PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha has a "safe" parry

The_Helhound
11-15-2017, 11:06 PM
Anybody else having a hard time opening up his defense? I never see anyone use his universal block except to clutch when pressured. The reason is that his parry attempts are completely safe. I jump in fully expecting him to fish for a parry. Feint one out with either a soft feint into gb, soft feint into light, or heavy attack to feint. Problem is, only one of those works. His heavy attack comes out so fast that unless your character has a soft feint into light you are going to eat that heavy. Stuck into his chain.

I'm not saying hes overpowered. His chain can be broken out of if you don't panic, his openers are limited, and his gb game is weak. But people are getting better with him and finding out he has a near perfect defense if you use less of his block and more of just hitting through feints with a parry. Is this working as intended? Throught his universal block mechanic was supposed to be central to his kit.

RagnorakInhuman
11-15-2017, 11:23 PM
I havent noticed this trend quite yet. Maybe against one person but yeahbi have also noticed that no one uses his all-block. Overall i think hes pretty balanced except for a few needed buffs. But ill keep playing and pay attention to see if i notice the trends youve mentioned above. Peace.

Knight_Raime
11-15-2017, 11:54 PM
For the record feint baiting also is a poor option against glad and centurion. all 3 peoples heavies are fast enough to ignore that option. The only way feinting works with those 2 plus the new hero Aramusha is if you are feinting to bait our a parry yourself. Feinting to a GB and feinting to a light are not viable options against these heros.