PDA

View Full Version : shaman nerf hotfixed needed asap

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 12:16 AM
ok so well been playing for a while and we all know that shaman is extremely op

so Ubisoft i do seriously hope you consider hotfixing the broken shaman and not have centurion treatment

suggested and reasonable Nerfs

1) Shaman bite needs to be unfeintable
2) bleed shouldn't heal at all
3) reduce shaman hp to shinobi level before buff
4) rework shaman headbut or whatever that it's called or reduce the speed , wall splat into wall splat into wallspat , boring and very cheesy

mleonard3090
11-16-2017, 12:47 AM
Agree 100%. Can I add some other fixes...

5. Reduce throw distance (assassin's should not have a throw like she has)
6. Make side dodge/forward dash attacks light rather than heavy (they are fast anyways, this would make a parry more worth it and they wouldn't get the execution).

I'm pretty sure both those are heavies, correct me if I'm wrong.

ChrisTaben2017
11-16-2017, 01:48 AM
Agree 100% she's ruining the game

El_Duderino_RGB
11-16-2017, 02:36 AM
The Shaman without Headbut is ... nothing.. maybe a little poor version of Berserk.. wow

If you are good, u can beat a Shaman in 1on1, just look some Players on Twitch.

In the beginning it always happens that a character is invincible, but only because you do not know exactly how to fight against them and do not know their movements.

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 03:24 AM
The Shaman without Headbut is ... nothing.. maybe a little poor version of Berserk.. wow

In the beginning it always happens that a character is invincible, but only because you do not know exactly how to fight against them and do not know their movements.

Really ? Ty Einstein lol

Thats not the point.

VinDieseII69
11-16-2017, 03:41 AM
for Arashuma, reduce the speed of his infinite top/side attack spam

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Really ? Ty Einstein lol

Thats not the point.

thats the best thing u said today , really some people think they are smart =))

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 10:08 AM

hey Einstein , i beat shaman as well , does that make it less op , i'll tell you whaht Einstein lets give shaman hidden stance and crushing counter strike from each direction abviously shaman are loosing on twich and they need some help ...............................................

Ulrichvonbek111
11-16-2017, 10:17 AM
hey Einstein , i beat shaman as well , does that make it less op , i'll tell you whaht Einstein lets give shaman hidden stance and crushing counter strike from each direction abviously shaman are loosing on twich and they need some help ...............................................

You've got a cheek jumping on other's when you can't even spell.
The thread is for being discussed not for clownshoes like yourself to act smart.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 10:18 AM
The thread is for being discussed not for clownshoes like yourself to act smart.
Another Einstein that think Shaman is fine right ?

DAmisguidedMONK
11-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Another non season pass players? The problem is not the shaman breing too good the problem is the other 16 characters need rework to be like shaman and aramusha!

I feel your pain, if it was for people like you she would be exactly like the berserker getting bodied by any block not even parry. But guess what you need to learn how to parry and dodge so the character will be easier to fight against.

Yes manybe the bite does too much damage but in a 1v2 situation she is not that good and 1v3 useless so i think you guys need to stop playing 1v1 if you cant handle her.

For 3 month the lawbringer, the centurion and othera rapped the berserker and guess what, this is payback and after three days you aleeady ask for nerf! Pathetic, no honor for you! Peace

OneLaw4you
11-16-2017, 10:54 AM
As a new shaman main, just getting her to rep 2 I'll say the bite may be a lil op but it can be dodged pretty easy if you notice you're bleeding. But that's not her biggest strength, it's her unpredictablity. I've destroyed top teir players with her because it's almost impossible to tell what im going to do next. She has no many options to get in your face and trip you up, That you don't even need to use the bite. You'll ever exactly know how to think like a shaman unless you give her a bit of play time. but all these posts about her bite, yet aramashi is running around using infinite attacks and soft faints with ppl saying he's "underwhelming" yeah okay.

Ulrichvonbek111
11-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Another Einstein that think Shaman is fine right ?

No I don't.
Read my own thread before being presumptuous...
She's worse than the Centurion in my opinion.
Now clownshoe read my thread.

ChampionRuby50g
11-16-2017, 11:33 AM

That's pretty rich and hypocritical coming from you, someone whose jumped on heaps of threads to bring up something unrelated or just to flat out insult people out of the blue. Especially considering that in the thread you mentioned you struggle to make a sentence actually make sense.

