PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha disappointment

SanaMinatozaki-
11-17-2017, 12:51 AM
Hi Ubisoft

I am very disappointed with Aramusha my country samurai. I feel that he is as underpower as kensei. Not easy to use. Require feint. No unblockable opener. No mix up. His attack easy to parry and block. Gb no guaranteed heavy. No side dodge attack. Ubisoft please buff him.

Also any advice on how to use him well?

Rgds,
Sana Minatozaki

JediGamerFurius
11-17-2017, 01:33 AM
Hi Ubisoft

I am very disappointed with Aramusha my country samurai. I feel that he is as underpower as kensei. Not easy to use. Require feint. No unblockable opener. No mix up. His attack easy to parry and block. Gb no guaranteed heavy. No side dodge attack. Ubisoft please buff him.

Rgds,
Sana Minatozaki

He is based on feint and light combos. To maximaze his full potential you have to dominate this tecnique. Feint are very powerfull, you could take a look on a lvl 3 aramusha bot fight style and train your self to do the same. I'm sure you will be very happy with him.

SenBotsu893
11-17-2017, 01:51 AM
indeed the disappointment is real. there was no effert put into him. he does not even have a proper kit.
it once again makes clear that the guy responsible for the online balancing only favours the knights and vikings.

all he got is an attack chain and a full block. both wich have no benefit in using.

invinite chain has less damage than berserkers lacks the hyperarmor and is always top - side -top -side. he should be able to soft faent his regular heavys but he cant because that has been reserved for shaman.

fullblock only rewards 10 hp for the risk of a gb. less usefull than hiddenstance or the regular fullblocks.

rushing wind pales in comparison to celtic curse mix up. celtic cuse has hyperarmor ALL directions and dodge frames on side cancel.
rushing wind is predetermined by guard stance....

they said "tank hybrid" ... 120 hp is assasin at best... but he does not qualyfy as an asssain as well because he lacks dodges and dodge attacks.

its as if they had focused all the strengths towards shaman and all the weaknesses towards aramusha.

Netcode_err_404
11-17-2017, 01:57 AM
If a class does not oneshot with a combo is a disappointment for many.

solho
11-17-2017, 01:59 AM
He is based on feint and light combos. To maximaze his full potential you have to dominate this tecnique. Feint are very powerfull, you could take a look on a lvl 3 aramusha bot fight style and train your self to do the same. I'm sure you will be very happy with him.

Light combos its always the same, you just have to cover up and you cut the chain.. full block its so slow and ur combos are useless, since you can only hit them a light attack, only ONE.he is the only hero that after guardbreak cant heavy attack, heavy attack its SO SLOW that all classes can block it.

It is obvious that this character never tried it, they just left it..

Adremalech
11-17-2017, 02:03 AM
Not sure if this is a troll post or what, but in the right hands, the Aramusha is a monster. He has a pretty high skill ceiling, so if you think he's garbage, that likely means that you haven't quite figured out how to use him. When I'm not ripped apart by squads of Shaman, I do fairly well with him against all classes...except maybe a skilled conqu, but that's not surprising.

solho
11-17-2017, 02:13 AM
"the Aramusha is a monster" ok.. u are ubisoft employee?

SenBotsu893
11-17-2017, 02:18 AM
Not sure if this is a troll post or what, but in the right hands, the Aramusha is a monster. He has a pretty high skill ceiling, so if you think he's garbage, that likely means that you haven't quite figured out how to use him. When I'm not ripped apart by squads of Shaman, I do fairly well with him against all classes...except maybe a skilled conqu, but that's not surprising.

could say the same about kensei or highlander... doesnt change the fact that his kit and stats are severly lacking

JediGamerFurius
11-17-2017, 02:21 AM
Light combos its always the same, you just have to cover up and you cut the chain.. full block its so slow and ur combos are useless, since you can only hit them a light attack, only ONE.he is the only hero that after guardbreak cant heavy attack, heavy attack its SO SLOW that all classes can block it.

It is obvious that this character never tried it, they just left it..
As I said, he is based on feint. Just don't go atk over and over, it won't work of course.

Knight_Raime
11-17-2017, 02:46 AM
I can see why people would compare him to kensei but I feel he's much better than kensei. He's meant to counter attack and apply pressure. Kensei has neither of these and is forced to entirely mind game. He needs something more. Aramusha on the other hand doesn't really. He could be better with some minor changes. But overall I think once the parry+etc changes drop he'll be a lot stronger.

For tips the only one I feel comfortable with giving at this time is mixing heavies into his combo. And using normal feints occasionally.
Blade blockade needs to be approached with a different mindset. how you use it entirely depends on the situation.

Do you want just straight damage? top heavy if the person's guard is not there.
Do you want to go for extra damage and there is a surface near by? Or do you want to create distance to cut pressure off of you? press guard break after countering.
Do you want consistent damage with the potential to do more but there is no surface? Press light attack after countering.
Do you want to risk going for more damage? do left or right heavy after countering it and feint it.

Parrying and standard feint into GB have their uses for Aramusha. But they are not his main means for countering. So you should forget trying to force that and instead use blade blocade more.

SanaMinatozaki-
11-17-2017, 02:52 AM
Roman always treat samurai classes badly. Aramusha has no GB opener. Fully relies on counter attack via full block stance but stance is slow and vulneable to gb. Why can't ubi make aramusha like cent or glad.

The chain need to switch top and side stance continously. Hand feel pain.

Knight_Raime
11-17-2017, 02:57 AM
indeed the disappointment is real. there was no effert put into him. he does not even have a proper kit.
it once again makes clear that the guy responsible for the online balancing only favours the knights and vikings.

all he got is an attack chain and a full block. both wich have no benefit in using.

invinite chain has less damage than berserkers lacks the hyperarmor and is always top - side -top -side. he should be able to soft faent his regular heavys but he cant because that has been reserved for shaman.

fullblock only rewards 10 hp for the risk of a gb. less usefull than hiddenstance or the regular fullblocks.

rushing wind pales in comparison to celtic curse mix up. celtic cuse has hyperarmor ALL directions and dodge frames on side cancel.
rushing wind is predetermined by guard stance....

they said "tank hybrid" ... 120 hp is assasin at best... but he does not qualyfy as an asssain as well because he lacks dodges and dodge attacks.

its as if they had focused all the strengths towards shaman and all the weaknesses towards aramusha.

I want to preface this by saying that I don't think Ara is perfect and there is room for improvement. i'm merely contesting some of your views because I don't agree and i'm looking for a nice back and forth dialogue.

Zerker inf and ara inf are comparable for sure. But in my opinion they share different purposes and it's done this way so they have their identities as a character.
Zerker has more damage and hyper armor. He's designed to be more risky but with a potential better payout.
Ara is more of a counter attacker and defensive. he's got more flexibility and can apply more pressure and keep it going. But at the cost of damage and relying more on the enemy to mess up.
Either way I don't think one is cut and dry better than the other. I think that if what you're looking for is more offense and better damage you should play zerker rather than trying to change ara's identity.

Fullblock can net you 25? damage if you BB and do the top heavy. Far as I know the only time that's not guaranteed is when the person's guard is already resting in top. It can't be switched after being countered. At least by non reflex guard people. i'll have to check with assassins. The point of BB as I elaborated in another comment is to give the Aramusha options meant for very specific situations. It's not meant to be a catch all thing where you BB then do the same thing over and over. If they wanted Ara to be the standard bread and butter parry into optimal punish for tons of damage they would have built his kit like that. The way BB is was done intentionally.

Rushing wind like shamans wildcats rage can change it's direction mid dodge. So say my guard is currently in left and I dash forward. During the dash I can change it to top for a hyper armor strike. Or right to confuse the opponent potentially. Again it depends on how you want to use it. As far as the classification of "tank hybrid" goes I think "tank" comes from blade blockade and his less than stellar dodge distance. Conq and warlord both have full block. Ara does as well technically. Not saying it's an accurate description of him just pointing out potentially why.

Ara could see some improvements. Not being GBable during opening light attack, making all heavy finishers unblockables would both be decent starts. I think you're not giving him enough credit and the community as a whole is undervaluing him. But as I said in the beginning I think he can be better for sure. I just disagree with him being considered as bad as people say. Then again people said the same thing with highlander and I also didn't agree with that.

Adremalech
11-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Roman always treat samurai classes badly. Aramusha has no GB opener. Fully relies on counter attack via full block stance but stance is slow and vulneable to gb. Why can't ubi make aramusha like cent or glad.

I do agree that he definitely needs a heavy off of the GB, and he seems very inconsistent with what he can GB after a parry, and who his overhead off of blade blockade is guaranteed on or off of. So, definitely (what I can assume?) some bugs with him.

