PDA

View Full Version : Both new characters show that FH team has literally 0 clue.

Netcode_err_404
11-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Whats the 2 most hated thigs in the game regarding balancing ?

1)Light spam
2)Turtlling
3)UB spam.

Am I the only one here who notices whats wrong ?

What do we have ?

1) a better version of the kensei with extremely fast attacks, better mixups, and same HP, if not more.

2)The better version of the pk, with centurion's :

- Damage
- Stunlock
-OOs punish
-Better legion kick with confirmed free double damage. That can stun to walls and works as throw off cliffs
- All above less than 500 ms.

Basically the thing is :

Ubisoft: What you as community of our game like ? light spam ? UB that grants free damage that barely consume stamina ?

Community: No, we would like more classes that need to make their game to try to win, you know, cool attacks, nice mixups,

Ubisoft: You wot m8.

I think this is the worse season ever, these characters make obsolete basically all others classes, probably except warlord, raiders, and maybe wardens.

The game didn't need more brainless spam, needs well designed classes, that can do their game, without demolishing ppl by just spamming the same 4 butons.

WHats that ? Since you cannot fix your own game from turtling, you make UB spammable assassins to try to compensate ? So low. Honestly the little faith I had in you guys completely vanished.

What you did with these 2 characters is just a big admission about you having no clue what you are doing.

Even the aramusha that all say is garbage.

yeah, still more viable than pretty much all vanguards, except wardens and stampede abusing raiders.

Still more option than orochi and shugoki, still more mixups than LB and berserker.

This game has been literally destroyed by your absolutely incompetence, And im not talking just about balancing which is ridicolous enough to keep talking about it for weeks, im also talking about discinnects, freezes, crashes, bugs, exploit.

Many of you would just come here and say that im salty because i've lost versus shamans, well, ofc i did, but losing is in my to do list when you duel mainly as HL and kensei beeing aggressive as much as I can. Its not losing that worries me, is losing because such broken mechanics has been added to a game, that originally wasn't meant to have them.

I mean, there is a reason why OG assassins have no UB. A limited throw distance, and no bashes that grants free damage. Or not ?

Right now this game is all about turtling and hope for a lucky GB.

Well, the chances to getting parried as pk are low if compared to raider, kensei, shugoki, nobushi, HL, LB. And with assassins you can't Gb durig heavies, yet you can GB a shugoki on reaction.

Did you guys see the unbalance ?

Im not even asking for nerfs, because there are already dozens of threads demanding it, i just typed what I think its ruining this game beyond the breaking point.

Too ****ing easy cheesy for soo low efforts.

I tried tekken, i liked it, who knows, if on discount i may be playing there.

Have fun. And all others without dlc characters, LOL

gj4063
11-15-2017, 10:17 PM
This process is a thing right out od Wargaming's playbook:
Forget the old and unbalanced. Just start to, on a steady basis, release new characters that are interesting and op. Sell. Sell. Sell. People will assimilate. They'll pay and play fun and op new characters and eventual forget the old. The few who cling to old things are inconsequential.

Shaman with the combination of the best characteristics of all the classes that came before her is prima facie.

T_Sesh
11-15-2017, 10:40 PM
My guess is that each of the DLC character's move sets were actually completed before or shortly after initial release of the game, and since then its mostly been making sure animations were working across any given character match up, bug fixing and play testing. With that in mind, you can see how it'd be difficult for them to react to how people felt about previous classes/certain moves, but this is all just guessing.

Netcode_err_404
11-15-2017, 10:57 PM
This process is a thing right out od Wargaming's playbook:
Forget the old and unbalanced. Just start to, on a steady basis, release new characters that are interesting and op. Sell. Sell. Sell. People will assimilate. They'll pay and play fun and op new characters and eventual forget the old. The few who cling to old things are inconsequential.

Shaman with the combination of the best characteristics of all the classes that came before her is prima facie.

Its not just about shamans, which is ridicolous enough, but i mean, look at the dumbification of this game. Light spam was always a problem due to the turtle meta, so a fast light has more chances to not getting blocked or parried. Which is why pk are in the meta since alpha. Now the same light spam assassins, have accesso to UB and bashes that grant free damsge. LOL

The other problem was wardens and WL, both for dumb reasons, one could keep making you guess for months, the other one just total block > free heavy.

LOOK at the problems now, we have stunlocks, free absurd damage that in most cases deal 3/4 hp to a one class. Free istant UB that guarantee free damage. And its not like " ok, but doing these moves is hard enough to justify the results", nope, the most complex combo is about 2 buttons.