THE_MAD_KlNG
11-16-2017, 12:45 PM
In my own opinion on this topic I do not think she's o p in any way. I've played with her and got to rep 1 so not a whole lot of time but still some. Her movesets kind of poor in my own opinion. And I don't get jumped on or jump on people a whole lot when I play her. Maybe your experience was different . She's pretty bad in a 1v2.

I do agree it should not be faintable. but maybe once players learn her that will be needed to land it don't know. it's been like 2 days.

give it longer before you start asking for a hot fix/nerg

Knight_Raime
11-16-2017, 01:07 PM
No. Pounce and bite need to be feintable. Shaman has next to no damage from standard attacks. your light light does nothing. and all of your heavies are too slow from neutral. Only dashing heavies are quick enough. Her heal outside bite is also nothing. Like literally go into a practice match with a friend or a bot and take damage as her. Then bleed someone and wail on them. you get barely anything back. There is no reason to reduce her health.

Should she be nerfed? Probably. But I emplore you to actually use her kit instead of only going off of just fighting her. The nerfs I think would be reasonable would be:
~reduce bite damage to a bar instead of a bar and a half. maybe reduce it to a little under a bar.
~remove wall stun capability from pounce. It already gives free attacks on landing and starts mix ups. You don't need free access to a splat when you can throw someone for guaranteed splat damage anyway.
~potentially reduce some damage on heavies/OOS punish.
~reduce damage of bleed attacks. Currently it sits at 25 damage.
~add some recovery to most of her abilities.

I spent the whole day playing as shaman and I gotta say if you're fighting an assassin you're in for a tough fight. Dodge attacks are a hard counter on her. 500ms lights can knock her out of pounce/bite. You can predictably and reliably dodge her pounce/bite provided you're not hugging her. Most classes have a light that can just hit her during her soft feints with heavy. I can go on. Her entire deal is around confusion with cancels and mix ups. she's got no easy/good damage from neutral. And you're not going to reliably land her bleed outside zone. and even then hit or not people can switch to block your bleed poke cancel.

She does have a lot and she is powerful. But she only needs numbers adjusted. Not a complete change to her kit or style.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 02:38 PM
yeah give it 2 seasons before fixing the unbalance between classes =))

people who play her and who don't both agree that she must be nerfed , the disagreement is how should shaman be nerfed , nevertheless nerfed and thats what matters

Devils-_-legacy
11-16-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm taking my first break from the game since I started in s1 till the tracking been fixed follows you round corners not even sure how they bite did a 3 point turn to get me lol and to anyone that says she isn't op she's a pk on sterioids and she's an assassin who feels more like a hybrid and has one of the best kits that's been introduced I don't even think there's another hero as strong as her she's feels like a game breaker tbf

BarbeQMichael
11-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Shaman has next to no damage from standard attacks. your light light does nothing. and all of your heavies are too slow from neutral.

What? Her light attacks are 15dmg/500ms from any direction, which is very good, and her side heavies are 30dmg/800ms which is ridiculously fast & hard hitting comparing for example my highlander who can only hit for 25dmg/1000ms. I haven't still figured how to interrupt or counter her pounce but that might just be because I havent had many chances to try it.

Herbstlicht
11-16-2017, 03:16 PM
No. Pounce and bite need to be feintable. Shaman has next to no damage from standard attacks. your light light does nothing. and all of your heavies are too slow from neutral. Only dashing heavies are quick enough. Her heal outside bite is also nothing. Like literally go into a practice match with a friend or a bot and take damage as her. Then bleed someone and wail on them. you get barely anything back. There is no reason to reduce her health.

Should she be nerfed? Probably. But I emplore you to actually use her kit instead of only going off of just fighting her. The nerfs I think would be reasonable would be:
~reduce bite damage to a bar instead of a bar and a half. maybe reduce it to a little under a bar.
~remove wall stun capability from pounce. It already gives free attacks on landing and starts mix ups. You don't need free access to a splat when you can throw someone for guaranteed splat damage anyway.
~potentially reduce some damage on heavies/OOS punish.
~reduce damage of bleed attacks. Currently it sits at 25 damage.
~add some recovery to most of her abilities.

I spent the whole day playing as shaman and I gotta say if you're fighting an assassin you're in for a tough fight. Dodge attacks are a hard counter on her. 500ms lights can knock her out of pounce/bite. You can predictably and reliably dodge her pounce/bite provided you're not hugging her. Most classes have a light that can just hit her during her soft feints with heavy. I can go on. Her entire deal is around confusion with cancels and mix ups. she's got no easy/good damage from neutral. And you're not going to reliably land her bleed outside zone. and even then hit or not people can switch to block your bleed poke cancel.

