PDA

View Full Version : The next AC (Dark Ages/Middle Ages)

amicus83
11-16-2017, 10:20 AM
Please consider this time period Ubi.
There are hundreds of games that revolve around this time or period but
only few if any are historically accurate, instead opting to contend themselves with more mythical material. Skyrim, Dark Souls, The Witcher, to name a few.
If Ubi did this & done right, I trust it could easily become one of the finest medieval games ever made. There are of course countless details to consider, texts & historical data to reference, historians to be consulted etc. At least bring it to the table Ubi.
And yes, that last sentence an inviting thought of a prospective theme. The knights of the round table. Perhaps an exploration closer to the latter stages of the Middle Ages in Great Britain (1100-1200)
Or earlier 600-800.

I've voiced my interest in this period on previous threads, mentioning rough environmental features.

dkaleal
11-16-2017, 09:11 PM
AC origins was set further in the past than any AC game yet..every other game came at least 1000 years after origins. I want another game set in the BC timeline.. and I think the perfect time period in history is the Third Servile War / Spartacus slave revolt.. (For those unfamiliar with Spartacus he was a slave/gladiator to the Roman Empire.. eventually he escaped with 60-70 other slaves from his masters house. They pillaged the country, freeing slaves and gathering men until their numbers swelled to over 100,000 escaped slaves... spartacus proved to be a capable commander.. he repeatedly embarrassed the hell out of the roman armies who marched against him.. winning battle after battle... eventually the revolt was crushed but not before he inflicted serious wounds to Rome.) I think this is a perfect time period... Maybe you play as one of the nameless slaves who escapes with Spartacus.. the assassins approach the slaves seeking an alliance because the Roman Empire is obviously controlled by the templars.. eventually they initiate you, Spartacus, and the other famous gladiators who followed him into the assassin order.. Crixus, Gannicus, etc.... they could also have you play as an assasin who approaches the slaves offering help.. and even tho the revolt is crushed in the end they could easily put a positive spin on it by having them die protecting a piece of eden or something along those lines... could be such a cool game. Especially if you play as a slave/gladiator for the opening few sequences... fighting as a gladiator in the arena would be epic...

amicus83
11-18-2017, 03:58 PM
That would be cool too but I would prefer one in Great Britain, huge forests, rain, mountains, castles. King Arthur/Merlin etc. before going back into BC.