PDA

View Full Version : Aramusha light spam tips please

Wild.Coyote2327
11-15-2017, 04:58 PM
Hi,

So I play on Xbox, and while I find the Shaman to be stronger than Aramusha (way stronger, especially with that tracking), I keep dying to the most basic playstyle while facing Aramusha, lightspam....
That's why I'm making this thread instead of getting frustrated at the game.

When I play with an assassin, I can't seem to stop the Aramusha lightspam. Once he connects once, I'm dead.
Same thing for gank situation, normally I do well while getting ganked, but when it comes to 2 Aramusha spamming lights, I die rather quickly.

So yeah, I'd like some tips on what to do when Aramusha starts spamming light attacks. What's the best thing to do ? I can't dodge, it's too fast to be parried, and I can't seem to block it efficently with reflex guard for some reason.

Thanks for the help.

BTTrinity
11-15-2017, 05:05 PM
Hi,

So I play on Xbox, and while I find the Shaman to be stronger than Aramusha (way stronger, especially with that tracking), I keep dying to the most basic playstyle while facing Aramusha, lightspam....
That's why I'm making this thread instead of getting frustrated at the game.

When I play with an assassin, I can't seem to stop the Aramusha lightspam. Once he connects once, I'm dead.
Same thing for gank situation, normally I do well while getting ganked, but when it comes to 2 Aramusha spamming lights, I die rather quickly.

So yeah, I'd like some tips on what to do when Aramusha starts spamming light attacks. What's the best thing to do ? I can't dodge, it's too fast to be parried, and I can't seem to block it efficently with reflex guard for some reason.

Thanks for the help.

From what I've heard, Aramusha is VERY STRONG vs assassins because of this... He can also be GB'd through all of his attacks, which Im pretty sure is unintended so use it while you can. The best thing I can think of to tell you atm is to not let him start his light chain, outspace him and wait for an opening.

Wild.Coyote2327
11-15-2017, 05:33 PM
That's what I was afraid of. :( I don't enjoy starring/turtling/spacing playstyle, I'm an aggressive player, so it's disappointing being forced to play a way you don't enjoy too.
Well, I guess I'll have to pick a character other than assassins for the moment. Thanks for the response.

BTTrinity
11-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Id call that playstyle "Zoning" but anyway, thats part of every fighting game is being able to switch up your playstyle to deal with something that you're not used to.

Wild.Coyote2327
11-15-2017, 05:57 PM
While I agree you have to adapt and change your playstyle depending on the opponent you're facing, I think the diversity between the characters gives you the opportunity to pick the playstyle you want. I main zerker because of that, I like being aggressive and with him I can always be. No matter which character I face (exept maybe shinobi, simply cause I can't), I'll be right in his face. Aramusha is the first character so far that prevents me from doing that. And the first character that prevents me from simply attacking. If I attacks first I have a chance of winning with my feinting game, but I have short range and he's faster, so... a lot of time he attacks first and it's gg.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if aramusha players wouldn't spam only lights. I mean, I faced a few aramusha players that were using his whole kit and it was good fights, but most of the time it's only full block stance and light spam.

BTTrinity
11-15-2017, 06:12 PM
While I agree you have to adapt and change your playstyle depending on the opponent you're facing, I think the diversity between the characters gives you the opportunity to pick the playstyle you want. I main zerker because of that, I like being aggressive and with him I can always be. No matter which character I face (exept maybe shinobi, simply cause I can't), I'll be right in his face. Aramusha is the first character so far that prevents me from doing that. And the first character that prevents me from simply attacking. If I attacks first I have a chance of winning with my feinting game, but I have short range and he's faster, so... a lot of time he attacks first and it's gg.

It wouldn't be much of a problem if aramusha players wouldn't spam only lights. I mean, I faced a few aramusha players that were using his whole kit and it was good fights, but most of the time it's only full block stance and light spam.

Yeah, I rely heavily on his infinte chain though I do a lot of mixups because if I dont (Here on PC) Ill get blocked every time, so I utilize his soft feints as much as possible.

Tbh Zerker is just a lackluster character, all you gotta do to beat Zerk is not parry, just block. Aramusha exacerbates that problem for sure, so thats probably the main reason Zerk is in the first batch of Reworks. (He, Kensei, and Conq are all getting reworked this season)

bmason1000
11-15-2017, 06:17 PM
His combo has to alternate side/top/side/top etc., so keep that in mind. I'm a zerk player and it's nearly impossible to guess correctly and block the sides, but that top hit IS coming. That's how i stop them.

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 06:38 PM
For now focus on stopping his top hit because in order to continue his infinite chain he always has to come back to a top hit. If he's only throwing out lights then start anticipating that he will always go to a top light after a side light. If you block the top light you break his chain and he has to start over again. It's when he starts soft feinting his top heavies into side lights that it gets really dicey.

