PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Don't know if it's a bug or a feature

xBlutkatze
11-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,

After I finished the main story of the game I was pleased to see that you can buy the "Tablet of Knowledge" in the Bureau of the Hidden Ones. I gathered some money and was like "Yeah, finally I can get some Ability points!"

So I bought a lot of them at once. As the text says, they can purchased repeatedly and would gain you additional 1000M EXP - nice! But as I was 'finished' with my purchase (I bought about 10 or so) I realized that I only gained those 1000 EXP ONCE.

After several test I found out, that you can only purchase ONE Tablet per buy, and after that, you need to have a loading screen and purchase a new Tablet to get 1000 EXP again. The shortest way to do so is: Buying a tablet - wait till you gain 1000 EXP - Fast Travel to the Bureau - Repeat.

I don't know if this is intended. I tried after the patches if it would be fixed but nope. Is it now a bug or a feature? Am I the only one to have this problem? Or did I get something wrong in the text?
Oh, and I don't know if the tablet should linger in the inventory after you purchased it? I think it vanished after some time, but I don't know exactly when.

Busy-A
11-17-2017, 12:43 PM
There is no bug and if so I think its not a common one. There is definitely a notfication issue if you are buying them rapidly. I'd buy 20 really fast and get the xp after it add like 5k the process suddenly stopped but after looking at xp bar all 20k xp was added.

Anvnamnet
11-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Might be a "feature". But it doesn't inform you about this when or before buying. So yeah.. I have that problem, and I have seen several people with the same "issue"...

Either it's bugged, or it lacks info about you being able to buy one every time you fast travel/die..
Sounds weird that it would be a feature, Sooo, I think it's a bug.... Never seen Ubisoft answer it though.

xBlutkatze
11-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Well, I never got those EXP I bought after my first one, and I bought several Tablets as a test. If so, I should've gained an extra ability point by now.

We're you informed about the 5k or did you just noticed it?

Busy-A
11-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Well that's unfortunate sry to hear that. I bought a quite alot of them it varies. Yesterday I saw it pretty clear that 3k was added right away to the bar but I just tested it right now I bought like 7 of them and just 1k showed up but I noticed the 7k increase.

Anvnamnet
11-17-2017, 10:55 PM
Well, I never got those EXP I bought after my first one, and I bought several Tablets as a test. If so, I should've gained an extra ability point by now.

We're you informed about the 5k or did you just noticed it?

I never got the xp either.. Even if it was "invinsible", I even measured the bar.
So at lvl 40, how many XP points do u need for ability point?

xBlutkatze
11-18-2017, 05:17 PM
I never got the xp either.. Even if it was "invinsible", I even measured the bar.
So at lvl 40, how many XP points do u need for ability point?

So I'm not the only one with this Problem. On which system are you playing?

You need 20k for one Ability Point :/ And I bought at least 25 without gaining the EXP

Anvnamnet
11-18-2017, 05:30 PM
No you are not.. Google can show you more people..
I am playing on PC.

20k... Okay thanx! =)

Found something!

Like Busy-A said. It just doesn't notify you of more then 1000xp increase.
I tried to buy A BUNCH. And it is just bugged (like many other things).

It does add xp.. Just doesn't notify. And it doesn't give you much!

xstagex
11-18-2017, 10:17 PM
This is already in the patchnotes 1.05.

xBlutkatze
11-19-2017, 07:07 PM
This is already in the patchnotes 1.05.

Hm really? I haven't noticed a difference after I installed it (PS4), it still won't show correctly?

No you are not.. Google can show you more people..
I am playing on PC.

20k... Okay thanx! =)

Found something!

Like Busy-A said. It just doesn't notify you of more then 1000xp increase.
I tried to buy A BUNCH. And it is just bugged (like many other things).

It does add xp.. Just doesn't notify. And it doesn't give you much!

Well, then I will try it again. I will buy 20 and see if I get an Ability Point ._. Hopefully it won't be in vain. But thanks for the answer! Everytime I googled it I didn't found anything about it?