PDA

View Full Version : Question about Elim & Skirmish

xLeapingLizardx
11-16-2017, 06:09 AM
Hey, I have not been able to keep up with the Warrior's Den or the forums in general like I used to before, so I am not up to date on things I suppose.

But, did they decide to fuse Elimination and Skirmish together again? Like you have to que-up for both again? Or is that an unintentional occurrence?

I thought this was proven to be to everyone's disliking back when they had to change it in the beginning. I for one love Elimination but despise Skirmish. So is there going to be a chance for me to play my most hated game mode when I try to que-up for Elim??

I cannot fathom why they would make this decision and hope it is a mistake..

ChampionRuby50g
11-16-2017, 06:24 AM
Yeah, pretty sure it is intentional. I think they did it to combat low player counts in those game modes, and make finding a match easier.

Can confirm though that this didn't work, the playlist is still on Low Activity and still can't find a match in my region.

Tyrjo
11-16-2017, 06:43 AM
Unfortunately they did this. I always cancel matchmaking if it goes into Skirmish because that game mode is so bad.

Illyrian_King
11-16-2017, 12:31 PM
If Ubi listened to me, I would totally shut down these 2 modes ^^

There is only high poplution on Dominion, Duell and Tribute (lets see how long for this one) ...but nobody playes Skirm and Elim.

Make a fine siegemode and replace it with these 2 ones ...

CandleInTheDark
11-16-2017, 12:44 PM
People have been asking for so long for the devs to do something about both of those two modes lacking numbers and the suggestions always amounted to give them extra xp or steel. The devs aren't going to do that because it breaks their reward over time played balancing so I would assume this was the only other means open to them.

This is really the doing of the hardcore honor/gank crowds that make these modes so toxic. I have read so many times, go to skirmish if you want to gank, I have read people tell the honor crowd go to duel or brawl (bearing in mind some people just want a 2v2 in brawl rather than attack one as a pair or have 2(1v1)) if you want 1v1, it has come to the point where one set have taken skirmish, the other have taken elimination and they clash over how they want to play brawl and while there are a few who try to play one or those three and just go with what everyone else is doing, two of them get so toxic that most of the rest of us have called it a day and gone to dominion.

So really I am lacking in empathy for about 90% of the elimination/skirmish playerbase, they have made this problem and now they are going to have to co-exist.

Vakris_One
11-16-2017, 01:12 PM
I'm dissapointed about this back track. It's a step back and it really won't help improve the number of people playing to force them into matchmaking for a mode they don't want to play just to get to the mode they actually wanted to play.

It didn't work the first time so why would it work now? Nothing has been changed about these two modes so why do the devs expect a better result now? All it has done is made doing Elimination/Skirmish Orders annoying again. I would suggest reverting this change and make the two modes seperate again. Nobody likes less options to play how WE want to play, not how a dev prefers we play. If they don't want to do that then delete the Elim/Skirmish orders and replace them with Tribute orders.

Vakris_One
11-16-2017, 01:15 PM
And it's a double shame because now we can't go and directly do a Skirmish match in order to check out the Viking village map in all of its glory with the spikey death roller. The spiked roller isn't in Tribute mode, which sucks :(

DAmisguidedMONK
11-16-2017, 01:55 PM
I one am really happy with the fusion, because im shaman gear grinding and yesterday i played elim and skirmish all day long and did 2 reps in there, seems to move quicker...

CandleInTheDark
11-16-2017, 03:49 PM
I'm dissapointed about this back track. It's a step back and it really won't help improve the number of people playing to force them into matchmaking for a mode they don't want to play just to get to the mode they actually wanted to play.

It didn't work the first time so why would it work now? Nothing has been changed about these two modes so why do the devs expect a better result now? All it has done is made doing Elimination/Skirmish Orders annoying again. I would suggest reverting this change and make the two modes seperate again. Nobody likes less options to play how WE want to play, not how a dev prefers we play. If they don't want to do that then delete the Elim/Skirmish orders and replace them with Tribute orders.

Speaking of orders, yeah the other suggestion has been to make more skirmish/elimination orders and that wouldn't work either. If I am forced to do one of those it is PvAI with matchmaking off and I simply wouldn't do it if it had to be PvP.

I know you have always said play it your way or go with the flow and move on to the next one. For you and people like you this just sucks, but it is those who have behaved badly on all sides who won't go into one or have driven people who don't like the toxicity in deathmatch out into other modes that have done this. I liked the concept of both, more so brawl, but I can't be bothered with the way those games can get when I play to chill out.