PDA

View Full Version : To many high level bots

DESTINY_SIX
11-15-2017, 09:44 PM
My congratulations Ubisoft. You just made another your game unplayable or pleasant like working in the mines if you like Person who figure to fill up or AI slots with Bots level 2 and 3 should seriously reconsider his carrier path. From now on every match looks like ganking everyone on one bot after another or beeing ganked by Level 3 bots. Seriously hire someone with brain for change. Its game for God sake, its supouse to be fun not f*king labor.

GeneraISoIo
11-15-2017, 11:11 PM
I agree! I did want the OPTION for level 3 bots, but for goodness sake! Do they not think things through over there at the studio! I would like the OPTION of casual games or hardcore ones. I just started using the Aramusha and the level 3 bots have completely ruined the experience for me. I am having almost zero fun learning him. At least make it go by the skill level of the hero and not the players overall skill level. I have been forced to play custom matches so I can set them all to level 2 just to practice and get good enough to play multiplayer. I get no loot or xp that way. I did not think they could piss me off any more than they already have, but here we are.

StriderBorne
11-16-2017, 06:39 PM
The Bots dont even fight like a real player. They read the input instantly like in the old fighting games and react to that and its a pain in the *** to fight them.
I play some PVP and its easier sometimes than the lvl 3 bots because people will sometimes fall for stuff the bots wont, get distracted, have days they play better or worse...also believe it or not sometimes people want to just play and chill out. I know...heresy.
If you make their 'have fun and chill' game to where its a pain in the ***, they will pick another game to do that with. Its not a complaint, its a fact.

GeneraISoIo
11-16-2017, 06:49 PM
If they can't make it an option, it should go off individual hero skill, not overall player skill. For real, I'm gonna be just as good with a 0 Aramusha as I am with my Rep 17 Conqeror. Yea right!!!!!!!

DESTINY_SIX
11-16-2017, 07:17 PM
I tried again today. Played some dominion games. 4 in row I got 3 bots lvl 3 and one lvl 2. Its a blody joke!. New players just get intantly melted and me ganked by 2/3 bots soon after. Thats it for me. Thats not fun!!. Its f#king frustrating. Even when team gets smartet and pick one bot after another thats not a way to play game for me when 4 ppl spaming one bot! Luckily there are other relaxing games out there. Planty. Never again from Ubisoft!

DESTINY_SIX
11-16-2017, 07:27 PM
Thanx for all those with get better advise. Unfortunately this is a game for me not a lifestyle! I pop up play 45 min, do some orders and out. Have no desire spending hours practising for video game!

Tyrjo
11-16-2017, 07:50 PM
I like the lvl 3 bots, but I can understand that beginners find them hard. :)

I suggested earlier that there should be an indication that shows what level a bot is, that way you can adapt your playstyle accordingly.

El_Duderino_RGB
11-16-2017, 08:16 PM
The bots have been redesigned. In general, the bots have been made stronger, they now grap and parry very often, even level 2 bots.

Level 3 bots are absolutely sick, most of the time unplayable. But still too stupid to solve tasks, such as in Tribute or just revive.

DESTINY_SIX
11-16-2017, 08:21 PM
I can handle lvl 2 on one to one or even 3 with higher level character but one to one. Like now im starting new character, im level 1 other ppl join game with main level around 1-10 play dominion and get 3 bots lvl 3! People just get destroyed and ganked by f#ng bots. How fun is that???!! I dont know a person who can handle 2-3 bots lvl 3 at once.

jmac70
11-16-2017, 10:58 PM
I play 2v2 almost all the time and since this update Iím finding is lvl 3 bots most of the time, itís actually really annoying me now. I would rather have a decent fight with a lvl 2 than get totally slaughtered by a lvl 3. Imo they should mainly be in 4v4s than 1v1 and 2v2s

bob333e
11-16-2017, 11:38 PM
I'll agree that level 3 bots should only show up based on character reputation, not overall player reputation/skill. This is discouraging players from taking new characters for a spin in 4v4 matches. Bots rarely make mistakes, if at all; and a level 3 bot is solely for practice, never for Dominion or Tribute, unless we ask for it by taking a Rep 20 character in a 4v4 match and there's no one to fill the gap. And even then, someone would eventually connect and take the bot's place.

The bigger downside is, for example, a team of Rep 20+ players (overall player reputation) winning against a team of Rep 2-3 people, and most of the losing team rage-quits, only to be replaced by level 3 bots.... and revert the scales in an insulting manner for the winning team. Not everyone is prepared to deal with a level 3 bot, especially in 4v4, because a level 3 bot needs time, you can't kill it quickly and go take a zone; you need time and attention to kill that bot, and by then, you'll get ganked by another bot behind you.

