PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for the devs concerning Shaman...

For_Honor_5651
11-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Who in the blue hell decided it was okay to put this character in the game? She has to be the most broken character in all of for honor. Her entire moveset is Godly. I used to HATE playing shinobis in duel, now whenever i see I'm going up against a shinobi, i pray with relief that it isn't Shaman.

I mean let's actually go through her sets.
1.) She has multiple bleed attacks, and bleed feints.
2.) Able to heal on blood trance activation
3.) Speed of light attacks are unreactable
4.) Wild Cats rage is an extreme heavy while being the speed of a nobushis light attack
5.) Predators mercy can track you from behind the bushes from across the map... or different game mode.
6.) She's able to cancel her unblockable left heavy REALLLY late into the sequence into a guardbreak. I can already see the unblockable fire symbol around her arm and she's STILL able to soft feint it to a guard break
7.) I'm pretty sure she throws the furthest of all regular throws when she catches you in GB (with the exception of raider and valkyries charged headbutt, which I'm pretty sure has the same distance as shamans regular throw)
8.) She has a guaranteed heavy from nearly any possible route when she guard breaks someone.
9.) All of her dash attacks are considered heavy while being lightning fast, meaning it has the speed of a light attack which when she hits you with it, can actually execute you.
10.) The way that she can just cancel Predators Hunger/Mercy into wildcats rage or cancel into guardbreak is too overwhelming.
11.) She can literally start ANY of her chains from a dashing attack
12.) When she enters revenge mode, best defense is to pray.
13.) Her Predators hunger is spammable in the same manner centurions wall splat was.
14.) Her 2 hour cutscene when she's biting you leaves you open to attack from incoming enemies
15.) The fact that she heals with every successful attack while you're bleeding is stupid OP, considering your hero can cut themselves and bleed from her Mohawk style hair...

I mean, i thought it was quite clear the fans didn't want this type of character in the game when centurion came out. Now you've nerfed him into the ground, the original roster is completely useless, which sucks for those rep 40 wardens and orochis and raiders, only to be toppled by this thing called the Shaman.

You don't need data, you don't need time to see how the character reacts to the season 4 players, you don't need the feedback of other for honor players (even though the entire first 3 pages all talk about how shaman is too op)... you need to do a better job balancing your heroes.

For honor grabbed a lot of recognition when there was a 'play for free' weekend on Xbox Live, which I'm pretty sure drove players to buy the game, only to be met with characters like shaman and shinobi and berserker.

Please please please, ubisoft... fix this mess. It's a complete embarrassment to have made such a mistake in the season 1 characters, only to make the SAME mistake with the season 4 characters 100 times worse. Pathetic...

Keldow89
11-17-2017, 12:30 PM
Couldn't agree more

Takuram
11-17-2017, 12:48 PM
Well, I do think she is the best hero launched to this day, but she isn't so over the top as you weebs claim.
I'm having a much more difficult time fighting aramushas with their never ending light spam than shamans.

Their heavies are all reactable, the neutral ones are pretty slow btw, the only concern is the soft feinted gb from heavies.
Her bleed doesn't do a lot of damage, and her lights are ok.

Her pounce can be easilly dodged, but her main weapon is the pounce / heavy leap feinting game.

Also, the biting animation stops if anyone hits you or her ( even teamates )...

I still haven't played as her ( don't have Season Pass ) but I've played against her in duels and 4v4s, and I gotta say, I wish all characthers went the way she went... keep in mind this is a characther to break the defensive meta... all characther should have good openers and soft feints like her and aramusha.

Erhanninja
11-17-2017, 12:55 PM
I completely agree. I play as PS4 and I believe I have good reflexes but itís not humanly possible to track attacks. Side step attack range is so small and fast. I canít even counter with gladiator even though I had upper hand. Jump attack and animal whatever jump range is ridiculous and absolutely has no recovery. There is no way you can win against two because even if you guard break she can safely jump from long distance and stagger you. Side step doesnít work and if she is in front you you have no chance. Developers pull your ... together. You absolutely ruining the game experience for everybody

PDXGorechild
11-17-2017, 01:51 PM
only to be met with characters like shaman and shinobi and berserker.

lol what?

Alustar.
11-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Man you kids are relentless with this? I'm not even going to attempt to point it every flaw with the original post, suffice to say nothing he said is accurate, it's all hyperbole.
As if the poster played one match, got wrecked and went straight to the forums in typical lemming fashion.

Gg guys, gg.

Tobias96716
11-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Man you kids are relentless with this? I'm not even going to attempt to point it every flaw with the original post, suffice to say nothing he said is accurate, it's all hyperbole.
As if the poster played one match, got wrecked and went straight to the forums in typical lemming fashion.

Gg guys, gg.

If i can upvote this...i would...

guor6800
11-20-2017, 03:12 PM
I still haven't played as her ( don't have Season Pass ) but I've played against her in duels and 4v4s, and I gotta say, I wish all characthers went the way she went... keep in mind this is a characther to break the defensive meta... all characther should have good openers and soft feints like her and aramusha.