JediGamerFurius
11-17-2017, 02:59 AM

I have to agree with you about Roman prefer the vikings, he hates samuray for sure, maybe his wife cheated him with a jap I don't know. In this season its clear that shaman is indeed more powerfull than aramusha.

TheTKOShow
11-17-2017, 03:14 AM
Hi Ubisoft

Rgds,
Sana Minatozaki

You should be tarred and feathered

His mix up game is amazing, light feint on finishing heavy
light spam way to fast. Bye reflex stance
His zone is an unblockable openener that you can feint.
He is easy to block if you go light right light top over and over again
His guard break can land a light witch can start infinite chain
You can also feint the heavy from gb to parry or blockcade

He does not have a dodge attack, but he is a hybrid, and only hybrid with a dodge attack is valk, I'm not counting nobushi bc she doesn't really move.

You just don't get it

TheTKOShow
11-17-2017, 03:25 AM
"the Aramusha is a monster" ok.. u are ubisoft employee?

I second what solhol said
The monster is in the ability to feint to blockade and know what to do their. Can you light feint a counter attack with any other toon?

Sneaky-Patches
11-17-2017, 04:47 AM
Aramusha is a total monster.

What he lacks in gimmick, unique or opening unblockable attacks, he makes up for in spades with probably the most dangerous mixup potential in the game. I see what they were going for with this class.

Problem is currently most aramusha are just spamming top-left-top-right-top-left-top ad infinitum. Where he becomes dangerous is when feinting lots of heavies into these strings of attacks, and due to this, it makes it incredibly hard to commit to attampting a parry (especially deflect) on an aramusha, and to top this off, also very hard to GB due to lightning fast attacks and quick recovery.

Iím calling it now, where this class is going to excel better than every other class in the entire game is when fighting outnumbered. Broad slashes keep enemies at arms length, incredible infinite spam than can fend off plenty of attackers when quick switching, hard to GB, block stance is PERFECT for kicking off extra attackers into walls and such giving you time to fight other attackers, has healing feats, has a jump attack and some dashes to manoeuvre around a little better or catch runners.

Also, has a very good wall splat punish and OOS punish. I speculate they didnít give him a heavy on GB because of the incoming parry-GB nerf we will be seeing soon.

Also on console, he is very hard to play against due to the woeful reaction times since timesnaps removal, but hopefully we will see a fix for lag compensation soon.

(Also if any mods stumble by this, could you pass it on to the bug squashing team? shinobi still gets knocked over by minions, deflect bleed sometimes does not top up on multiple deflects, and revenge activation does not auto parry any of the new heroes since S1. Thanks)

subdude1974
11-17-2017, 05:16 AM
If you learn to play him, unless you play a master turtle, you should beat everybody you face. Sorry, but he is far from a weak player and to say he is just makes you an idiot.

BearKaji
11-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Aramusha is a total monster.

What he lacks in gimmick, unique or opening unblockable attacks, he makes up for in spades with probably the most dangerous mixup potential in the game. I see what they were going for with this class.

Problem is currently most aramusha are just spamming top-left-top-right-top-left-top ad infinitum. Where he becomes dangerous is when feinting lots of heavies into these strings of attacks, and due to this, it makes it incredibly hard to commit to attampting a parry (especially deflect) on an aramusha, and to top this off, also very hard to GB due to lightning fast attacks and quick recovery.

Iím calling it now, where this class is going to excel better than every other class in the entire game is when fighting outnumbered. Broad slashes keep enemies at arms length, incredible infinite spam than can fend off plenty of attackers when quick switching, hard to GB, block stance is PERFECT for kicking off extra attackers into walls and such giving you time to fight other attackers, has healing feats, has a jump attack and some dashes to manoeuvre around a little better or catch runners.

Also, has a very good wall splat punish and OOS punish. I speculate they didnít give him a heavy on GB because of the incoming parry-GB nerf we will be seeing soon.

Also on console, he is very hard to play against due to the woeful reaction times since timesnaps removal, but hopefully we will see a fix for lag compensation soon.

(Also if any mods stumble by this, could you pass it on to the bug squashing team? shinobi still gets knocked over by minions, deflect bleed sometimes does not top up on multiple deflects, and revenge activation does not auto parry any of the new heroes since S1. Thanks)

What i think alot of people forget is the following. As of right now parrying is still meta so i think musha is good in low skill brackets but in high ones your every attack will be blocked or worse parried. In my view musha has the same problem as zerk

And lets not forget BB on lights is very hard and than you can get Gb out of ur lights.

Ujir0
11-17-2017, 01:01 PM
Aramusha is actually quite well balanced however, you need skill to be good with him and a lot of practice.
While that ugly **** shaman is easy to play and has just crazy moves/stamina/dmg/regen etc etc.

It's clear as day that for honor team has a favorite and very sad this shows in the performance of both new chars.

They based aramusha on Miyamoto Musashi but apparently they've not done a lot of research or read the guys book cuz it's a disgrace to the undefeated ronin.

Also, considering both musha and shaman move-sets, musha cant heavy from gb but shaman can?!?!?! XDD
Seriously..punch yourself in the face devs.

Netcode_err_404
11-17-2017, 01:24 PM
What i think alot of people forget is the following. As of right now parrying is still meta so i think musha is good in low skill brackets but in high ones your every attack will be blocked or worse parried. In my view musha has the same problem as zerk

And lets not forget BB on lights is very hard and than you can get Gb out of ur lights.

thats the point dude, blocking and parrying all is still meta, and if you have problem as him which is a very fast class, you won't have a chance with most of the original guys.

PDXGorechild
11-17-2017, 01:31 PM
Awww having to rely on feints to get anywhere? Easily blockable and parryable attacks? Rubbish kit? Putting maxmial effort in with mix up's only to get steamrolled by idiots?

Sounds familiar.

BearKaji
11-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Awww having to rely on feints to get anywhere? Easily blockable and parryable attacks? Rubbish kit? Putting maxmial effort in with mix up's only to get steamrolled by idiots?

Sounds familiar.

Ow yes zerker all over again i mained him

mrmistark
11-17-2017, 03:09 PM
Hmmmm.....what....

Ok, I think we all can agree that he isnít super powerful as far as his move set goes. Heís a one track kind of guy, but make no mistake OP: he has a lot of mix ups tbh.

I think most people donít understand his chains. As long as if you do a side light/heavy, dont Throw out a side heavy unless you want the chain finisher, and alternate between top and sides, the chain will keep going. Same for the top. That being said, now that we are all on the same track as far as how his chains work just in case anyone was still confused:

Aramusha can infinite chain lights, heavies, and an interchange of both. People donít understand how powerful this really is or the fact that a soft feint into light after chain finisher starts a new infinite chain. This makes it very hard for your opponent to react IF YOU KNOW what chain youíre on, what you can do and can think quick enough to do so.

Let me give you the number of possibilities off of a quick 5 string of his infinite chain:

5 from side to top or vice verse, interchanged lights, you can implement a heavy instead of a light anywhere to go into alternating direction heavy-> light, or into all interchanged heavies. The chain finisher can be implemented after the second attack which can be feinted into a light to continue the infinite. You can also heavy feint all heavies into a GB or for full block stance punish, or the zone which again starts the chain, or a simply parry to put them oos. thatís 3 hard feint possibilities, Iím not saying other characters donít have this many too, but to further my point, but we wonít count these as I said specifically for just infinite chain. And the number of possibilities is....

30 including soft feint but no heavy cancels, and thatís with specifically a 5 chain, not canceling before then. Iíd list them all, but frankly thatíd take way too much time and if you understand the chain at all would be pointless anyways.
***EDIT: itís actually somewhere in the 40s-50s, forgot about being able to go from heavy light interchange back to all lights interchanging direction from side to top, and then also can go into chain finisher or a heavy at any point of this which adds way more. Itíd like to see what damage max block damage would do on this guy.

If you still think he has no mix up game then Iíd assume you donít understand even still, exactly what his chain is trying to accomplish. If anything he could use HA on chain finishers only. That would be my one change.

I will say, his weakness comes in the form of his main defense, his full block sword blockade nonsense is really lacking. Unlike what you said in the OP, we do have another hero who doesnít get a heavy on gb: highlander. The thing about HL though is it benefits the player by allowing him to flow into OS for 50/50s and he also has superior lights. The problem with aramusha is he doesnít have a viable punish. You get ring the bell for a guaranteed light damage and reset play, a kick that can be very good situationally but can dodged, follup attacks that can parried or dodged: really nothing appealing other than ďhey guess which one Iím going to do?Ē but it still doesnít make your opponent think much on a reaction. If it isnít ring the bell for next to no damage, then get ready to dodge basically. Punish is trash. I understand the Gb at least a little, because from the light at least you can go into his main attack infinite chain, but the full block serves next to no purpose. If accept the ****iness if it didnít have the Block properties of the worst assassins Block stance.

BearKaji
11-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Hmmmm.....what....

