PDA

View Full Version : Separate Elimination and Skirmish

Inconsistent73
11-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Skirmish is a ****ty game mode and I refuse to be subjected to it.

Every time you put me in a skirmish you're wasting five minutes of my time and guaranteeing that my teammates will have at least one bot because I will invariably quit as soon as the game loads up.

**** your consolidation. Let me play elimination without the ********.

Tyrjo
11-17-2017, 06:55 PM
I also like Elimination. Skirmish is just to incredibly far from Elimination in terms of game play. While one readily offers 1v1 encounter, and the other being a gank fest.

If the matchmaking switch to Skirmish I quit the matchmaking. If the game modes switches to Skirmish after an Elimination round, I quit the lobby. At least let Elimination games stay Elimination so you don't have to quit and requeue to put more strain on the matchmaking server.

Tyrjo
11-17-2017, 07:43 PM
One thing I just noticed is that sometimes when looking for an Elimination game it enters the preferred game mode, but you get into a lobby of an Elimination game that just ended. Then it switches to Skirmish and you have to quit out of the game. Because you don't want to play Skirmish.

CandleInTheDark
11-17-2017, 07:55 PM
I also like Elimination. Skirmish is just to incredibly far from Elimination in terms of game play. While one readily offers 1v1 encounter, and the other being a gank fest.

Here is the thing though, it is this exact attitude that has contributed towards both games having a low population pool and being lumped together,not just people with your view, the people who decide murderball is the only way to go also. You want to know why a lot of people who might play elimination stick with dominion instead? We can't be bothered with how toxic that and brawl get when we decide we want to play it a way different to the way you do.Skirmish has a low pool because you won't consider that so the low number of none murderball groups also drive away people who would try that.

The hardcore 1v1 elimination types and the hardcore murderball skirmish types and all the toxicity they cause in game and on the forums and reddit are what have driven down the population as a whole and it is that reason that the only way the devs had to try to work in more population, because people that are constantly telling them they should break their rewards over time played balancing to incentivise those modes or try to force people into them with contract orders (wouldn't work by the by, I'd do them ai matchmaking off or not at all myself) caused this problem to begin with.

I want to like both games, personally though I will stick to chilling in dominion and tribute where no one tells me play it their way or else, most of the.people in those pools (excepting 10-20% or so, I feel sorry for them) deserve each other.

Saml84
11-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Yes plz ubi if I wanted to duel I would do 1v1's

OneLaw4you
11-17-2017, 09:42 PM
Yeah it's pretty ******ed that they put them together again. Skirmish is a joke

FredEx919
11-17-2017, 09:52 PM
There's always possibility for something like this to be changed. I can't promise that it will, but I'll make sure the team gets all of your feedback and understands your thoughts on topic.

OneLaw4you
11-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Delete skirmish