My biggest fear is that the exact same thing was said about centurion in season 2. A defence-meta breaking champion they said. We all know the results of that process.

Also if every hero has an "opener" 4vs4 will be a spamfest of kicks,punches,headbuts etc. Really not the best swordfighting environment.

Alustar.
11-20-2017, 03:31 PM
And yet the only spamming you get is from the Aramusha. And honestly, a lot of players are likely to go for him when it goes live. He has static block and damn near infinite combos. I'm still trying to figure a way to counter him.

Alustar.
11-20-2017, 03:32 PM
If i can upvote this...i would... I'll be here all week. :)

David_gorda
11-20-2017, 03:50 PM
And yet the only spamming you get is from the Aramusha. And honestly, a lot of players are likely to go for him when it goes live. He has static block and damn near infinite combos. I'm still trying to figure a way to counter him. try use shaman lol. Git Gud and learn to parry.

Sekiro...
11-20-2017, 05:26 PM
Of course the same noobs that used to play the OP centurion and defend him in the forum will do the same with the shaman
They are always seeking for a easy way to win and they fear this game become balanced one day

xDEUSxVULTx2017
11-21-2017, 08:47 AM

Gg guys, gg.

Instead of wasting our time with a pointless message like this, why don't you actually respond to the OP and give us your reasons as to why you say it isnt accurate, because as far as I'm concerned he hit the money right on the spot. Every single thing he said is spot on.

Alustar.
11-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Instead of wasting our time with a pointless message like this, why don't you actually respond to the OP and give us your reasons as to why you say it isnt accurate, because as far as I'm concerned he hit the money right on the spot. Every single thing he said is spot on.

Or you as a player could do your do diligence and research it yourself from one of the menu posts on this forum about the for mechanics of the hero.

Timendrius
11-21-2017, 11:11 AM
Who told you that wrestling moves aren't used in historical sword combat. This is one of the best way to precipitate an opponent out of balance and distract him. Surely you never got a bucket in your face.

FPKillaCali562
11-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Or you as a player could do your do diligence and research it yourself from one of the menu posts on this forum about the for mechanics of the hero.

Well you're the one making the claim so why don't you back it up. He's spot on about everything. And you're probably a shaman main. 😂

Alustar.
11-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Well you're the one making the claim so why don't you back it up. He's spot on about everything. And you're probably a shaman main. 😂
Lol only noobs use mains.

Forsakin1
11-22-2017, 12:21 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0 please go here and look over the speed and dmg of all the heroes every hero has something about them thats pisses off another player hate the warden 50 50 to gb but i have a harder time with him and lb than i do with shamen, ara I'm starting to get the hang of dodge and deflect don't work parry and block top or gb after the first side (might be a bug) but it works all his chains start from the side unless he used dodge opener or counter opener, study the move set learn what they can and can't do, cent sucked at first then we learned how to counter him mean while raider threw everyone off a ledge and that was buffed? LB runs around the fight then spears you into a wall splat, but if a hero is fast and that crap don't work nerf nerf nerf, grow up, stop being so entitled. I have been here since feb. every week it's a new hero thats op and one that up. pk broken, rochi op, cent that, glad this, shinobi blah blah blah, with my no health shinobi a killed cent with my no renown zerk destroyed warden and LB, I have a harder time with lighting Mcval than with shamen, paly your heroes strengths, yes the og's need some reworks but change up the norm, rochi forward dodge turns into a tool of whats it gone be top light gb zone, we have been around for long enough to know what we can and can't do, and no noobs arn't the only ones who use mains you my friend are a conceded *****, I use who I like form, look, play style and weapon all so I can have fun not show how much free time I have as to master every hero. learn your heroes ins and outs, but since day one the out cries have yet to cease, nerf buff ect ect what we need to be calling out for is stable this and rep cap lobbies, so lvl have no life isn't destroying lvl just got the game, if you have played LB since day one can parry punish in you sleep and new guy shamen whooped up on you might be you turtle to much and they have a can opener, think on that, let it sink in, take a vap break, hit the bowl, whatever just don't reply out of "oh yeah, well yada yada yada whine, name call"

Alustar.
11-22-2017, 12:36 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0 please go here and look over the speed and dmg of all the heroes every hero has something about them thats pisses off another player hate the warden 50 50 to gb but i have a harder time with him and lb than i do with shamen, ara I'm starting to get the hang of dodge and deflect don't work parry and block top or gb after the first side (might be a bug) but it works all his chains start from the side unless he used dodge opener or counter opener, study the move set learn what they can and can't do, cent sucked at first then we learned how to counter him mean while raider threw everyone off a ledge and that was buffed? LB runs around the fight then spears you into a wall splat, but if a hero is fast and that crap don't work nerf nerf nerf, grow up, stop being so entitled. I have been here since feb. every week it's a new hero thats op and one that up. pk broken, rochi op, cent that, glad this, shinobi blah blah blah, with my no health shinobi a killed cent with my no renown zerk destroyed warden and LB, I have a harder time with lighting Mcval than with shamen, paly your heroes strengths, yes the og's need some reworks but change up the norm, rochi forward dodge turns into a tool of whats it gone be top light gb zone, we have been around for long enough to know what we can and can't do, and no noobs arn't the only ones who use mains you my friend are a conceded *****, I use who I like form, look, play style and weapon all so I can have fun not show how much free time I have as to master every hero. learn your heroes ins and outs, but since day one the out cries have yet to cease, nerf buff ect ect what we need to be calling out for is stable this and rep cap lobbies, so lvl have no life isn't destroying lvl just got the game, if you have played LB since day one can parry punish in you sleep and new guy shamen whooped up on you might be you turtle to much and they have a can opener, think on that, let it sink in, take a vap break, hit the bowl, whatever just don't reply out of "oh yeah, well yada yada yada whine, name call"