These dlc'as brough us 2 interesting characters, aramusha, because its a viable version of the kensei with probably too much spam involved. And the HL, a class that I LOVE, because his concept is great.

One is good, if you want to try something interesting. The other is a completely forgotten class, that is completely unviable for pretty much every game mode.

Requires too much effort that is outclassed by light spam and UB spam.

The dumbification of this game seems too clear to negate it.

frewbear
11-16-2017, 12:45 AM
I called this months back. The future of FH is nothing but spam and ub trash because Ubisoft have their heads up their asses and couldn't figure the mechanics out even if they tried which they apparently don't. I just watched teams of aramusha and shaman lightspam through blocks, gb mid-parry, recover from a wallsplat before a light could hit them, and jump off the bridge in The Shard and fly almost to the opposite bridge and kill an opponent. It's appalling how many ****ing idiots have paid for the season pass - if you have, you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting a company that routinely ****s on the people who purchase their half-assed excuses for games, and also because you're likely the type of ***** who only plays the op flavour of the week.

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 05:30 AM
sadly what for honor became. . it started with a skilled based fighting game were reaction and good timings counted.. now just get out there with ur easy cheesy moves and completely stomp the enemy if he has no cheesy moves.. :/

atleast all the crybabies got what they wanted.. less skill required and an easy to play game.. just spam 2-3 buttons and ur fine..

FH was never a skill based game.

Pk, warlord, warden.

Do I need to say more ? Like dark souls pvp, can be fun, can be frustrating, cannot be taken seriously

Dude_of_Valor
11-16-2017, 10:56 AM
Whats the 2 most hated thigs in the game regarding balancing ?

1)Light spam
2)Turtlling
3)UB spam.

Am I the only one here who notices whats wrong ?

What do we have ?

1) a better version of the kensei with extremely fast attacks, better mixups, and same HP, if not more.

2)The better version of the pk, with centurion's :

- Damage
- Stunlock
-OOs punish
-Better legion kick with confirmed free double damage. That can stun to walls and works as throw off cliffs
- All above less than 500 ms.

Basically the thing is :

Ubisoft: What you as community of our game like ? light spam ? UB that grants free damage that barely consume stamina ?

Community: No, we would like more classes that need to make their game to try to win, you know, cool attacks, nice mixups,

Ubisoft: You wot m8.

I think this is the worse season ever, these characters make obsolete basically all others classes, probably except warlord, raiders, and maybe wardens.

The game didn't need more brainless spam, needs well designed classes, that can do their game, without demolishing ppl by just spamming the same 4 butons.

WHats that ? Since you cannot fix your own game from turtling, you make UB spammable assassins to try to compensate ? So low. Honestly the little faith I had in you guys completely vanished.

What you did with these 2 characters is just a big admission about you having no clue what you are doing.

Even the aramusha that all say is garbage.

yeah, still more viable than pretty much all vanguards, except wardens and stampede abusing raiders.

Still more option than orochi and shugoki, still more mixups than LB and berserker.

This game has been literally destroyed by your absolutely incompetence, And im not talking just about balancing which is ridicolous enough to keep talking about it for weeks, im also talking about discinnects, freezes, crashes, bugs, exploit.

Many of you would just come here and say that im salty because i've lost versus shamans, well, ofc i did, but losing is in my to do list when you duel mainly as HL and kensei beeing aggressive as much as I can. Its not losing that worries me, is losing because such broken mechanics has been added to a game, that originally wasn't meant to have them.

I mean, there is a reason why OG assassins have no UB. A limited throw distance, and no bashes that grants free damage. Or not ?

Right now this game is all about turtling and hope for a lucky GB.

Well, the chances to getting parried as pk are low if compared to raider, kensei, shugoki, nobushi, HL, LB. And with assassins you can't Gb durig heavies, yet you can GB a shugoki on reaction.

Did you guys see the unbalance ?

Im not even asking for nerfs, because there are already dozens of threads demanding it, i just typed what I think its ruining this game beyond the breaking point.

Too ****ing easy cheesy for soo low efforts.

I tried tekken, i liked it, who knows, if on discount i may be playing there.

Have fun. And all others without dlc characters, LOL

Agree completely. Really dislklie the direction this game is going.

Vakris_One
11-16-2017, 12:17 PM
The direction this game is going in is being more aggressive rather than staring at each other. I'm sorry if you don't like it but this is what the community has been asking for since Season 1.

