PDA

View Full Version : A 4 day wait for xbox one patch?

StormsAndSaints
11-16-2017, 06:23 PM
Not only did we get the unlucky position of accidently paying for something included in the season pass which wasn't fixed for almost three days - Now we have to wait four days for the 1.05 patch over PS4.
Either we got the short straw in this relationship or something isn't quite right.

Why I'm angry: I was looking forward to a work-free weekend of AC origins with a patch that fixed ambush at sea mission so it wouldn't steal my inventory (had to delete my game and start afresh) Now I can't do that because xbox seems to be the middle child.

Just needed to vent guys.

macman999
11-16-2017, 06:26 PM
I feel u man, the game is even a bigger mess on PC and we are still running 1.0.3. The game is pretty much unplayable. Haven't played in over a week.

StormsAndSaints
11-16-2017, 06:30 PM
At least Xbox has a release date. PC is still on 1.0.3... TBC. I won't be touching this game again until it gets patched.

Bloody hell.

StormsAndSaints
11-16-2017, 06:31 PM
If xbox is the middle child, PC is the secretly adopted child.

SofaJockey
11-16-2017, 07:24 PM
I notice 'Ambush at Sea' is back up,
though I think I will wait until the actual patch drops, just to be on the safe side...

ProdiGurl
11-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Somebody's gotta wait... it's Xbox this time.... But if your problems aren't gamebreaking, I'd probly wait on another Patch if the graphics are downgraded by it.

LCD_Dave_N7
11-16-2017, 07:41 PM
Yeah, the Assassin's Creed franchise has definitely always leaned towards Sony.

Liberation HD STILL doesn't exist for Xbox according to the Ubisoft Club, mind you, it existed enough for them to happily take my money...

10 years of playing Assassin's Creed games, 100% sync in every title. I even sat through that movie...

SofaJockey
11-16-2017, 07:47 PM
I've managed to experience the 'pixelated tree' on Xbox.
I hadn't noticed it before because I use bow zoom to shoot guards, not to examine flora.

It's not every tree but it seems to impact particular items at a distance of about 100m (if pops in and out of pixelation as I move back and forth, bow drawn).
Now I know what I'm looking for, I can just about see it doing it without the bow being drawn as well.

Respecting that it is likely not working as intended, I find the term 'unplayable' a little extreme.

Hopefully patch 1.05 will help.

Wombles-_-
11-16-2017, 08:23 PM
Not only did we get the unlucky position of accidently paying for something included in the season pass which wasn't fixed for almost three days - Now we have to wait four days for the 1.05 patch over PS4.
Either we got the short straw in this relationship or something isn't quite right.

Why I'm angry: I was looking forward to a work-free weekend of AC origins with a patch that fixed ambush at sea mission so it wouldn't steal my inventory (had to delete my game and start afresh) Now I can't do that because xbox seems to be the middle child.

Your lucky i wish the PS4 was held back too, graphics has definitely took a hit.

AssAsINHoLY
11-17-2017, 12:28 PM

Well at least you know when you will have your game patched. What can we pc players say? We don't even know when the patch will be released for us.

CliveVLewis
11-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Yeah I agree. PC players are nothing getting the patches & game upgrades our systems deserve.

Winterpsy
11-17-2017, 01:34 PM
That's frustrating, I feel you.

Playing on PS4 myself, but in many games what you described happened to PS4.
Worst thing ever happened, when one game decided to patch the PC and left both consoles in a crippled version. It's so infuriating!

bbucha
11-17-2017, 01:37 PM
Somebody's gotta wait... it's Xbox this time.... But if your problems aren't gamebreaking, I'd probly wait on another Patch if the graphics are downgraded by it.

You can't do that on PC if the download is finished it will automatically be applied.Once you are on 1.0.3 there is no turning back.
Im stuck in that situation, and will shelve this Game for now until that "console fix" for the draw distance is removed from the PC platform.
Im just glad that i completed the game in a week off from work right after release.

Breyzipp
11-17-2017, 03:37 PM
The Microsoft patch approval phase just happens to take longer than at Sony, it was the same with the Project CARS 2 version 2.0 patch.

This is nothing Ubisoft can fix unless deliberately delaying the PS4 patch and that would be lame.