Ok, I think we all can agree that he isnít super powerful as far as his move set goes. Heís a one track kind of guy, but make no mistake OP: he has a lot of mix ups tbh.

I think most people donít understand his chains. As long as if you do a side light/heavy, dont Throw out a side heavy unless you want the chain finisher, and alternate between top and sides, the chain will keep going. Same for the top. That being said, now that we are all on the same track as far as how his chains work just in case anyone was still confused:

Aramusha can infinite chain lights, heavies, and an interchange of both. People donít understand how powerful this really is or the fact that a soft feint into light after chain finisher starts a new infinite chain. This makes it very hard for your opponent to react IF YOU KNOW what chain youíre on, what you can do and can think quick enough to do so.

Let me give you the number of possibilities off of a quick 5 string of his infinite chain:

5 from side to top or vice verse, interchanged lights, you can implement a heavy instead of a light anywhere to go into alternating direction heavy-> light, or into all interchanged heavies. The chain finisher can be implemented after the second attack which can be feinted into a light to continue the infinite. You can also heavy feint all heavies into a GB or for full block stance punish, or the zone which again starts the chain, or a simply parry to put them oos. thatís 3 hard feint possibilities, Iím not saying other characters donít have this many too, but to further my point, but we wonít count these as I said specifically for just infinite chain. And the number of possibilities is....

30 including soft feint but no heavy cancels, and thatís with specifically a 5 chain, not canceling before then. Iíd list them all, but frankly thatíd take way too much time and if you understand the chain at all would be pointless anyways.
***EDIT: itís actually somewhere in the 40s-50s, forgot about being able to go from heavy light interchange back to all lights interchanging direction from side to top, and then also can go into chain finisher or a heavy at any point of this which adds way more. Itíd like to see what damage max block damage would do on this guy.

If you still think he has no mix up game then Iíd assume you donít understand even still, exactly what his chain is trying to accomplish. If anything he could use HA on chain finishers only. That would be my one change.

I will say, his weakness comes in the form of his main defense, his full block sword blockade nonsense is really lacking. Unlike what you said in the OP, we do have another hero who doesnít get a heavy on gb: highlander. The thing about HL though is it benefits the player by allowing him to flow into OS for 50/50s and he also has superior lights. The problem with aramusha is he doesnít have a viable punish. You get ring the bell for a guaranteed light damage and reset play, a kick that can be very good situationally but can dodged, follup attacks that can parried or dodged: really nothing appealing other than ďhey guess which one Iím going to do?Ē but it still doesnít make your opponent think much on a reaction. If it isnít ring the bell for next to no damage, then get ready to dodge basically. Punish is trash. I understand the Gb at least a little, because from the light at least you can go into his main attack infinite chain, but the full block serves next to no purpose. If accept the ****iness if it didnít have the Block properties of the worst assassins Block stance.

I have thought about his BB and its useless right now it needs change. People are already baiting it 90% of the time for a GB punish. We need to or be able to CGB or if we get feinted have a new attack that gives a quick UB light out of AB activation to punish baiting.

Philamonjaro
11-17-2017, 03:48 PM
You're right in saying he's much better than kensei, His infinite light chain is ridiculous at the min. If the first light hits, you can't actually parry any of the following hits, you just have to just block. Not sure if it's intended, or if it can actually be parried but it is very inconsistant, but it's pretty crazy. Not only that, the infinite light chain can be ended by a heavy at any time, which can be feinted back into a light. At the moment people are just treating him like PK 2.0 and I ****ing hate that. He doesn't have the best kit, but he has some interesting mix up potential yet people are just doing the same light spam constantly. Would be nice to see some actual use of his kit.

mrmistark
11-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I havenít had a problem parrying his chain finisher at all when I go for it tbh, though I typically donít. Iíd just block the finisher and try to parry the mid chain heavies as the are the ones that canít be soft feinted.

I also hate that people arenít even attempting to utilize his actual skills but rather exploiting his relitvely quick lights. To be fair, the must use the side into top combination so I always just block top instinctively now rather then worrying about the sides.

SenBotsu893
11-17-2017, 06:44 PM
I want to preface this by saying that I don't think Ara is perfect and there is room for improvement. i'm merely contesting some of your views because I don't agree and i'm looking for a nice back and forth dialogue.

Zerker inf and ara inf are comparable for sure. But in my opinion they share different purposes and it's done this way so they have their identities as a character.
Zerker has more damage and hyper armor. He's designed to be more risky but with a potential better payout.
Ara is more of a counter attacker and defensive. he's got more flexibility and can apply more pressure and keep it going. But at the cost of damage and relying more on the enemy to mess up.
Either way I don't think one is cut and dry better than the other. I think that if what you're looking for is more offense and better damage you should play zerker rather than trying to change ara's identity.

Fullblock can net you 25? damage if you BB and do the top heavy. Far as I know the only time that's not guaranteed is when the person's guard is already resting in top. It can't be switched after being countered. At least by non reflex guard people. i'll have to check with assassins. The point of BB as I elaborated in another comment is to give the Aramusha options meant for very specific situations. It's not meant to be a catch all thing where you BB then do the same thing over and over. If they wanted Ara to be the standard bread and butter parry into optimal punish for tons of damage they would have built his kit like that. The way BB is was done intentionally.

Rushing wind like shamans wildcats rage can change it's direction mid dodge. So say my guard is currently in left and I dash forward. During the dash I can change it to top for a hyper armor strike. Or right to confuse the opponent potentially. Again it depends on how you want to use it. As far as the classification of "tank hybrid" goes I think "tank" comes from blade blockade and his less than stellar dodge distance. Conq and warlord both have full block. Ara does as well technically. Not saying it's an accurate description of him just pointing out potentially why.

Ara could see some improvements. Not being GBable during opening light attack, making all heavy finishers unblockables would both be decent starts. I think you're not giving him enough credit and the community as a whole is undervaluing him. But as I said in the beginning I think he can be better for sure. I just disagree with him being considered as bad as people say. Then again people said the same thing with highlander and I also didn't agree with that.

im glad you at least see that he needs improvments. but you made some moves sound stronger than they are.

rushing wind can not change direction during forward dash. you would think that it should becasue of the way the movement list shows it. but it cant be changed (maybe thats a bug?). that maks 1 of his 3 moves pretty much useless.
and if you already compare it to wildcats rage you should have noticed that wildcats rage is waaaay faster and has waaaaaay better distance.

fullblock guarantees you 10 damage. everything else is extremely inconsistent. kick to wallsplat will only give you 25 + 3 damage (most other characters get from a wallsplat 40+ damage).
furthermore his fullblock only lasts 400 ms after wich he goes into a 500 ms recovery. why would you drop your pants infront of an enemy for only 10 damage?
take a look at warlords fullblock becasue he has no recovery after he lets go of the fullblock. and he can keep it up as long as he wants.
or if you want to compare it to hidden stance since its more of a reaction tool: hidden stance has longer invincibilty AND it can dodge most of those melee hits. AND it can CGB. AND it can just go into second light + bleed.
if you compare all those things you will notice that his second out of his 3 moves is pretty much useless because the risk is higher than the reward you get out of it.

and i dont see how you can pressure someone with a predetermined chain that also lacks damage. especially against things like congq or lawbringer.
if he could softfeint his regular heavys then i see him becoming a little stronger. but as of now getting to the heavy finisher will most likly be interupted.
another thing to add when compared to zerker is the oos punishment or the revenge unblance punishment. just look at the number there is no denying that zerker has the superior chain.

another thing to add: all of the dlc characters have gotten some kind of dedicated opener. you know something where they get basically free damage with. for some reason Aramusha didnt get anything like that. wich is weird because i thought that was pretty much the direction the game was going (i am pretty sure the new kensei move is going to be something like that as well).

he certainly doesnt feel like the "tank hybrid" the he is supposed to be with just the assain hp. but he doesnt qualify as an assin as well since he has not even a dodge attack and cant even dodge out of a flashbang becaue his dodge distance is abysmall.

at any rate he needs a big help if he is supposed to keep up with the upper tier fighters.

mrmistark
11-17-2017, 08:28 PM
A thing I practice for a long time that may help you struggling with him is cut out the normal infinite chain and practice doing a continuos circle of:

Left light-> right heavy finisher-> soft feint top light-> top heavy finisher-> soft feint into right light-> left side heavy finisher Ect.

Then practice starting on each side. So your muscle memory gets used to starting different places.

Next start alternating in a normal heavy in chain (if you attacked with a side light, top heavy, top light do a side heavy) while going back into your soft feint cycle.

Once you mast this it will increase your success exponentially.

The trick is to be conscious about throwing in random heavies, knowing to hard feint sometimes to go for gb or bait for your blade blockade-> kick (careful as it is dodgeable) near hazards OOS or walls and letting the chain finisher go sometimes. Playing aramusha takes a lot of brain power, concentration and not getting excited in the heat of battle, which is all pretty hard.

