PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty: what am I missing?

chill_green
11-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Am I missing something or is the PVP difficulty balance in this game insane? I could just be a bad player but I've never had a game induce rage-quit on a daily basis before.

I'm only level 5, rank 8 so pretty early on but I've leveled everything in my deck up as much as the resources I've had so far allow (without paying for extra which would level my up anyway). But time and again I'm finding my PVP games turning into a complete whitewash, against opponents with seemingly identical decks to mine. Opponent ramps out creatures quick than me, mine die quicker, etc.

Case in point, I just had a game where both players had Sheriff Cartman, Nathan and the little girl assassin. Almost equal positioning. I don't think a single one of his died and then he ramped out more creatures. Not a unique occurrence.

I'm now at a pay wall where I need to win 4 games but I think I've won 1 in my last 10 to 15. Am I just a bad player or is something wrong?

Also a side note - are the difficulty gauges in the single player game supposed to shoot up to flaming red that quickly? I just had one level at the end of episode 5 which came up as flaming red but when I tried it was super easy. Now I'm questioning if there's a glitch in all the earlier episodes which I've done up to about 4/15 but are all showing as hard.

Drenzul
11-16-2017, 03:54 PM
Combination of several things....

1> Lots of cheaters in the game at the moment
2> Some cards are just OP compared to very similar cards
3> Timing, saving up and deploying in packs can make a big difference.

cashlezz
11-17-2017, 12:19 AM
It's a p2w model so what can you do. Either spend money or wait an exorbitantly long time and put that much effort for small returns. With the hacking still rampant I'd say it's not worth it to put any effort or money into the game.
And yeh, I'm pretty sure if you're losing 10-15 matches and only win 1-2 then it is due to hacks. Assuming equal rank means equal skill level and card upgrades, t
he odds don't work that way.

nik_lin
11-17-2017, 10:55 AM
PVP games turning into a complete whitewash, against opponents with seemingly identical decks to mine. Opponent ramps out creatures quick than me, mine die quicker, etc.

Case in point, I just had a game where both players had Sheriff Cartman, Nathan and the little girl assassin. Almost equal positioning. I don't think a single one of his died and then he ramped out more creatures. Not a unique occurrence.

Keep track of the level of the other player. You level up by investing resources and coins into card upgrades, and they can make a big difference during PvP. So if the other player has spent all his money into the cards you mentioned, while you have hardly upgraded them at all, then yes your verions of the cards will get killed.

Once they get killed, he will play more cards, making the balance tip in his favour even more. Etc.

So if you are level 5 and the other player is several levels higher, you will most likely be defeated.

As another player mentioned though, you also need to consider the timing, which cards you play against other cards, where you place them, etc. If you play for long enough you will notice that some types of cards work as an effective counter against other types, and that depending on which cards you play first, and where you place them, you can use logic of the game to trap and ambush characters on the board.

I have noticed that the other players connection speed can really mess things up though. If you are on a fast connection, and the other player has a lot of lag, you often end up in a situation where your characters keep dying, while the lagging player's characters has low or no damage at all in the end. Or you have to keep re-killing the same character again and again due to the lag.

Anyways... If you keep facing players with higher levels, then you probably need to level up as well (or rank down). Make sure to level up your cards when you can, its a very effective upgrade compared to just upgrading.

If you always experience these problems when you are facing people who are same or lower level than yourself, maybe you need to look into which cards you have in deck (the ones that are good in PvE are not always good in PvP), how you use them, when to save energy so you can counter opponents cards and when to summon everything for a rush, etc...

Sorry, this post turned into something long and meaningless :) The point was supposed to be: higher level = better cards, dont expect to win every time or even 50% of the time if people are several levels higher. Play some PvE, upgrade some cards, get some free card packs and level up yourself :)