From an Xbox One X player

ProdiGurl
11-17-2017, 05:02 PM
You can't do that on PC if the download is finished it will automatically be applied.Once you are on 1.0.3 there is no turning back.
Im stuck in that situation, and will shelve this Game for now until that "console fix" for the draw distance is removed from the PC platform.
Im just glad that i completed the game in a week off from work right after release.
This is so annoying - XB1 does it too (but there's been a recent XBx update, I can only pray it doesn't do forced patch downloading! Why do they force this? There are alot of people who don't want the patches for different reasons. I remember one reason I wouldn't download a patch for Dead Island Riptide is bcuz I was using a 'duplicate weapons' cheat that the patch removed. :mad:
No downloads should be forced. Just one more reason I play offline.

CliveVLewis
11-17-2017, 05:13 PM
This is so annoying - XB1 does it too (but there's been a recent XBx update, I can only pray it doesn't do forced patch downloading! Why do they force this? There are alot of people who don't want the patches for different reasons. I remember one reason I wouldn't download a patch for Dead Island Riptide is bcuz I was using a 'duplicate weapons' cheat that the patch removed. :mad:
No downloads should be forced. Just one more reason I play offline.

I agree that the downloads should not be forced. But you used a 'Duplicate Weapons' cheat LOL

Tsk Tsk Tsk Tsk LOL

ProdiGurl
11-17-2017, 06:34 PM
I agree that the downloads should not be forced. But you used a 'Duplicate Weapons' cheat LOL

Tsk Tsk Tsk Tsk LOL

Hey, there's [literally] no shame in my game! LOL I usually allow myself 1 cheat - I pick the most beneficial one & abuse it to death.
I usually never pick ones for XP or unlimited money, etc. Being a natural hoarder when I play, I get plenty of everything I need .
I pick ones that mostly aid in survival.... I've justified this. hahah

But ya, nothing should be forced as a download except maybe the console updates but not game patches. Esp. when alot of us have crappy Wifi.
At one point, I hooked up to the internet & 3 games were adding patches on top of the Microsoft update. We're talking 3 days worth of content on a slow connection.

Ozymandias_II
11-17-2017, 06:36 PM
I understand Xbox players being displeased with the 1.05 update delay but that can be chalked up to waiting for Microsoft approvals and other technicalities. What Ubisoft is doing with its PC clientele, on the other hand, is disrespectful. There are so many fixes I've seen in patch notes for 1.04 and 1.05 that would enhance the gameplay experience but none of that will make a difference to me now because I'm already done with the game and I won't revisit it until the expansions come out next year. The next AC game that comes out, I'm buying it in the Christmas sale, that way I'll hopefully be playing a finished product and not a beta version with no patches and upgrades.

ProdiGurl
11-17-2017, 06:52 PM
I'm 72 hours in on this game - Lvl 27 & I'll be honest, if the patch downloaded on me & I downgraded my graphics, I would delete ACO & reinstall it to play from scratch.
I'm too in love with the graphics to lose that - the bad thing is I would probly also lose the photo's I took tho. :nonchalance: I'll have to check into that.

Ozymandias_II
11-17-2017, 06:57 PM
I'm 72 hours in on this game - Lvl 27 & I'll be honest, if the patch downloaded on me & I downgraded my graphics, I would delete ACO & reinstall it to play from scratch.
I'm too in love with the graphics to lose that - the bad thing is I would probly also lose the photo's I took tho. :nonchalance: I'll have to check into that.

Make a backup of the game folder now like I have if you have enough space on your PC. If the update downgrades graphics, restore the game folder and turn off automatic updates.

StormsAndSaints
11-17-2017, 07:53 PM

From an xbox POV, when you restart your game fresh, the pics are still there.
I don't know if that applies to PC users.

Ozymandias_II
11-17-2017, 09:24 PM
The pictures are saved on your local drive and on AC's cloud server so yes, they're not going anywhere even if you start a new game. They show up on the map and everything

WhySoSeri0usXxX
11-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Yeah verry wierd choice. I thought the Xbox One x was the base console for AC Origins!

Xbob42
11-19-2017, 03:57 PM
The fact that the PC version is taking the longest, rather than being out several days before every other version (like with most games, no cert time yo) probably signifies them having trouble with their multi-layered DRM BS.

Hopefully it gets removed and soon. It's nothing but an awful headache.

Black_Widow9
11-19-2017, 09:19 PM
Each platform has different testing and approval processes to get patches or content in-game and we want to ensure they are effective. It's not a secret evil plan to favor a certain platform.

CliveVLewis
11-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Each platform has different testing and approval processes to get patches or content in-game and we want to ensure they are effective. It's not a secret evil plan to favor a certain platform.

Well said Black_Widow9

And, for the love of Senu, please do not open new threads on the same topic. Please.