The downside only grows bigger if you take into acount contract orders that need to be completed but you are getting hindered by level 3 bots all the time. For example, perform 20 takedowns, capture 20 zones, land 10 executions, etc. If you're fighting level 3 bots often, even the contract orders will be really difficult to accomplish, which is adding insult to injury to an already over-inflated Steel system where everything is super-expensive and you barely get any Steel per match.

UnhappyLawbro
11-17-2017, 12:07 AM
How ironic. I've been begging for level 3 bots to fight when matchmaking is off yet I'm always seeing lvl 2 bots only. So you guys basically stole what I wish without even wanting them to begin with.

Ubisoft could not have messed this up in a worse way. The only real solution while pleasing both sides is to have the option of choosing bot levels in PvAI when matchmaking is turned off so we could farm for orders, xp and steel according to our own desires.

ChampionRuby50g
11-17-2017, 12:10 AM
I personally don't have as much of a problem with the level 3 bots, when I started playing Shaman and fought nothing but level 3 bots I learned a lot quicker than I would have against some players, or other bots. But I can get behind the idea of making bot levels dependant on character skill/rep instead of overall skill/rep. Except how would this be implemented into Dominion or 4v4, when you have two players on rep 1 chars and the other two are playing their rep 20+ mains. The bots would still jump to level 3 in that situation.

The problem I have with level 3 bots is them reading command inputs. Yesterday I witnessed a Shugo bot parry a 400ms attack 3 times in a row, even when in the middle of a gank with target switching. That is just unfeasible, and I doubt any player can parry as strongly and consistently as they can. I suggest toning down the parry skills of bots but only a little. I have a feeling when Bots go OOS they can tech absolutely anything as well.

bob333e
11-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Good point, mixed up character reps in 4v4 matches complicates the whole thing about bot level if bot level would be based on individual character reputation level. I could see this through in one of these two ways:

- During matchmaking, if there are empty seats with no one to connect, bot level would go with the more prominent individual character reputation ranges present in a given 4v4 match. For example, a bot level 1 will show up if most present players have rep0-1 characters, a bot level 2 will show up if most present players have rep3-8 characters, and a bot level 3 will show up if most present players have rep12+ characters

- Bot level would match the session host character's level if there are empty seats to be filled during matchmaking (though not completely sure about this, if there's a situation where a host with a rep20 character rage-quits against rep2 characters, and a level 3 bot replaces him, it gets harder on the rep2 guys, etc)

I agree about their superhuman parrying, it's somewhat exaggerated, though I believe it's to encourage the use of feints to force a level 3 bot to mess up and then counter and punish; but yes, level 3 bots don't play by the rules. They can still play normally, except sprint maybe, when they're OOS. Also I've noticed, they're the very definition of defensive meta when they're OOS. They won't attack, but you'll barely land any.

bob333e
11-17-2017, 01:25 AM
I should add: in selective PvAI matchmaking (multiplayer), the player should be able to choose whether he wants a level 1,2, or 3 bot to fight against. Would be nice getting some XP and loot off a hard match with a level 3 bot, instead of doing this hard chore in custom match with no rewards whatsoever. Custom match is good for braindead longevity (best of 99, believe me, I did that on my first For Honor day, to get used to my Warden somewhat).

DESTINY_SIX
11-17-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm perfectly fine with bots adjusted to level of character Im playing, but not when Im playing char. Lvl one and get 3 bots lvl 3! Even worst other guys are like Lvl 1-6 in main lvl! Person who though thats a good idea should seriously get some proffesional help!

Plutonium Bug
11-17-2017, 10:18 AM
I like the level 3 bots. It makes it more intense and fun without the stress.
Played on vsAI yesterday and won every single game with players on my side. The only time i struggled was when my team was full of AI but as soon as players started joining we turned it around. I even won a dominion with 102 - 1000+ and there were level 3's. Humans that play smart outclass every single bot in objective modes.

DESTINY_SIX
11-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Dude you are exeptionally good player or liar... Im gonna leave it like that.

JarlYolo
11-17-2017, 03:15 PM
i think lvl 3 bots are 1 of best changes since game is out, having alot of fun and hope it stays this way

Plutonium Bug
11-17-2017, 03:43 PM
Dude you are exeptionally good player or liar... Im gonna leave it like that.

If you are on Xbox add me and we can do some vs AI. I am in the UK timezone and play on Tuesday Evening and Friday afternoon and odd hours during the rest of the week. Definitely not lying. I must say i am playing this game from the Alpha and had some breaks for other games in between but back now as Destiny 2 got boring. So i do have a ton of experience in this game.
To add to this the only time I do really hate level 3's is when I play brawl for the order and my team mate leaves gives me a bot who dies quick and you get 1 v 2 level 3's that is too much.