Me personally I like my fighting games to be about attacking each other and using defensive tactics strategically at the right times. There's a reason they call the genre a "fighting" game instead of a "defending game". So far For Honor's over reliance on defence and that last health bar regen has been a mockery of the fighting genre so I really like the direction this game is finally heading in. It's finally on the right path for a fighting game.

Knight_Raime
11-16-2017, 12:35 PM
The direction this game is going in is being more aggressive rather than staring at each other. I'm sorry if you don't like it but this is what the community has been asking for since Season 1.

Me personally I like my fighting games to be about attacking each other and using defensive tactics strategically at the right times. There's a reason they call the genre a "fighting" game instead of a "defending game". So far For Honor's over reliance on defence and that last health bar regen has been a mockery of the fighting genre so I really like the direction this game is finally heading in. It's finally on the right path for a fighting game.

Literally don't bother with this guy. He's changed his name twice now to troll like names. Right now it's easy anti cheat. Before it was a certain error code. In the beginning it was lord medacidal (probs butchered.) This thread was created specifically to prod a response since most people who are not new are starting to ignore him. The only reason why I can fathom he hasn't been sent off the forums is because he hasn't been flaming hard. Just toxic ish responses occasionally. It's entirely up to a mods discretion on when enough is enough.
I personally moderate a different forum site. What he does is considered trolling,flaming, intent to start flame wars, toxic behavior etc. Only thing he hasn't done that is breaking a rule (for the site I work on) is advertising for another site or product. So I can only guess that while his behavior is bad the mods don't find it to be bad enough. Or he hasn't been reported enough.

I personally have tried on more than one occasion over a span of months to try and have a meaningful and productive conversation. It's always met back with "I don't know what i'm talking about" or some straw man response/insult to try and move the discussion somewhere else because he can't give an actual response back. The only time he's not like this is if you're right along side him with bashing. But if it's not exactly like his he throws you under the bus.

This is going to be my last time I actually openly discuss this. It's off topic. For the record though. This isn't the first time he's complained about unblockable spam either. Last time I argued with him about it he couldn't understand nor accept that unblockables by design are used to open turtles since it forces them to react. Instead of understanding that he chose to just call it skill-less and poor game design. So if you want to argue with him go right ahead. Just don't expect an actual decent conversation.

Nokhchalla
11-16-2017, 03:28 PM
Somebody put it nicely, the guys that designed Shaman also designed Cent, guess who Roman's new main character is, that's right, Shaman.

RatedChaotic6
11-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Somebody put it nicely, the guys that designed Shaman also designed Cent, guess who Roman's new main character is, that's right, Shaman.

Ya all we need now is the announcer saying........Ulllllllltttttttrrrrrraaaaaaa Combo.....lol

Meanwhile my conq main does Shield bash one attack.

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 06:03 PM
Literally don't bother with this guy. He's changed his name twice now to troll like names. Right now it's easy anti cheat. Before it was a certain error code. In the beginning it was lord medacidal (probs butchered.) This thread was created specifically to prod a response since most people who are not new are starting to ignore him. The only reason why I can fathom he hasn't been sent off the forums is because he hasn't been flaming hard. Just toxic ish responses occasionally. It's entirely up to a mods discretion on when enough is enough.
I personally moderate a different forum site. What he does is considered trolling,flaming, intent to start flame wars, toxic behavior etc. Only thing he hasn't done that is breaking a rule (for the site I work on) is advertising for another site or product. So I can only guess that while his behavior is bad the mods don't find it to be bad enough. Or he hasn't been reported enough.

I personally have tried on more than one occasion over a span of months to try and have a meaningful and productive conversation. It's always met back with "I don't know what i'm talking about" or some straw man response/insult to try and move the discussion somewhere else because he can't give an actual response back. The only time he's not like this is if you're right along side him with bashing. But if it's not exactly like his he throws you under the bus.

This is going to be my last time I actually openly discuss this. It's off topic. For the record though. This isn't the first time he's complained about unblockable spam either. Last time I argued with him about it he couldn't understand nor accept that unblockables by design are used to open turtles since it forces them to react. Instead of understanding that he chose to just call it skill-less and poor game design. So if you want to argue with him go right ahead. Just don't expect an actual decent conversation.

Tell us how UB spam on assassins is the right direction to take.

Tell me how by pressing 2 buttons you can deal almost 50 dmg, is considering skill.