Itís a real pain to get down and took me a few hours to get down against lv 0 bot, then another few hours to get used to using it in combat against actual attacks and Iím still mess up a lot I wonít lie, but itís progress and Iím getting better each time.

Oh yeah, and I still stand by the blade blockade being trash. Only decent one is the kick if it doesnít get dodged, the rest youíre better off parrying into a light-> infinite combo instead of anticipating and using a very touchy defense system that nets you the same or worse guaranteed damage and less stamina drain. Kick is probably the best of all the follow ups from blade blockade, that is if the opponent doesnít dodge it.

Knight_Raime
11-18-2017, 02:22 AM
im glad you at least see that he needs improvments. but you made some moves sound stronger than they are.

rushing wind can not change direction during forward dash. you would think that it should becasue of the way the movement list shows it. but it cant be changed (maybe thats a bug?). that maks 1 of his 3 moves pretty much useless.
and if you already compare it to wildcats rage you should have noticed that wildcats rage is waaaay faster and has waaaaaay better distance.

fullblock guarantees you 10 damage. everything else is extremely inconsistent. kick to wallsplat will only give you 25 + 3 damage (most other characters get from a wallsplat 40+ damage).
furthermore his fullblock only lasts 400 ms after wich he goes into a 500 ms recovery. why would you drop your pants infront of an enemy for only 10 damage?
take a look at warlords fullblock becasue he has no recovery after he lets go of the fullblock. and he can keep it up as long as he wants.
or if you want to compare it to hidden stance since its more of a reaction tool: hidden stance has longer invincibilty AND it can dodge most of those melee hits. AND it can CGB. AND it can just go into second light + bleed.
if you compare all those things you will notice that his second out of his 3 moves is pretty much useless because the risk is higher than the reward you get out of it.

and i dont see how you can pressure someone with a predetermined chain that also lacks damage. especially against things like congq or lawbringer.
if he could softfeint his regular heavys then i see him becoming a little stronger. but as of now getting to the heavy finisher will most likly be interupted.
another thing to add when compared to zerker is the oos punishment or the revenge unblance punishment. just look at the number there is no denying that zerker has the superior chain.

another thing to add: all of the dlc characters have gotten some kind of dedicated opener. you know something where they get basically free damage with. for some reason Aramusha didnt get anything like that. wich is weird because i thought that was pretty much the direction the game was going (i am pretty sure the new kensei move is going to be something like that as well).

he certainly doesnt feel like the "tank hybrid" the he is supposed to be with just the assain hp. but he doesnt qualify as an assin as well since he has not even a dodge attack and cant even dodge out of a flashbang becaue his dodge distance is abysmall.

at any rate he needs a big help if he is supposed to keep up with the upper tier fighters.

If "rushing wind" is where you dodge forward and you do a smoke poof during this for either left or right attack but do a hyper armor top attack then yes you CAN change it mid dodge. I really don't know what to tell you if you're not pulling it off. All you need to do is input the dodge forward and during that you change your guard stance and then hit heavy. I'm pretty sure this is even stated in the moveset on the left side. However if this isn't the move i'm thinking of I apologize I don't have the move names memorized yet. I can absolutely go make a clip if you still refuse to believe it's possible.

I wasn't comparing for usefulness sake. Just saying that like wildcats rage you can switch the direction mid dodge. That's it. Nothing about bladeblockade is inconsistent. Kick+splat is always side heavy top light for 28 damage. Light is always 10 damage. unblockable side heavies are always guaranteed on low recovery attacks (warden zone, valk/glad dash and dodge attacks) and top heavy is always guaranteed on standard guard heros unless they were already blocking top. For reflex characters it's only guaranteed for heavies you BBed. Each option exists for a specific scenario. That being said i'd be fine with them letting you get the unblockable side heavies if your kick splats someone and top heavy was guaranteed on everyone regardless of what attack was BBed as long as it lost some damage to compensate for the buff.

The amount of switching and feinting+ the speed of my attacks is what's kept people pressured. Conq and LB are going to be exceptions because they both have easy access to stopping combos. I haven't fought either of them enough to say if they are truly bad matchups for Ara but it seems like that way at first glance. Which is fine. I think having unfavorable match ups is key to diversity in a fighter. I think allowing him to soft feint any heavy or do the chain with no requirements would make him too strong. Instead i'd just rather chain finisher heavies be considered unblockable. Which forces a reaction.

Zerks OOS punishment is a black sheep compared to the entire cast. Ara's max OOS punishment is 70 damage. That's good enough. zerks 90 is just overkill. I can't look at revenge because I only really duel. I only speak from a duelist perspective. Centurion doesn't have a reliable opener. Glad's bashes don't give any free damage. So he doesn't have an opener either unless you really want to count his zone as an opener. Shin has slide or kick so sure. You got me there. I won't count highlander's celtic curse mix up as an opener because someone can just stand and parry or block. Shaman does with pounce. So yeah. 2 of the 6 dlc heros.

I don't think he needs "big" help. Just a few minor changes.

SenBotsu893
11-18-2017, 06:27 AM
If "rushing wind" is where you dodge forward and you do a smoke poof during this for either left or right attack but do a hyper armor top attack then yes you CAN change it mid dodge. I really don't know what to tell you if you're not pulling it off. All you need to do is input the dodge forward and during that you change your guard stance and then hit heavy. I'm pretty sure this is even stated in the moveset on the left side. However if this isn't the move i'm thinking of I apologize I don't have the move names memorized yet. I can absolutely go make a clip if you still refuse to believe it's possible.

I wasn't comparing for usefulness sake. Just saying that like wildcats rage you can switch the direction mid dodge. That's it. Nothing about bladeblockade is inconsistent. Kick+splat is always side heavy top light for 28 damage. Light is always 10 damage. unblockable side heavies are always guaranteed on low recovery attacks (warden zone, valk/glad dash and dodge attacks) and top heavy is always guaranteed on standard guard heros unless they were already blocking top. For reflex characters it's only guaranteed for heavies you BBed. Each option exists for a specific scenario. That being said i'd be fine with them letting you get the unblockable side heavies if your kick splats someone and top heavy was guaranteed on everyone regardless of what attack was BBed as long as it lost some damage to compensate for the buff.

The amount of switching and feinting+ the speed of my attacks is what's kept people pressured. Conq and LB are going to be exceptions because they both have easy access to stopping combos. I haven't fought either of them enough to say if they are truly bad matchups for Ara but it seems like that way at first glance. Which is fine. I think having unfavorable match ups is key to diversity in a fighter. I think allowing him to soft feint any heavy or do the chain with no requirements would make him too strong. Instead i'd just rather chain finisher heavies be considered unblockable. Which forces a reaction.

Zerks OOS punishment is a black sheep compared to the entire cast. Ara's max OOS punishment is 70 damage. That's good enough. zerks 90 is just overkill. I can't look at revenge because I only really duel. I only speak from a duelist perspective. Centurion doesn't have a reliable opener. Glad's bashes don't give any free damage. So he doesn't have an opener either unless you really want to count his zone as an opener. Shin has slide or kick so sure. You got me there. I won't count highlander's celtic curse mix up as an opener because someone can just stand and parry or block. Shaman does with pounce. So yeah. 2 of the 6 dlc heros.

I don't think he needs "big" help. Just a few minor changes.

rushing wind is what you think it is (it does not make the smoke puff -> thats the running attack). but go into training mode and try to change directions after the forward dash. you cant. if you are top before the dash you do the hyperarmor slash. if you are side you do the .... well just a plane old side attack. no dodge frames or anything special. the attack is predetermined by your guardstance.

top heavy after bb is a mess at the moment. you said regular stance heroes block it if they are on top right? well not if you bb an enemy aramushas top. warden can block it if his top light got bb, but not if his top heavy got bb. its just inconsistent.
and someone on the forum said its possible to dodge the kick after bb. never seen that happening till now though so dont quote me on this one.
it be nice if the top heavy was just simply comfirmed after a bb. this way you could make decisions like: do you take more damage or lower damage + stun.

max OOS punish for ara is only if you parry an enemy into falling down. you wont get it from a throw into unbalance.

ALL dlc heros with the exception of aramusha have some form of dedicated opener. Moves that ignore guardstance. just because you feel like not acknowledging them doesnt mean they dont have any. some can even use those during their combos. coincidentally the heroes with dedicated openers are also the ones in the upper tier (including OG ones).
And exactly that is missing with aramusha on top of his lack of moves.

also i am mostly playing dominion so glads bashes in itself do damage in my book. never seen a cent/glad/conq without haymaker.

i stay with "big help". minor changes wont cut it.

