PDA

View Full Version : Tribute..Congrats its a blast!!!!!!

CaptainAfrica69
11-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Wow UBI great job this mode is awesome ...very strategy orientated and you need a good team that can communicate ...really nice addition to the game.

CandleInTheDark
11-17-2017, 08:53 PM
I am loving playing tribute. Dominion is likely going to stay my main game as it is coming out in ranked but this is a fresh game for me on maps I rarely get to see.

Turns out the oracle boost is a lot more useful than I thought it would be.I figured that it would never be as useful as the attack or defence buff, but 2-1 up, I was able to guard two shrines and be well on the way to meet those running to claim them while the rest of their team were defending their last.

TioKeir
11-17-2017, 09:58 PM
It's a blast until u have a contract 20 claims in Tribute, then your own teammates start hitting you. That was quite a bad experience, but other than that it's really fun. Oh and like 10 minutes ago we had a guy who was afk farming. *sigh

CandleInTheDark
11-17-2017, 10:24 PM
It's a blast until u have a contract 20 claims in Tribute, then your own teammates start hitting you. That was quite a bad experience, but other than that it's really fun. Oh and like 10 minutes ago we had a guy who was afk farming. *sigh

Ugh that is why I do my orders against ai matchmaking off, teams don't need me spending all my time in the soldier zone (especially as a character not quick at soldier clearing) or letting enemies capture zones so I can up my capture score.

TioKeir
11-17-2017, 10:34 PM
Just had Conq who was trolling and running around with Offering so we had to kill our own teammate. At least he helped us in the end.

UbiJurassic
11-17-2017, 11:16 PM
Glad to hear you all enjoying it, besides the trolling teammate of course. :p

Are there any changes you'd like to see come to the game mode to improve upon it?

TioKeir
11-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Dunno. So far, so good. I think \ ^_^ /

CaptainAfrica69
11-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Very much so ...as a player you should be able to start a fresh game(filled with bots) to ensure that you dont rejoin afk farmers..even if its only allowed every hour.These cheaters really spoil the game and with the current system of matchmaking you cant escape them,,,unless you cant start a fresh match that players can join.

PDXGorechild
11-20-2017, 01:21 PM
I agree, good job! Well thought out and dynamic, Tribute is actually really refreshing and it's renewed my diminishing vigour for the game in combination with trying to get my head around how to fight the new classes, both of which I think are the coolest yet, by the way. I assumed Tribute would be straight up capture the flag, but this spin on a classic game mode really fits in well with For Honour.

I am loving playing tribute. Dominion is likely going to stay my main game as it is coming out in ranked but this is a fresh game for me on maps I rarely get to see.

Turns out the oracle boost is a lot more useful than I thought it would be.I figured that it would never be as useful as the attack or defence buff, but 2-1 up, I was able to guard two shrines and be well on the way to meet those running to claim them while the rest of their team were defending their last.

I like defending with Oracle boost and Defense boost active. This gives you a really good tactical edge for defending being a bit tougher and being able to see where the enemy is coming from, and subsequently cutting them short of getting into your base. When i'm playing with friends I find having 1 defender per shrine active works really well, with the rest attacking.

Are there any changes you'd like to see come to the game mode to improve upon it?

The only changes I would like to see are the positioning of bases on some of the maps. Shipyard is a great example. Cool map, but there's too many places to fall off if you're playing as a attacker (I think?). The side where the wrecked old ship is with all the planks is a nightmare to attack or defend, and generally just ends up being a royal rumble with everyone throwing each other into the water. Makes the whole experience less fun in my opinion, but then i've never been a fan of ledging people...

Illyrian_King
11-20-2017, 01:48 PM

Well there is one thing indeed :rolleyes:

It's about respawn ... It breaks the game a bit, when you have 2 flags and roam out for the last one, while killing other opponnents on your way, so they can respawn at your base and just pick up a flag ... it takes no skill, and rewards players for being defeated.
Everybody should respawn at his own base or near to it, so you can strategically dedicate a player to block some of the routs, that lead back to your own base, while somebody else grabs the last flag.

And then the final showdown :cool:

GeneraISoIo
11-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Thanks Ubi for the awesome new mode!!! I does make you work more as a team and it is a really nice change of pace! Keep up the good work!!

Jedijrobbie
11-20-2017, 08:48 PM
I like the music in this game mode. When itís getting close to the end and the music is just blasting at the end it gets pretty intense. Really enjoying Tribute

David_gorda
11-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Seem to be a bug 1-0 to My team and i guarded our point when time was Out, Numbers changed when tine rub Out, 1-0 to opponent team even though noone took Out point i was guarding.