The point you made about learning your hero and other heroes is what I meant by that comment of "mains" and noobs. It's not conceded, it's actually a measurable factor of skill. No one who plays one specific character well ever be as good as a player who knows and uses all heroes effectively.
I myself only play a select few regularly. I actually agree with most every thing you just said. I've been saying since launch (you can check my posting history) that the idea of overpowered characters isn't a thing here like it is in other games. I don't call for nerfs, I've always sought out repetitive and information on how to do things.
There are clear counters to everything. Numeric values of attacks and managers may need adjusting, but that's it. Well aside for the OG roster needing desperate attention now.

RoosterIlluzion
11-22-2017, 05:14 AM
So obviously your new main is Shaman?

ChrisTaben2017
11-22-2017, 06:21 PM
So obviously your new main is Shaman?

Only people with autism or brain problems think shaman is OK,
NERF it

Forsakin1
11-22-2017, 11:37 PM
don't like shamen don't have her nor care to get her I never got season pass didn't see the point. but i did play lvl 3 bots or the new heroes, it's not the speeds or attack it's what then, to many moves for you to know whats coming, I have only seen a few things that need nerf so to say.

1 If in a chain a deflect from zerk and PK does not give you thier deflect move, you are interrupted by her next attack, a deflect should stumble the attacker enough to allow the move to go thru with the exception of rochi's Heavy, but the faster attacks should contact. this is also a problem I have seen with aramusha.

2 with the amount of faint's she has it is almost never ending, it's the 100 faint's half stamina problem the cent had, increase faint cost or decrease reward.

3 her pounce bite, needs to have a longer recovery time on hit, you have barely gotten back to your feet and she is right back in your face fainting again. 100ms maybe 200 would be enough.

4 her pounce both the shove and bite cost less than it should for the reward, a shove can be followed by a bite before you are done stumbling around like a drunk man, and this is after 20 faints and 3 gb.

other than these things I see her as being strong and agile yet not broken or OP but this does need to be addressed before the spam of faints and pounce get out of control.

Tyler-Durdin
11-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Some see Shaman as OP because their precious turtle defence meta is being destroyed.
When all the OG characters have had their reworks and totally destroys this boring turtle defence meta people will find the next thing to B**** about.
I await this with popcorn at the ready.

BTTrinity
11-23-2017, 12:59 AM
Shaman is OP af, its like what if they gave Zerk a better version of Nobushi's passive with Pre-Nerf Shoulderbash. She can literally force you to dodge, cancel her pounce and grab your recovery.... not okay

Forsakin1
11-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Only people with autism or brain problems think shaman is OK,
NERF it
I find that Offensive as I have a son with autism, are you 12 or something, have a lil respect, please.

Erhanninja
11-24-2017, 01:07 AM
As simple as this yeah? She has best of all characters. Pounce bite bleed unblockable traps healing feat or poison stealth just to name few. She can ledge you without any effort

Howard_T_J
11-24-2017, 03:41 AM
I will admit the shaman is strong. I struggle more with aramusha just because I don't play with a hud. I'll say this over and over and over again. I don't play to the meta. So dealing with her is far easier. Orochi's dodge attacks are faster than hers. I can usually dodge 75% of her attacks. With the exception of that little dagger move she does. When I am bleeding though. I go into a very aggressive play style. Why? She's trying to bite you. Any damage will interrupt it. I've dodge it many times. I still think I've only been bitten hmmm maybe 6 times? Almost all her moves fall victim to Riptide strike because it puts Orochi out of range of her.

Does she need some rework yes. But I can lay her down faster than the nerfed centurion right now.

guor6800
11-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Some see Shaman as OP because their precious turtle defence meta is being destroyed.
When all the OG characters have had their reworks and totally destroys this boring turtle defence meta people will find the next thing to B**** about.
I await this with popcorn at the ready.

Exactly like centurion broke that meta. Defense meta is not going to be addressed by introducing new champions that "counters" it. Shaman herself if she wanna turtle good luck open her up.

When ALL the OG characters have their reworks? So deal with those new "overtuned" champions for some months while we do reworks.If you saw yesterday's den they can't even communicate between them. 1st bunch of reworks not soon says Damien,very soon says Roman. For honor's decision making in a nutshell.