Knight_Raime
11-18-2017, 08:23 AM
rushing wind is what you think it is (it does not make the smoke puff -> thats the running attack). but go into training mode and try to change directions after the forward dash. you cant. if you are top before the dash you do the hyperarmor slash. if you are side you do the .... well just a plane old side attack. no dodge frames or anything special. the attack is predetermined by your guardstance.

top heavy after bb is a mess at the moment. you said regular stance heroes block it if they are on top right? well not if you bb an enemy aramushas top. warden can block it if his top light got bb, but not if his top heavy got bb. its just inconsistent.
and someone on the forum said its possible to dodge the kick after bb. never seen that happening till now though so dont quote me on this one.
it be nice if the top heavy was just simply comfirmed after a bb. this way you could make decisions like: do you take more damage or lower damage + stun.

max OOS punish for ara is only if you parry an enemy into falling down. you wont get it from a throw into unbalance.

ALL dlc heros with the exception of aramusha have some form of dedicated opener. Moves that ignore guardstance. just because you feel like not acknowledging them doesnt mean they dont have any. some can even use those during their combos. coincidentally the heroes with dedicated openers are also the ones in the upper tier (including OG ones).
And exactly that is missing with aramusha on top of his lack of moves.

also i am mostly playing dominion so glads bashes in itself do damage in my book. never seen a cent/glad/conq without haymaker.

i stay with "big help". minor changes wont cut it.

https://gameclipscontent-d3021.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274830285730-private/4f30a172-fe39-4fce-9f76-fc254c610124.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=oPWzTNdwOZWyrSlMF1EftKEHNQA1E5YnXA3slxPBXtI%3D&__gda__=1510992328_4524c1d520a9d161b1fde0e63790ba6 4

Ignore the first part as I was button fumbling. when I turn to walk back a bit from the pk bot and then turn around is when you should start paying attention. In that clip you can clearly witness my guard stance be on the right but I change it during the dodge and then do a left heavy. And the same thing from left guard to up guard.

I didn't test Aramusha v aramusha with BB. Only warden and LB. In both cases they seemed unable to block the top heavy after wether they used a light or a heavy that I deflected UNLESS their guard was in top already. But as I already mentioned top heavy should be fixed to be guaranteed on anyone regardless of the move or where the guard stance is. But at a cost of going from 25 damage to 20. The only way someone is going to dodge kick is if the person delayed the kick. You don't have to input your attack immediately after countering with BB. So that's most likely what happened if it happened.
Yeah? he's got other punishes that get up close to his 70 damage punish. My point is zerks is overkill. his 70 is already stupidly hard hitting.

Half of the reason something is called an opener is because it's reliable and it gives damage. Centurions kick is not reliable. So it's not considered a valid opener. Other players far better than me think like this. The only one I hesitated to count as an opener was glad's zone. Which does bash and give free damage. What pray tell is highlanders opener? Because celtic curse mix up doesn't open people up. And if you swap to offensive form from neutral in attempts to open me i'll just light you out of it. Ara has unblockable moves. Which do force a reaction. Which does open a turtle.

You misunderstand. When I say minor I don't mean things like "small stamina adjustment" I'm simply stating he only needs 3 maybe 4 changes counting a bug fix. Not a drastic change to his kit. And no I don't consider making his top heavy after BB better a big help. only change i've suggested that I could consider big would be making his chain finishers unblockable. Either way minor vs big i'm more talking tone here. You make it sound like he's drowning and he needs air asap. I think it's more like you're day is going alright. But it could go better.

HumoLoco
11-18-2017, 04:29 PM
Hi Ubisoft

Rgds,
Sana Minatozaki

I dont think he need buff that much. hes really good. but i do agree he need buff a bit. give him a heavy fast a bit. but still he will not able to do heavy on gb due to his infinite combo. it would be good enough for him to go. also for full stance, should be longer a bit. give him a good delay and allow him cancel if he took a bait. then he would be a great hero. and give his chain finisher unblockable. or give him uninterrupted and no hyper armor.

I think his light attack is his main. his heavy p if you go for heavy, you sacrificed your risk. they can stop your heavy that easy compare to his light.

so you would need to get his light attack on them without give a heavy on them. they will go top block. you will have to do mix up. such as light side > heavy side into light top > light side > light top > heavy top into light side > repeat. this would make them watching cut scene til they stop his attack. once they stop you, its useless.

also the chain finisher should be unblockable because they can stop his chain finisher that easy but make them parry it.

in term berserker is better than him because he has uninterrupted and hyper armor. still i like aramusha more than anything.

mrmistark
11-18-2017, 04:48 PM
https://gameclipscontent-d3021.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274830285730-private/4f30a172-fe39-4fce-9f76-fc254c610124.MP4?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=oPWzTNdwOZWyrSlMF1EftKEHNQA1E5YnXA3slxPBXtI%3D&__gda__=1510992328_4524c1d520a9d161b1fde0e63790ba6 4

Ignore the first part as I was button fumbling. when I turn to walk back a bit from the pk bot and then turn around is when you should start paying attention. In that clip you can clearly witness my guard stance be on the right but I change it during the dodge and then do a left heavy. And the same thing from left guard to up guard.

I didn't test Aramusha v aramusha with BB. Only warden and LB. In both cases they seemed unable to block the top heavy after wether they used a light or a heavy that I deflected UNLESS their guard was in top already. But as I already mentioned top heavy should be fixed to be guaranteed on anyone regardless of the move or where the guard stance is. But at a cost of going from 25 damage to 20. The only way someone is going to dodge kick is if the person delayed the kick. You don't have to input your attack immediately after countering with BB. So that's most likely what happened if it happened.
Yeah? he's got other punishes that get up close to his 70 damage punish. My point is zerks is overkill. his 70 is already stupidly hard hitting.

Half of the reason something is called an opener is because it's reliable and it gives damage. Centurions kick is not reliable. So it's not considered a valid opener. Other players far better than me think like this. The only one I hesitated to count as an opener was glad's zone. Which does bash and give free damage. What pray tell is highlanders opener? Because celtic curse mix up doesn't open people up. And if you swap to offensive form from neutral in attempts to open me i'll just light you out of it. Ara has unblockable moves. Which do force a reaction. Which does open a turtle.

You misunderstand. When I say minor I don't mean things like "small stamina adjustment" I'm simply stating he only needs 3 maybe 4 changes counting a bug fix. Not a drastic change to his kit. And no I don't consider making his top heavy after BB better a big help. only change i've suggested that I could consider big would be making his chain finishers unblockable. Either way minor vs big i'm more talking tone here. You make it sound like he's drowning and he needs air asap. I think it's more like you're day is going alright. But it could go better.

If B.B. guarantees top after a block on sides, this would be a game changer and Iíll try I out when I get on, if this holds true much appreciated man. As far as the kick, Iíve never had anyone dodge it except if they were playing an assassin. Iíll try practicing input to double check again. I think itís just recovery time based. I will say the kick has some really great range. Another thing Iíve found throughout playing though is the punishes against bots are not always consistent of what you can and canít do against normal players, and right now players canít handle aramusha just yet very well, so again, I guess weíll see once things get all figured out. I really do hope youíre right about the top heavy after BB.

I agree he only needs a couple of changes. For one BB needs to be longer than 400ms with no recovery. BB canít be used reliably except for extreme circumstances in which one can reliably predetermine, such as an assassin pouncing forward when there is too much ground, a warden sprinting at you, ect. Because all anyone has to do if they see you do it once is feint a decent amount, the recovery time will guarantee nearly any normal heavy attack and it also needs to be consistent as far as allowing a follow up. Iíve had many times it makes the sound and shows full guard stance, but I just barely got it and then because I wanted to kick them into hazard Iím now whiffing a gb while being crushed by a heavy. Just a tweaking of inputs really.

I actually find his chain pretty decent. Not the best but not the worst either, a lot of good feint options, but lacks just a little something.

His throw is also pretty good.

Can we talk about his 2nd feat passive? The one you cant be unbalanced by throws or parry? Definitely balances him out perfectly and actually makes all his crap parry and gb options totally worth it.

If I were to make any changes:

Give Heavy finisher UI: I think this would be exactly the little extra the chain needs honestly. I feel the soft feint gives enough of an advantage in all other aspects.

Increasing his range just slightly: I know that sounds silly, but it would seriously balance out the fact he gets only a light on gb. Treat him as a higher mid ranged character like kensei who in certain circumstances can not be gb after parry. That would defiantly balance a few of his issues there. We see this in HL where he only gets a light on gb and the opponent canít gb after parry and the fact both sides get the same punish for a parry at least makes it more balanced.

BB: just tweak input a bit to allow consistent follow up on last second successful blocks, allow it to be a permanent guard stance like other full block characters or at very least much longer than 400ms and make it 0 recovery time. Make ring the bell a chain starter: this would help a lot honestly and convince me it was actually worth it. Make kick undodgeable against all characters.