She does have a lot and she is powerful. But she only needs numbers adjusted. Not a complete change to her kit or style.

I too think her moveset is fine and should not be changed. Very unique hero. Anyway, it's a lot of numbers that need be changed. If she can't be predicted, her moves have to be reactible. And a 400 ms pounce even after dodge that can be mixed up is as reactible as 400 ms bleed light - it's absolutely not.
Well, the pounce is actually though the tracking is out of this world.
Further, her average health in a match is way above vanguard level. One successful bite alone is sufficient for this. So in my opinion there is a lot of work to be done.

Oupyz
11-16-2017, 05:14 PM
I too think her moveset is fine and should not be changed. Very unique hero. Anyway, it's a lot of numbers that need be changed. If she can't be predicted, her moves have to be reactible. And a 400 ms pounce even after dodge that can be mixed up is as reactible as 400 ms bleed light - it's absolutely not.
Further, her average health in a match is way above vanguard level. One successful bite alone is sufficient for this. So in my opinion there is a lot of work to be done.

the funny thing that pounce can be canceled as well , against many shaman i faced that , the pounce flash but it never go , it's either a bug , or that pounce can be canceled , i hope some of you saw it

D-d0g56
11-16-2017, 06:10 PM
I'm using highlander and I've hadn't had much issue fighting either of them. Shaman is the stronger of the two but isn't as strong as glad or cent.

Knight_Raime
11-16-2017, 08:35 PM
yeah give it 2 seasons before fixing the unbalance between classes =))

people who play her and who don't both agree that she must be nerfed , the disagreement is how should shaman be nerfed , nevertheless nerfed and thats what matters

The 2 seasons meme is getting really old. It won't take 2 seasons. As I pointed out in another thread they are already addressing her tracking with pounce/bite in their next patch which is slated to be mid december. It's reasonable to think there are other changes for her in that patch.

What? Her light attacks are 15dmg/500ms from any direction, which is very good, and her side heavies are 30dmg/800ms which is ridiculously fast & hard hitting comparing for example my highlander who can only hit for 25dmg/1000ms. I haven't still figured how to interrupt or counter her pounce but that might just be because I havent had many chances to try it.

15 damage isn't a lot. Pretty sure the lowest damaging lights is 12. And it doesn't matter how fast those neutral heavies are. The only hero in the game that reasonably lands heavies from neutral is centurion and that's because he's got much faster heavies. I'm not saying that her damage should be buffed. i'm just saying outside of punishes or splats/dodge attacks she doesn't really have it. Pounce/wildcats mix ups are what she relies on to get in and do damage.

I don't think pounce needs to be slowed personally. I think there needs to be more recovery so it's a bit more obvious when feinting. I have seen plenty of people react and block her bleed. So I don't think it needs to be slowed either. But realistically speaking as long as the devs don't super slow either of these things shaman will probably be fine. They already have a fix for her tracking in the next patch. I would like them to do the other suggested nerfs I suggested to pounce and then wait a bit. To see if they really need to nerf health/stamina regen from bite or not. imo it's damage is the bigger problem.

bob333e
11-16-2017, 11:28 PM
I've played for several long hours of Dominion recently. Well in Dominion, Aramushas and Shamans are much more spam-happy than in Duels. Even moreso when it's a 2v1 situation.

Aramusha can spam top-side frantically which is, in itself, in my opinion, way more broken than Shaman's whole kit. Aramusha has full-sized katanas, thus more range, plus has the speed of a Peacekeeper light, if not faster.
I agree about Shaman's pounce needing increased recovery time, removed wall splat, reduced health loss on opponent after bite, and have her kick throw distance reduced, etc. It's an adjustment of numbers across the board for her whole kit and she'll be perfect. She's a really good challenge for the original classes, something new to tame, something new to train hard against. Her feints are awesome and throw the opponent in a huge guessing game, even when the final blow tends to be a safe pounce-heal-execution for the kill, it was still a refreshing and fast-paced fight.

But Aramusha? Most of the Aramusha players I've met tend to spam top-side at low stamina cost for the win. This urgently needs to be addressed.

BearKaji
11-16-2017, 11:53 PM
Guys it could be all a time snap issue if her lights would be more reactable i feel like the tracking a side not such a big problem