PDA

View Full Version : 1.05 patch - Did it fix the graphic or not? - Put you thoughts!

hckh1991
11-16-2017, 12:45 PM
I've just installed 1.05 patch on my ps4 pro and had a long tour across the Egypt.

My verdict is - yes UB did manage to fix some of the graphic issue but not all.

Texture poping and viewing distance in desert and canyons have somewhat improved. General details in rock textures and sand have improved. There still are issues with assets popping out from the hills and ground which is about 80 metres away. You really need to ride your horse around those big dessert and canyon area to compare the difference.

In cities I certainly have no issues with texture popping right in front of Bayek but whenever I view the city from Viewpoint there still are issue with building details such as disappearing wall and roof decorations.

Overall I have not seen any lighting or shadow issue so far.

i cannot make a comment on NPC textures as I have completed entire game so I won't be able to see any cut-scenes.

Frame rate - I experience a little drop to the point of patch 1.03 which is acceptable.

- So IMO - UB still can sell extra console copies to new players who have not seen 1.02 graphic but those old players will not likely to be returning back to the game.
Easiest thing UB can do is just roling the graphic back to 1.02 status.

t0tal1ty79
11-16-2017, 04:58 PM
I've just installed 1.05 patch on my ps4 pro and had a long tour across the Egypt.

My verdict is - yes UB did manage to fix some of the graphic issue but not all.

Texture poping and viewing distance in desert and canyons have somewhat improved. General details in rock textures and sand have improved. There still are issues with assets popping out from the hills and ground which is about 80 metres away. You really need to ride your horse around those big dessert and canyon area to compare the difference.

In cities I certainly have no issues with texture popping right in front of Bayek but whenever I view the city from Viewpoint there still are issue with building details such as disappearing wall and roof decorations.

Overall I have not seen any lighting or shadow issue so far.

i cannot make a comment on NPC textures as I have completed entire game so I won't be able to see any cut-scenes.

Frame rate - I experience a little drop to the point of patch 1.03 which is acceptable.

- So IMO - UB still can sell extra console copies to new players who have not seen 1.02 graphic but those old players will not likely to be returning back to the game.
Easiest thing UB can do is just roling the graphic back to 1.02 status.

I don't see any improvement really to be honest. Bushes textures pop in, tree textures pop in, really bad pop in tgat catches the eye and is really distracting. Stopped playing since 1.04 in hopes this would be fixed. Still not as it was in 1.02.
It is quite staggering how much this game has changed visually since 1.02. Small things like little statues in tombs now have low res textures and look totally different.
On PS4 Pro here just fyi.
Can we have the game rolled back to 1.02 visual settings please.

deskpe
11-16-2017, 08:54 PM
its slightly better than it was before this patch, But i can still literally stand up against or hang onto a texture for soemthing like 30 seconds before it loads in the proper texture.

Octave_Caesar
11-17-2017, 01:30 AM
Before

https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedorigins1dutk.png

After 1.05

https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedoriginsxyuib.png

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dreman99
11-17-2017, 05:08 PM
I'm attempting to play it unpatched later. It looks utterly horrid now. I'm playing on ps4 pro, this is just unacceptable.

bbucha
11-18-2017, 05:36 PM
Before

https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedorigins1dutk.png

After 1.05

https://abload.de/img/assassinscreedoriginsxyuib.png

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Holy cow they further downgraded the holy baby jesus out of it as it seems in your screeny, yeah totally agree roll back everything to 1.0.2, also for PC.
Or make a patch name it 1.06 that removes everything done since 1.02 this is just sheer downgrade madness