Other than all that, I think heís actually very good in all honesty, itís just a couple things holding him back from being balanced with the majority of the cast.

Edit: just now saw your clip is on Xbox, it didnít work (the link I mean) but I am also on Xbox if you want to play sometime. mistARTIK FOX is my gamer tag

SanaMinatozaki-
11-18-2017, 05:16 PM
for now i have decided to stop playing Aramusha until he is buff or change somehow. will play my other heroes.

SenBotsu893
11-18-2017, 05:42 PM

cant watch that clip but i noticed its an xbox thingy. i play on ps4 and as of now you can 100% not change directions (i litterally tribble checked it). gues this goes on to the "ooops not intended" stack.

Again an opener is an opener. how effective it is does not change that its a part of the characters kit. by your logic i could say that Kensei does not have a zone attack and no running attack.

Aramushas unblockable is the zone wich compared to other forms of openers eats a lot of stamina. and compared to something like Raiders zone can not be softcanceled into a stamina drain + stun light attack. if i where to apply your logic of what an opener is then aramushas zone does not qualify to be called an opener.

well at least we agree on that he has to get some form of update.

Helnekromancer
11-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Most i have noticed about Aramusha, is that he can be guardbroken in the middle of his light, more specifically his side light.

Can't tell if his lights are too slow or the devs made gb > lights depending on how fast the light attack is.

Knight_Raime
11-18-2017, 09:23 PM
If B.B. guarantees top after a block on sides, this would be a game changer and I’ll try I out when I get on, if this holds true much appreciated man. As far as the kick, I’ve never had anyone dodge it except if they were playing an assassin. I’ll try practicing input to double check again. I think it’s just recovery time based. I will say the kick has some really great range. Another thing I’ve found throughout playing though is the punishes against bots are not always consistent of what you can and can’t do against normal players, and right now players can’t handle aramusha just yet very well, so again, I guess we’ll see once things get all figured out. I really do hope you’re right about the top heavy after BB.

I agree he only needs a couple of changes. For one BB needs to be longer than 400ms with no recovery. BB can’t be used reliably except for extreme circumstances in which one can reliably predetermine, such as an assassin pouncing forward when there is too much ground, a warden sprinting at you, ect. Because all anyone has to do if they see you do it once is feint a decent amount, the recovery time will guarantee nearly any normal heavy attack and it also needs to be consistent as far as allowing a follow up. I’ve had many times it makes the sound and shows full guard stance, but I just barely got it and then because I wanted to kick them into hazard I’m now whiffing a gb while being crushed by a heavy. Just a tweaking of inputs really.

I actually find his chain pretty decent. Not the best but not the worst either, a lot of good feint options, but lacks just a little something.

His throw is also pretty good.

Can we talk about his 2nd feat passive? The one you cant be unbalanced by throws or parry? Definitely balances him out perfectly and actually makes all his crap parry and gb options totally worth it.

If I were to make any changes:

Give Heavy finisher UI: I think this would be exactly the little extra the chain needs honestly. I feel the soft feint gives enough of an advantage in all other aspects.

Increasing his range just slightly: I know that sounds silly, but it would seriously balance out the fact he gets only a light on gb. Treat him as a higher mid ranged character like kensei who in certain circumstances can not be gb after parry. That would defiantly balance a few of his issues there. We see this in HL where he only gets a light on gb and the opponent can’t gb after parry and the fact both sides get the same punish for a parry at least makes it more balanced.

BB: just tweak input a bit to allow consistent follow up on last second successful blocks, allow it to be a permanent guard stance like other full block characters or at very least much longer than 400ms and make it 0 recovery time. Make ring the bell a chain starter: this would help a lot honestly and convince me it was actually worth it. Make kick undodgeable against all characters.

Other than all that, I think he’s actually very good in all honesty, it’s just a couple things holding him back from being balanced with the majority of the cast.

Edit: just now saw your clip is on Xbox, it didn’t work (the link I mean) but I am also on Xbox if you want to play sometime. mistARTIK FOX is my gamer tag

Keep in mind as far as standard guard heros go I only tested warden and LB. reflex guard wise I only tested orochi and pk. I'm confident in me and my sparring partners reaction times but i'm willing to be wrong. regardless though we all agree top heavy should always be a confirm after deflect.

I think he should either be able to CGB during BB or the recovery after goes away. just to make it feel a little less awkward to use. yeah i'll add you. it would be nice to have someone else to spar with on occasion.

Knight_Raime
11-18-2017, 09:31 PM
cant watch that clip but i noticed its an xbox thingy. i play on ps4 and as of now you can 100% not change directions (i litterally tribble checked it). gues this goes on to the "ooops not intended" stack.

Again an opener is an opener. how effective it is does not change that its a part of the characters kit. by your logic i could say that Kensei does not have a zone attack and no running attack.

Aramushas unblockable is the zone wich compared to other forms of openers eats a lot of stamina. and compared to something like Raiders zone can not be softcanceled into a stamina drain + stun light attack. if i where to apply your logic of what an opener is then aramushas zone does not qualify to be called an opener.

well at least we agree on that he has to get some form of update.

I guess for now we can just call it buggy. since I don't struggle to do so but you do.
That is a false equivalence. Zone attack and running attack are actual written moves in the kits move list. Opener is not. That is a community born term. I'm telling you what the qualifications for an opener is considered to be as far as i've read. You can disagree with that.

Ara's zone does take a lot of stamina. But so does raiders zone. my "logic" is that it has to be from neutral and it has to be reliable. Zone canceling with him right now does seem to be a reliable way to force someone to do something. But I can see the potential that people will get used to it. in the end though I don't think he needs an unblockable bash from neutral. Now if they give you the ability to soft cancel his zone into something else that would feel more in line with his kit.

In general I believe every kit in the game can receive some tweaks. Wether those are nerfs or buffs.

Maxime_Qc-
11-18-2017, 11:19 PM
Delete aramusha grom the game no one want a ****ing super fadt spamming character 100 hit in 16 second is too much wake up *******

JudgeNolan
11-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Im confused about the smoke puff during the sprint attack, is it some kind of dodge?

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 03:43 AM
Delete aramusha grom the game no one want a ****ing super fadt spamming character 100 hit in 16 second is too much wake up *******

Dude, just block. Itís really not that hard. 2 blocked hits stops his chain completely or trade an attack which brings it neutral which will more likely than not be favorable for you as his infinite attacks are low damaging, itís his chain finisher and soft feint lights that do damage. If itís not a chain finisher but a normal heavy in the infinite chain thatís an easy parry. This is a classic case of bashing a character because you donít understand the pattern of his attacks or soft feint. Heís definitely only really mid tier. I hate when people say ďgit gudĒ but this is seriously one of those moments. Itís not like itís a 50/50, an unblockable or even attacks with HA, it doesnít have crazy tracking or anything that really warrants complaints. Itís fair, offers a high skill ceiling and his success is directly correlated to the players skill unlike some other characters that are more new player friendly or can be played very cheeky allow the player to get away with not being proficient in big part of the characters kit.

To answer the question above though, yes itís supposed to be a ďdodgeĒ. He supposedly come from the same clan as shinobi.

Helnekromancer
11-19-2017, 05:16 AM
He just doesn't have enough options it's either "Do I want to light spam or Do I want to light spam " sure you can throw in some heavies but you just risk getting parried and if you feint that heavy with a light it comes out too slow because of the input lag. And if you do a side light you can get guard broken out of it so my only option is to do a top light to start my combo? Sound abit like Orochi. Not sure if it happens on PC but its been happening on console since his release and it frustrates me more than his no heavy on gb.

while Shaman has a list of ways to approach a fight, hell she can win a fight just by using her gap closer because it can attack from any direction and play super safe and cheesy.

And because of that Aramusha just isn't interesting or fun to play, just as cookie cutter as Conqueror.

Rikuto01.tv
11-19-2017, 05:18 AM
Feint are very powerfull,

No.

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 06:48 AM
He just doesn't have enough options it's either "Do I want to light spam or Do I want to light spam " sure you can throw in some heavies but you just risk getting parried and if you feint that heavy with a light it comes out too slow because of the input lag. And if you do a side light you can get guard broken out of it so my only option is to do a top light to start my combo? Sound abit like Orochi. Not sure if it happens on PC but its been happening on console since his release and it frustrates me more than his no heavy on gb.

while Shaman has a list of ways to approach a fight, hell she can win a fight just by using her gap closer because it can attack from any direction and play super safe and cheesy.

And because of that Aramusha just isn't interesting or fun to play, just as cookie cutter as Conqueror.

Wow, I donít think Iíve ever disagreed with a post so much on this forum. I mean no disrespect, if thatís your opinion, right on and my condolences, however my experience is much different.