Baturai
11-16-2017, 08:41 PM
My Orochi is so helpless.
It hurts my Eyes, That 2 sworded guy has Faster side lights than my Orochi.. Ahahha

Netcode_err_404
11-16-2017, 09:40 PM
My Orochi is so helpless.
It hurts my Eyes, That 2 sworded guy has Faster side lights than my Orochi.. Ahahha

How can ppl main orochi is beyond me.

bob333e
11-16-2017, 11:00 PM
At game launch, it was a crying about Wardens doing vortex, Conquerors being ultra-turtlers, Raiders spamming the Stampede Charge, Peacekeepers / Nobushis dealing free poison, Shugoki getting free health regen while dealing half your health bar in damage. Then came Warlord, about whom many complained has impenetrable defense. Then came Centurion and Shinobi, the most crying was made about them, I don't really need to point out details.

Point is, every character ever since game launch, has a bull$h!t move/tactic. The only difference with season 4 (along with Gladiator from season 3), is that Gladiator, Aramusha, and Shaman aren't one-trick ponies, like most other characters are. As in, they can bull$h!t in more ways than one.

While I do agree with you about Shaman being on an entirely new league, in my mind's eye, it's not the Shaman and Aramusha that need a nerf; it's the rest of the cast that needs a buff (except Gladiator and maybe Centurion and Shinobi, these three are really deadly as-is). And I sure hope development takes that direction (revamping old classes). I'm not saying that the original cast cannot deal with the new releases, they can; however they have to put in extra work and effort in order to do so.

However, Aramusha and Shaman are still new, and henceforth not 100% fully tested. There are things that are borderline unbalanced, for instance, Shaman's throw distance makes no sense. Perhaps some tweaking there. These kinds of things. At release, every new character in previous season had received buffs/nerfs, they'll do the same with Aramusha and Shaman. I only hope they also revisit the original classes.

Netcode_err_404
11-17-2017, 02:07 AM
At game launch, it was a crying about Wardens doing vortex, Conquerors being ultra-turtlers, Raiders spamming the Stampede Charge, Peacekeepers / Nobushis dealing free poison, Shugoki getting free health regen while dealing half your health bar in damage. Then came Warlord, about whom many complained has impenetrable defense. Then came Centurion and Shinobi, the most crying was made about them, I don't really need to point out details.

Point is, every character ever since game launch, has a bull$h!t move/tactic. The only difference with season 4 (along with Gladiator from season 3), is that Gladiator, Aramusha, and Shaman aren't one-trick ponies, like most other characters are. As in, they can bull$h!t in more ways than one.

While I do agree with you about Shaman being on an entirely new league, in my mind's eye, it's not the Shaman and Aramusha that need a nerf; it's the rest of the cast that needs a buff (except Gladiator and maybe Centurion and Shinobi, these three are really deadly as-is). And I sure hope development takes that direction (revamping old classes). I'm not saying that the original cast cannot deal with the new releases, they can; however they have to put in extra work and effort in order to do so.

However, Aramusha and Shaman are still new, and henceforth not 100% fully tested. There are things that are borderline unbalanced, for instance, Shaman's throw distance makes no sense. Perhaps some tweaking there. These kinds of things. At release, every new character in previous season had received buffs/nerfs, they'll do the same with Aramusha and Shaman. I only hope they also revisit the original classes.

how can you expect a rework of 12 characters by the same team that after 5 months barely nerfed warlord and centurions ?

Vakris_One
11-17-2017, 02:33 AM
how can you expect a rework of 12 characters by the same team that after 5 months barely nerfed warlord and centurions ?
Because it's easier and more straight forward to buff under performing heroes than it is to apply careful nerfs around a character that is built around a specific strength so as not to completely destroy them.

Now that the devs have a couple of new benchmark heroes to measure the rest up to it's essentially a matter of equalising every character's viability versus others.

Netcode_err_404
11-17-2017, 03:56 AM
Because it's easier and more straight forward to buff under performing heroes than it is to apply careful nerfs around a character that is built around a specific strength so as not to completely destroy them.

Now that the devs have a couple of new benchmark heroes to measure the rest up to it's essentially a matter of equalising every character's viability versus others.

Many of us don't want assassins with istant Ub that do tons of damage have tons of soft feint and light spam, be the new benchmark

Thats all

Mighty_Mackerel
11-17-2017, 04:13 AM

Yes. I share this exact same opinion.