PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the Aramusha (Ronin)

EcchiSamurai
11-16-2017, 12:11 AM
The Aramusha is literally a Ronin. Even states so in the little description they give him. I picked him up and went to attack and thought, "wow... his attack speed is kind of slow for a duel wielding swordsman". But then... I was introduced to his 'Up, left, up, right' rinse and repeat light combo. You can't block it, and you can't roll it (at least from my experience thus far). So, we found the speed. But its too fast to block, roll, or even counter. Knowing that they have to go back into the upper/forward guard to continue the light combo, if you try to block or counter it, it'll fail. They hit too fast during this combo...

Its great that theres a duel wielding swordsman who obviously has speed, but in my opinion, its more broken than the Peacekeeper. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this character and if you've had any luck countering his combo?

Rikuto01.tv
11-16-2017, 12:17 AM
You can block it.

EcchiSamurai
11-16-2017, 12:44 AM
If you have a character with good recovery then yeah, you can. But I haven't been able to block it unless I can see the first attack coming.

Claudius_Katt
11-16-2017, 03:17 AM
The assassin class characters have a real hard time with Aramusha due to their Reflex Guard.
Lordvoltaine over on the Reddit forums posted a fantastic method for dealing with Aramusha though, Iíve tested it briefly and it seems to be a reliable way of getting out of the infinite chain.

Iíll share his message below,
Hopefully he doesnt mind me sharing it here,
If he does Iíll remove it ASAP.

Heroes with reflex guard have an incredibly tight window to block an Aramusha's next light attack after a successful one, provided he's chaining at top speed.

Aramusha's light attack chain goes side > top > side > top > side > top.

How to deal with it; take the side hit, and dash forward. You'll deflect unless it's a heavy. If you're worried about this, you can also pre-emptively block top, or try to guess/fuzzyguard sides.

No, you haven't suddenly forgotten how to block light spam, and no you aren't going crazy. This is actually a thing..

RoosterIlluzion
11-16-2017, 04:02 AM
It's a heavy combo.

EcchiSamurai
11-16-2017, 11:41 AM
I still think he just overall needs to be nerfed...

Knight_Raime
11-16-2017, 12:56 PM
I still think he just overall needs to be nerfed...

That would be easier for you instead of learning how to deal with it.
Having guard up top is the way to escape the combo.
If you're an assassin you can always dodge if they just spam light and deflect it.
he can never cross from left to right without going top first.
the one exception is if he attacks with a heavy finisher in the same direction as the last attack and then soft feints it with a light in a different direction.
In order to do that he's got to land 2 hits.

EcchiSamurai
11-16-2017, 11:27 PM
Okay so yes it would overall be easier, but as someone that plays assassins, I know how to escape. But irregardless, its fast and deals a lot of damage for a light combo. Usually I play Orochi and Nobushi, as an Orochi, I can escape and counter but if they catch me in it even for just a few hits the window to escape it is small. You can't roll it either. Not sure if you've tried but nah, you can't. As a Nobushi, the best thing to do is keep your distance and hit him with the quick bleed attacks and take advantage of the special stance the Nobushi has. So yeah, I know how to counter him, but thats not going to stop me from saying he needs to be nerfed. I've taken out quite a few characters with that light combo, and its garbage to say the least to have to rely on that combo, but that combo is just a gateway for a easy win since its hard to block, dodge, or even get out of.

iso_memory
11-16-2017, 11:36 PM
Okay so yes it would overall be easier, but as someone that plays assassins, I know how to escape. But irregardless, its fast and deals a lot of damage for a light combo. Usually I play Orochi and Nobushi, as an Orochi, I can escape and counter but if they catch me in it even for just a few hits the window to escape it is small. You can't roll it either. Not sure if you've tried but nah, you can't. As a Nobushi, the best thing to do is keep your distance and hit him with the quick bleed attacks and take advantage of the special stance the Nobushi has. So yeah, I know how to counter him, but thats not going to stop me from saying he needs to be nerfed. I've taken out quite a few characters with that light combo, and its garbage to say the least to have to rely on that combo, but that combo is just a gateway for a easy win since its hard to block, dodge, or even get out of.

Gladiator main here with a little over 2k hours played.
Aramusha is average. Maybe slightly above average, but average nonetheless. Fighting them on my Glad, I initially got wrecked, so I spent a few hours playing that Aramusha to understand him better. Now while playing, unless I fight the tricky ronin who uses deadly feint properly and hide those heavies in his mix ups, that light spam is pure bliss as it's incredibly easy to deflect. He most certainly doesn't need a nerf. I suggest you do what I did and rethink your opinion a bit.

EcchiSamurai
11-17-2017, 12:43 AM
I've been playing the Aramusha quite a bit as well. Again, its not going to change my opinion even if I can play as him or counter him.

I've also touched the gladiator as well and have noticed that at random times I'd be able to jump 180 degrees around my opponent. Not sure why thats a thing... Anyway, playing as the Aramusha, I've come to at least get a grip on that character a little bit. Hense, why I'm able to counter him with the Orochi and Nobushi. However, his the speed of that light combo is stupid. Once you're caught, you can't block, parry, or escape it unless you have good recovery. I have tried. You can sit there and tell me to get good or whatever, but I have tried. If I wasn't having any issues with this character, I wouldn't have posted the thread.

iso_memory
11-17-2017, 02:05 AM
I've been playing the Aramusha quite a bit as well. Again, its not going to change my opinion even if I can play as him or counter him.

I've also touched the gladiator as well and have noticed that at random times I'd be able to jump 180 degrees around my opponent. Not sure why thats a thing... Anyway, playing as the Aramusha, I've come to at least get a grip on that character a little bit. Hense, why I'm able to counter him with the Orochi and Nobushi. However, his the speed of that light combo is stupid. Once you're caught, you can't block, parry, or escape it unless you have good recovery. I have tried. You can sit there and tell me to get good or whatever, but I have tried. If I wasn't having any issues with this character, I wouldn't have posted the thread.

idk what to tell you, man. I hope you can figure something out though. Most would rather see him get a buff rather than a nerf.