His leap attack can be canceled which is pretty decent and donít forget his top leap attack has HA that can trade and even if blocked starts off the combo. It can be parried, but if you see that they tend to wait for it, cancel into gb then light into infinite or throw into a hazard or wall. To say he doesnít have any options is simply ludicrous though. He can literally do any chain that any hero can. All lights, all heavies, starting with lights into incorporating heavies, vice versa, soft feinting heavy finishers ect. He doesnít have an opener, that much is true, but between his leap attack with cancel, over 100 different (not an exaggeration) chain possibilities before OOS not even including hard cancel of heavies, a very strong zone for pressuring, a very good distance throw, and 4 options for his B.B., he definitely has many options. Iím not saying he doesnít need a buff of sorts, but he isnít exactly low tier either IMHO. Your problem sound like youíre not using his soft feinting ability, because there is absolutely no input lag at all unless you hard cancel into a light. Itís all dependent on using the opportunities to open up the chain, using is soft feints and hard cancels and continuously at all costs apply pressure. He relies heavily on controlling the pace of the battle. The GB on lights can be a little rough but itís nearly impossible to do this on reaction, itís more of an already planned move that happens to work out for the player performing a gb. If you donít start up about the same time then the light will follow through.

His feint game is quick. Most people canít handle it at the moment. Now thatís not to say in a week everyone wonít stop it easily, but itís fast enough that regardless you will be controlling the pace of the battle as long as you watch your stamina and donít let them get a parry on you. Thatís all on you though and not allowing yourself to be predictable: mixing it up between soft feints, hard cancels mix ups, BB/parry baiting and letting the chain finisher go.

I donít find him cookie cutter at all, and I find him very fun to play. He just takes effort to play well.

Maxime_Qc-
11-19-2017, 05:05 PM
Dude, just block. Itís really not that hard. 2 blocked hits stops his chain completely or trade an attack which brings it neutral which will more likely than not be favorable for you as his infinite attacks are low damaging, itís his chain finisher and soft feint lights that do damage. If itís not a chain finisher but a normal heavy in the infinite chain thatís an easy parry. This is a classic case of bashing a character because you donít understand the pattern of his attacks or soft feint. Heís definitely only really mid tier. I hate when people say ďgit gudĒ but this is seriously one of those moments. Itís not like itís a 50/50, an unblockable or even attacks with HA, it doesnít have crazy tracking or anything that really warrants complaints. Itís fair, offers a high skill ceiling and his success is directly correlated to the players skill unlike some other characters that are more new player friendly or can be played very cheeky allow the player to get away with not being proficient in big part of the characters kit.

To answer the question above though, yes itís supposed to be a ďdodgeĒ. He supposedly come from the same clan as shinobi.

Dude!... i know how To block and sometime i block up To 10 of his light in a row and Guess what....

It doesn't interupt him ! And he still had all his stamina

Chain attack too fast To get parry when you're stuck in it ... and Also too fast To perform a deflect ! So i just block and wait till i Have enought stam to counter it

Anyway stop defending aramusha because you play it !!

Everyone said it for month that this type of character dont have their place in the game

We want technical and complex character that need To feint a lot without turtlting (and thats exactly what shaman is )

A spam fest character who only way To play is to hit the same button for all a game and win... wtf its not fun for anyone even if the character was even more low tier than the allready lowest one

It was not acceptable for pk To hit that fast
So its never gonna be ok for any others character

Get this idea of having a incredebly fast character for yourself out of your head it won't happen .... of course it Will get nerfs because everyone Will leave this game for good now

After all what happen with pk when game came out , bringing this character in the game is really laughingt at our face

Jarl.Felix
11-19-2017, 05:20 PM
OP post makes me laugh so hard .... =))

"I am disappointed with my country samurai, I cannot beat everyone with my no skills by pressing the same button, you suck Ubi " =))

Helnekromancer
11-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with a post so much on this forum. I mean no disrespect, if that’s your opinion, right on and my condolences, however my experience is much different.

His leap attack can be canceled which is pretty decent and don’t forget his top leap attack has HA that can trade and even if blocked starts off the combo. It can be parried, but if you see that they tend to wait for it, cancel into gb then light into infinite or throw into a hazard or wall. To say he doesn’t have any options is simply ludicrous though. He can literally do any chain that any hero can. All lights, all heavies, starting with lights into incorporating heavies, vice versa, soft feinting heavy finishers ect. He doesn’t have an opener, that much is true, but between his leap attack with cancel, over 100 different (not an exaggeration) chain possibilities before OOS not even including hard cancel of heavies, a very strong zone for pressuring, a very good distance throw, and 4 options for his B.B., he definitely has many options. I’m not saying he doesn’t need a buff of sorts, but he isn’t exactly low tier either IMHO. Your problem sound like you’re not using his soft feinting ability, because there is absolutely no input lag at all unless you hard cancel into a light. It’s all dependent on using the opportunities to open up the chain, using is soft feints and hard cancels and continuously at all costs apply pressure. He relies heavily on controlling the pace of the battle. The GB on lights can be a little rough but it’s nearly impossible to do this on reaction, it’s more of an already planned move that happens to work out for the player performing a gb. If you don’t start up about the same time then the light will follow through.

His feint game is quick. Most people can’t handle it at the moment. Now that’s not to say in a week everyone won’t stop it easily, but it’s fast enough that regardless you will be controlling the pace of the battle as long as you watch your stamina and don’t let them get a parry on you. That’s all on you though and not allowing yourself to be predictable: mixing it up between soft feints, hard cancels mix ups, BB/parry baiting and letting the chain finisher go.

I don’t find him cookie cutter at all, and I find him very fun to play. He just takes effort to play well.

I'm glad you are finding him fun, I hope people find him fun so the last Samurai fighter isn't a complete let down. I played Aramusha in PvAI because

1. I wanted to get the hang of him
2. I didn't want to be fodder for a rep 40
3. Wanted to see a lvl 3 Aramusha bot

I did everything you are saying because fighting lvl 3 bots you need to feint, just to fight back and i felt confident knowing a good amount of Aramusha mix ups from playing and seeing Aramusha bots. But taking that into a PvP game doesn't work, he feels slowers, moves don't register, and feinting just leaves you open for an attack, because your light doesn't come out fast enough and unless you are breathing on them the gb doesn't connect. Sure he has feints but EVERYONE has feints that isn't anything brand new, his just come out smoother Other than feints he has infinite chain and a full block/hidden stance. That's it. Feel like they could have given him 2-3 more moves and just got lazy.

They had a dual sword wielding samurai to play with and came up with a infinite chain and a full block stance. Oh and a puff of smoke.

Like I said I'm glad you are enjoying him but playing him on Xbox one he gets chewed up by any and every Shaman and experienced player. I enjoy playing him vs lvl 3 bots because the game is smoother and attacks actually come but playing pvp against red bar players is a train wreck.

Xaviloga
11-19-2017, 05:26 PM
If there are no aramushas spaming lights, whats the problem of nerfing the chain speed?. Yep, you use the light spam and want continue using it, simple. If i dont use a cheap tactic or mechanic i dont really care if they nerf it or not.

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Well itís supposed to. Idk what to tell you then unless youíre playing shaman: apparently there is a bug that you canít get out of his chain which has been brought up already.

Iím not defending him because I spent some time playing with him, Iím defening him because he really isnít that good. His lights do super low damage and seeing as youíre playing an assassin (you said you try to deflect) you could use a light to interrupt him, his attacks donít have HA. Maybe youíre getting the deflect timing wrong? I just donít find him super OP like you do, and thatís ok. Itís ok to have different opinions. Again, sorry he gives you such trouble, but try interrupting it if you canít stop it by blocking.

You said you want a character that has to feint and not turtle. He literally has a combo specifically for feinting into a soft light and he doesnt benefit at all for turtling. Iíd argue shaman is the one of two that horlds no place in the game with the unpunishing demons embrace that can be canceled to boot, but I digress.

His lights really arenít even faster than most of the roster and can be GB out of which is probably the biggest punish for trying to light spam there is. So either gb him out of it, Block or interrupt and trade light for light, yours probably dealing more damage so itís favorable, to make the fight neutral again.

Maxime_Qc-
11-19-2017, 08:39 PM
Wait mrmistark ... are you saying that only shaman suffering from a BUG that making him stuck in aramusha chain!?!

THAT may be m'y problem...

Im allready rep 4 with shaman so most of m'y encounter with aramusha was as a shaman ...

Don't have so much trouble vs aramusha but SOMETIME he seem To enter in a super Sayan mode where he's unstopable and spam spam.spam with revenge and Sharpen blade it become a real joke

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Wait mrmistark ... are you saying that only shaman suffering from a BUG that making him stuck in aramusha chain!?!

THAT may be m'y problem...

Im allready rep 4 with shaman so most of m'y encounter with aramusha was as a shaman ...

