PDA

View Full Version : Stealth kill streak skill almost never works

Elessar_78
11-16-2017, 12:04 AM
It is one of the first skills i worked towards, have been having it for hours now, but it almost never does anything. Maybe twice i saw the XB bonus applied. I have read that it can take a while until it applies but i'm specifically checking what it says in the upper right corner. For instance, while killing all guards in a camp with stealth i got the kill 10 guards without being seen achievement but i never got the XP bonus for the kill streak. When reading that some people get like 200 XP with one kill streak... that's a lot of XP i'm missing out on...

ai_ab
11-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Do you already have the hidden blade? Stealth kill streak starts applying only after you get it. Until then you are taking down the enemies. The bonus XP is applied several minutes after you stealth kill the last enemy, or if the enemy detects and attacks you.

Elessar_78
11-16-2017, 11:23 PM
I do have the hidden blade. Like i said, in most cases i see no XP bonus being applied even after several minutes after the last kill / being detected. Unless it's happening in the background but then they should patch that to make it visible. Why does it need several minutes to apply, anyway? This whole system is not very transparent to the player imho...

twztid13
04-17-2018, 03:03 AM
I guess no one ever bothered to answer this? I wouldn't have wasted AP on this skill had I known it hardly ever worked. Not sure on number of enemies required to kill, if only works with hidden blade & not bows (in which case does a bow kill stop streak, meaning I should get the bonus for the past 5 guys killed with blade in stealth?), when it is applied, when it is shown to the user, on & on. Frustrating that no one knows anything, or they seem to answer their own questions in other forums then disappear never to share the revelations (I would assume they gave up, but they usually post something signaling they have the hang of it, but for all I know they are at end game. I don't want to wait that long). I hate you can't have multiple saves on Xbox for this very type of issue. In any other game, I'd reload a save & not buy that skill. Since Ubi has to protect progress to increase probability of micro transaction purchases, the hardcore gamers get screwed.

TonyGunslinger
04-18-2018, 08:36 PM
It works, but as mentioned it takes several minutes for the game to verify and give you the xp bonus since it's impossible for the game to know when you've "stopped" infiltrating or attacking forts and enemies in an open world environment. If you fast travel, interact with an NPC for a quest, or exit to title screen, the game will know you've "stopped" and it will immediately give you the exp; you can tell by the audio cue and the xp meter glow just before the screen fades.