree.

I am saying they released these new characters because they wanted to release something with new mechanics and playstyles. None of them are hopelessly broken. The Shaman is nowhere near how intrinsically broken the Centurion was. She can be reigned in and balanced with relatively straight forward tweaks. The Centurion was either going to end up crap in 1v1 but great in 4v4 or vice versa and that's why they took so long to fix him. The Shaman doesn't have such an intrinsic issue with her kit. The Aramusha is a pure pressure class with a very average middle of the road kit. Once people get used to him he's going to be getting shut down quite frequently. Just like the Shinboi's ranged GB. He will actually needs some tweaking so that he can stay relevant against being turtled and completely shut down.

By all means feel free to disagree but put the insults away.

Vakris_One
11-19-2017, 03:47 PM
The One is always jumping on people's posts giving his self righteous corrective brown nose opinion.
I've been looking for a word for a while to describe his actions and well you got it in one OBTUSE....BROWN NOSE OBTUSE.
^ And this one loves to cower behind others as he chucks insults like a troll.

Ulrich, mate. How many times have I told you, if you take issue with something I post then man up, grow a pair and address my post directly. I know it's hard for you to come up with coherent and intelligent arguments but this cowering behind others like some kind of parasite is really pathetic.

Alustar.
11-19-2017, 04:07 PM
I know I'm probably late on this, but screw it, I've been seeing and hearing this far to frequently.
Saying the phrase "...but the mechanics are broken." Doesn't support anything you say. Do you even know what that term refers to and if so, how could you possibly say that if you even played the game?

The core mechanics are pretty simple, straight forward and easy to grasp. You and your opponent square off and you attack each other, each defending and attacking around three vectors. You have throws and dodges and hero specific moves. Those work great. Play any static match or hell, even customs with your friends and they work as intended.
The problem of attacks cutting through blocks or missed CGB has less to do with faulty mechanics and more to do with improperly timed defenses.
Stop trying to scapegoat professional developers for short comings from on the back end.

Ulrichvonbek111
11-20-2017, 04:12 AM
^ And this one loves to cower behind others as he chucks insults like a troll.

Ulrich, mate. How many times have I told you, if you take issue with something I post then man up, grow a pair and address my post directly. I know it's hard for you to come up with coherent and intelligent arguments but this cowering behind others like some kind of parasite is really pathetic.

I don't cower behind anyone brown nose.
I was letting the person know directly that you're just a trolling clownshoe that's constantly trying to put down people's legitimate concerns.
You always come in trying to say they're wrong with an obtuse angle on it.
Parasite well that fits you so well thriving on other people's statements bleeding them with your pompous attitude you brown nose...Yes I shall continuously give it to you for you deserve nothing less..
You notice I don't actually cower behind anyone.
What I do is when I notice your brown nosing
(smell your bull a mile away) is respond so you know I've clocked you again spouting your p.i.s.h. slating someone's opinion..
Can you just not let people have their say without your brown nose correctivness attitude. ..
Clownshoe Brown nose...

Vakris_One
11-20-2017, 04:49 AM
I don't cower behind anyone brown nose.
I was letting the person know directly that you're just a trolling clownshoe that's constantly trying to put down people's legitimate concerns.
You always come in trying to say they're wrong with an obtuse angle on it.
Parasite well that fits you so well thriving on other people's statements bleeding them with your pompous attitude you brown nose...Yes I shall continuously give it to you for you deserve nothing less..
You notice I don't actually cower behind anyone.
What I do is when I notice your brown nosing
(smell your bull a mile away) is respond so you know I've clocked you again spouting your p.i.s.h. slating someone's opinion..
Can you just not let people have their say without your brown nose correctivness attitude. ..
Clownshoe Brown nose...
I really don't understand why you get so triggered simply by reading a different opinion than your own. I mean to spew so much hatred and bile right off the bat the way you do without any prior justification, just using your posts as a platform to repeat your nonsensensical single word mantra: "Brown nose, brown nose, brown nose..." like some kind of deranged zealot. I mean seriously guy, do you even play For Honor? Because it seems like you just hang around this forum looking to vomit bile at people who express opinions that are different to yours.

You have yet to present a counter argument towards any of my posts. Every time you come out of the woodwork it is solely to insult me and call me names. You have never once even attempted to address the arguments or opinions expressed in my post(s). Since the very first time you ever quoted one of my posts you have always just waged personal ad hominem attacks against me. I honestly have no idea what kind of forum moderation team allows this kind of disgusting behaviour to go on repeatedly and thinks it's perfectly okay for someone like you to just post personal attacks non stop.