Don't have so much trouble vs aramusha but SOMETIME he seem To enter in a super Sayan mode where he's unstopable and spam spam.spam with revenge and Sharpen blade it become a real joke

Thatís what Iíve seen a lot of people saying. I donít really go infinite chain crazy when I play as the musha, so I havenít noticed it yet (donít play shaman yet) but apparently she ends up getting stunlocked sometimes into his infinite.

UbiInsulin
11-19-2017, 09:31 PM
That’s what I’ve seen a lot of people saying. I don’t really go infinite chain crazy when I play as the musha, so I haven’t noticed it yet (don’t play shaman yet) but apparently she ends up getting stunlocked sometimes into his infinite.

Thanks for bringing this up. If anybody has a video clip of this issue, please send it in my direction if possible.

Jarl.Felix
11-19-2017, 10:39 PM
I never undestood how devs think they know how to balance this game =))

Giving a hero the possibility to heavy attack, feint, switch guard , light attack BEFORE other chars can do HALF the heavy attack animation is considered OK by the dev team =))

Amateurs at it's finest.

SenBotsu893
11-19-2017, 11:22 PM
Wow, I donít think Iíve ever disagreed with a post so much on this forum. I mean no disrespect, if thatís your opinion, right on and my condolences, however my experience is much different.

His leap attack can be canceled which is pretty decent and donít forget his top leap attack has HA that can trade and even if blocked starts off the combo. It can be parried, but if you see that they tend to wait for it, cancel into gb then light into infinite or throw into a hazard or wall. To say he doesnít have any options is simply ludicrous though. He can literally do any chain that any hero can. All lights, all heavies, starting with lights into incorporating heavies, vice versa, soft feinting heavy finishers ect. He doesnít have an opener, that much is true, but between his leap attack with cancel, over 100 different (not an exaggeration) chain possibilities before OOS not even including hard cancel of heavies, a very strong zone for pressuring, a very good distance throw, and 4 options for his B.B., he definitely has many options. Iím not saying he doesnít need a buff of sorts, but he isnít exactly low tier either IMHO. Your problem sound like youíre not using his soft feinting ability, because there is absolutely no input lag at all unless you hard cancel into a light. Itís all dependent on using the opportunities to open up the chain, using is soft feints and hard cancels and continuously at all costs apply pressure. He relies heavily on controlling the pace of the battle. The GB on lights can be a little rough but itís nearly impossible to do this on reaction, itís more of an already planned move that happens to work out for the player performing a gb. If you donít start up about the same time then the light will follow through.

His feint game is quick. Most people canít handle it at the moment. Now thatís not to say in a week everyone wonít stop it easily, but itís fast enough that regardless you will be controlling the pace of the battle as long as you watch your stamina and donít let them get a parry on you. Thatís all on you though and not allowing yourself to be predictable: mixing it up between soft feints, hard cancels mix ups, BB/parry baiting and letting the chain finisher go.

I donít find him cookie cutter at all, and I find him very fun to play. He just takes effort to play well.

you seem not to know how this game is played in high level. was watching some streamers in torneys resently and hell am i glad i dont play on pc.
there is NO way to get a chain going. and when he wiffed the first 2 hits for his softcancel it got even parried everytime.

end of story no more options for aramusha. meanwhile gladiators zone attacks warlord headbutts and warden sb go all day.

aramusha is with 100% certainty the weakest hero to be ever released yet.

Herbstlicht
11-19-2017, 11:42 PM
The weakest? Na not really. But thanks to his not so usable and vulnerable block special that hardly gets used, he is the most one dimensional character in the game yet. And that is very sad considering Ubi started to build amazing skill sets for the other new characters. Maybe they just hate the samurai.

mrmistark
11-19-2017, 11:46 PM
^^^ and I thought that my argument with previous posters was bad. Iíd love to see his ďhe is utterly OPĒ argument against your ďutterly worthlessĒ argument.

I donít think he is a very strong character, but he is definitely not the weakest.

E1seNw0Lf
11-19-2017, 11:52 PM
Im confused about the smoke puff during the sprint attack, is it some kind of dodge?
Yes it is a dodge ... a garbage one.
Most of the time u get interrupted. It looks like that move does have dodge frames but they are off as hell.

Another thing is "Rushing Wind (Alternate)". This move is - by his animation - a dodge to the side but you dodge a sh!t with it. Although that move is cancelable, "Rushing Wind (Alternate)" is even worse than the Orochi's "Storm Rush".

Blade Blockade feels responsive as hell, like the old Nobushi "Hidden Stance" was.

There is a lot more about the Aramusha design concept and realization I could rant about but I'm too tired for that...

Learnig curve equal zero - nicely done for honor dev team. It's enough, really it is!:mad:

Knight_Raime
11-20-2017, 12:07 AM
you seem not to know how this game is played in high level. was watching some streamers in torneys resently and hell am i glad i dont play on pc.
there is NO way to get a chain going. and when he wiffed the first 2 hits for his softcancel it got even parried everytime.

end of story no more options for aramusha. meanwhile gladiators zone attacks warlord headbutts and warden sb go all day.

aramusha is with 100% certainty the weakest hero to be ever released yet.

High level play is important for a lot of reasons. But it should never be the only thing you look at when determining things.
Truetalent while obviously not the best out there is recognized for his skill and he's been playing in high ish MMR with ara and doing just fine.
People really need to take a step back here when thinking about defense and offense. Yes defense needs to not be as good. But we also don't want offense to completely roll defense.
Aramusha isn't flawed because he struggles in high level play. He just doesn't ignore defense like some of the one trick gimmicky heros that do.

Really the only difference between a top tier hero and an average hero is an opener. That's it. While openers are important they don't make or break a character in terms of good kit design. The true flaws that ruin a kit are situational as heck moves and bad kit flow. Conq is an example of having both entirely relying on gimmick all block cancel to get anything reasonable with him. Centurion is an example of having both as well. But because he's got stupidly good punishes his bad kit is basically over looked and he's considered strong.

This game is not a true fighting game and thus lacks a lot of things that would help with defensive play like footsies and frame trapping. Being defensive or passive is always going to be strong. The devs goal and what they've been working at is making the rewards from playing defensive/passive not as rewarding. At this point everything hangs on those parry changes and potential GB changes. Anyway i'm rambling.

Aramusha is not the weakest hero in the game, His kit has amazing flow to it. He's got tons of mix ups and options. his only major flaw (besides the bug of being GBed mid light) is how situational his blade blockade is. If they fixed that and left him alone after that he'd absolutely be fine for a majority of players. I enjoy watching high level play man but at some point you have to sit back and realize you yourself don't play in that. You have to consider what suggestions you make will do to lower tier players. In high end play defensive/passive play is always going to be king. And it's completely fine to only have a handful of heros who can easily open them up.

The problem for the base game was that it was too easy and too rewarding to do along side poor OG kit design. The devs have been doing a solid job fixing the first half. if they can manage to fix the really poor OJ heros like conq and goki then the game will be golden.

OLD-R3d.Ra1N
11-20-2017, 05:42 PM
I can only agree with half of this topic

Indeed shaman is way too strong than aramusha, it is because shaman actually have the best kit of the game.
Its probably true that the dev's team hates samurai faction for any reason (the biggest faction, the facction that brought most players to this game)

But I dont think aramusha needs a buff, not now... he is new and everyone will need to spend more than few days to master him
I think you guys can ask for a buff after 5 or 6 weeks.
however, Shaman's nerf is urgent

kbvlcvfkhgc
11-20-2017, 06:09 PM
i too am disappointing with the Aramusha but not for the reason you are,

there are many many things this game sorely needs but infinite light spamming was not one of them,

Helnekromancer
11-20-2017, 06:15 PM
i too am disappointing with the Aramusha but not for the reason you are,

there are many many things this game sorely needs but infinite light spamming was not one of them,

Yea coming from a Nobushi main, I already had my quote on quote "light spammer" hell I have my light spamming Execute too. xD

So when I picked up Aramusha he just felt like a downgrade even his full block/hidden stance was sub par to hers.

SanaMinatozaki-
11-22-2017, 07:04 AM
The weakest? Na not really. But thanks to his not so usable and vulnerable block special that hardly gets used, he is the most one dimensional character in the game yet. And that is very sad considering Ubi started to build amazing skill sets for the other new characters. Maybe they just hate the samurai.

I already given up on aramusha. :(

SanaMinatozaki-
11-22-2017, 07:05 AM
I can only agree with half of this topic

Indeed shaman is way too strong than aramusha, it is because shaman actually have the best kit of the game.
Its probably true that the dev's team hates samurai faction for any reason (the biggest faction, the facction that brought most players to this game)

But I dont think aramusha needs a buff, not now... he is new and everyone will need to spend more than few days to master him
I think you guys can ask for a buff after 5 or 6 weeks.
however, Shaman's nerf is urgent

Hi friend. I agree with you.