GeneraISoIo
11-17-2017, 05:24 PM
I have been pretty vocal on this subject. I still think level 3 bots should be optional and you get to choose how many. When I'm playing my Rep 17 Conq, I LOVE the level 3 bots, and when I'm with my friend, I would like the option to make ALL the bots level 3. But when I'm just starting a hero, or just want to play casually, not having the option for level 3 or 2 bots stinks. I did notice a change. When I first played the new season, I got NOTHING but level 3s. Now it seems I only get 2 out of 4 level 3 bots. That helps for when I'm playing a new hero, but as I stated I would sometimes like to have the entire other team be level 3 bots. FOR HONOR, please allow the players to choose the bots and not force them. This would be OPTIMAL!!!!! Maybe make it a matchmaking off kinda thing.

GeneraISoIo
11-17-2017, 09:20 PM
I've been thinking a lot about it and I just don't see how they can give us what we want without giving us the power to choose. Make the bot levels optional. I would love to control the way I grind out levels and loot. If on some days, I just play level 2 bots to practice or just play casually. Or if I feel like I have mastered a hero, I can play level 3 bots. Yes, we have this option in custom matches, but make it available in multiplayer for XP and loot and for the same amount of steel and xp I should add. (MATCHMAKING OFF MAYBE!!!). It will allow players to play at their own speed, and allows them maximum fun for when the connection issues are bringing down the game, which they still are!! Even in PvAi I notice people dropping in and out HARD, I'm not even gonna bother with PvP until dedicated servers are provided. That's why FOR HONOR, you need to get this done and soon. A lot of good games coming out at the beginning of the year.

UbiJurassic
11-17-2017, 11:04 PM
We had a seamless maintenance today to tune back the threshold at which level 3 bots spawn. They shouldn't be as frequent as they were,but the threshold is still higher than it was prior to the Season 4 patch.

Spectre_zx
11-23-2017, 11:38 AM
I have no problem admitting im a casual at this game. I dont play it for the hardcore pvp schtick or to try to challenge myself with every match. Sometimes i just want to relax and make a little progress in some PvAI. Level 2 bots were perfect for that. Just challenging enough that you had to pay attention, but easy enough that i could experiment with and learn the nuances of any hero i played.

Im more of a 80% PvAI and 20% PvPer, but now that i have literally no option to play against lvl 2 bots (where i consider my comfort zone) it really stole the thunder from my enjoyment in the game. Im not interested in custom matches where no progress is made in any match.

I respectfully ask that there be an option to pick what level bot/challenge you wish to fight in PvAI game modes. Hell, if you feel so inclined, adjust the xp and steel rewards to scale with challenge (i.e 50% xp/steel for lvl 1 bots, 75% for lvl 2 bots, 100% for lvl 3 or something of the like) so i at least can pick my challenge and still get some kind or meaningful gain to my preferred play style instead of choosing between PvP (which isnt relaxing or suited to casual play) or PvAI with lvl 3 bots (where you basically get steamrolled every match unless you turtle up and have a poke match with the bot).

I really really like this game and dont want to lose steam in my enjoyment. Please create a setting that allows us to pick our difficulty level in PvAI.

tl;dr please impliment a difficulty selector for PvAI matches asap.

GeneraISoIo
11-23-2017, 04:16 PM
We had a seamless maintenance today to tune back the threshold at which level 3 bots spawn. They shouldn't be as frequent as they were,but the threshold is still higher than it was prior to the Season 4 patch. So no selection option coming in the very near future? Wow, thanks for forcing difficulty on us Ubi. I doubt I keep playing to the new year, but we will see.

GeneraISoIo
11-23-2017, 04:23 PM
We had a seamless maintenance today to tune back the threshold at which level 3 bots spawn. They shouldn't be as frequent as they were,but the threshold is still higher than it was prior to the Season 4 patch.

Also, I dont want you to tone it back! I like them the way it is for my higher level heros, so now that you have lowered the threshold, you have made it even worst, so now less encounters when I want them, and more when I don't. Please Ubi, just make it an option. Casual = the bots before season 4, Hardcore = The threshold released at season 4. BOOM! FIXED IT! Now get-r-done!

bob333e
11-24-2017, 02:06 AM
I wholeheartedly encourage the idea of manual AI difficulty selection in multiplayer PvAI with matchmaking set to off, and rewarding the player based on what difficulty they select. On the same note, I'd also appreciate if I can select the option to have Best of 9 Rounds in duels in multiplayer PvAI, right now they're only in Custom Match and I barely ever touch Custom Match because it yields no XP or loot and I have a character to level up. The only two times I've touched Custom Match were Best of 99 Rounds against a level 3 Warden and a level 3 Centurion, the former was during my first ever day in For Honor to just get used to the game in the hard way, and the latter was a practice grind against a level 3 Centurion bot.

Best of 99 is great for a grind against a level 3 bot and learning how to counter a specific hero, but that's that. I'd like to duel level 3 bots in multiplayer PvAI too, and be rewarded accordingly for it. That would be perfect.