Characters with a dodge strike or ones with a hyper armour opener that allows them to trade hits like Highlander fair better against Aramusha than others as they can either power through him or punish him for his over reliance on aggression. The answer to Aramusha's aggression is to go aggressive on him and shut him down that way. Force him to start going for his blade blockade and learn to bait him for a free GB. Again, this is easier for the characters that can trade with hyper armour or have dodge strikes.

Okita_Soji..
11-15-2017, 06:56 PM
With the soft faints the top light doesn't always come, it switches to the side. The fact it uses practically no stamina he can just light spam till death. Assassins should have the highest stamina, heavys the highest health, etc.. I also use an assassin and spent 40 rounds againt the different levels of bots against each before facing the public. The infinite lights to me are worse than the shamen. I've been playing since the start of season 2 and haven't felt both new heros are far better than the original ones until now. You Sure I think the Cent was/is op, but the last 2 heros glad and high were great additions. I'll try again tonight but I might take a break from the game until changes are made..

I do like the new maps and modes thou. It was great to see more modes and they look fantastic.

SenBotsu893
11-15-2017, 07:47 PM
you shut him down the same way you shut down orochi.

block top

his chain is always side - top - side - top and so on

block top position and he no longer has a chain.

BTTrinity
11-15-2017, 08:03 PM

block top

not true cuz he can mix it up with a heavy and keep it going.

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 08:29 PM
With the soft faints the top light doesn't always come, it switches to the side. The fact it uses practically no stamina he can just light spam till death. Assassins should have the highest stamina, heavys the highest health, etc.. I also use an assassin and spent 40 rounds againt the different levels of bots against each before facing the public. The infinite lights to me are worse than the shamen. I've been playing since the start of season 2 and haven't felt both new heros are far better than the original ones until now. You Sure I think the Cent was/is op, but the last 2 heros glad and high were great additions. I'll try again tonight but I might take a break from the game until changes are made..

I do like the new maps and modes thou. It was great to see more modes and they look fantastic.
I'm not sure what changes could be made that wouldn't also delete him as a character. He is built around his infinite chain, that's the only reliable way he has of getting hits in. Sure you can adjust his stamina use but if he can no longer use his soft feint game because of it he's about as dead as a Kensei without dodge strikes and without an unblockable soft feint.

block top

No, he can also go top heavy soft cancel into side light to continue his chain.

Morpheus256
11-15-2017, 09:28 PM
Aramusha can only soft-feint his heavy finisher. If he does side light > top heavy he can't soft-feint.

SenBotsu893
11-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Aramusha can only soft-feint his heavy finisher. If he does side light > top heavy he can't soft-feint.

exactly

thats why its so predictable. if he could soft feint his normal heavys like ... oh like shaman, then it would be unpredictable.
but as of now the feint intensive aramusha is outfeinted by shaman as well lol

Knight_Raime
11-15-2017, 10:10 PM
Blocking top helps if he's just started his chain. If he's landed his 2 hits though it's a toss up. Because he can switch to the opposite side at that point with a soft feinted finisher. Or still go top. If the Aramusha is worth his salt at all he'll be mixing in heavies as I do. Some people can and have parried me for doing that but most are too over whelmed. Even if you block a heavy in his chain he can still keep with the inf combo.

really your best bet with him is just stay in top guard as often as you can and react to everything else.

Herbstlicht
11-15-2017, 10:31 PM

Exactly this. Now you just needa watch his animation, not only your UI and gain some experience. I believe it will take some hours, but at some point defending against him will get .. easier. He will stay strong on console I guess, but have a hard time on PC.

Anyway, if you can, try use range to your advantage. If you can get some distance in and he misses, you are likely to land your own strike.
As for warlord or conq: allblock is useful.
Kensei can go for his dodge with block property, works more often than not and so can valk.

There is actually a lot of ways to deal with light spamming.
Anyway, if you play an assassin, nothing beats deflects or Parry's on his attacks.
Nit saying it's easy though.
However, blocking chains actually is way easier then blocking huts out if nothing.
Maybe it's people those days are no longer used in dealing with chains because 90 % of the roster don't use them. I mean when did we last see a gladiator go for his second light with 600 ms that is rather sure to get parried?
It's rare indeed.

UbiJurassic
11-15-2017, 11:14 PM
These are some great tips everyone! I'm learning a bit on how best to deal with Aramusha here myself. ;)

The_Helhound
11-15-2017, 11:25 PM
While it is true that his combo is predictable unless he feints, the problem is some characters guards dont switch stances quick enough to actually block it. In fact a lot of characters cant block out of it unless he swotches to heavy. Assassins can only deflect to get out of the infinite chain, he butchers them if they miss even one deflection while they're being swatted around. Deflect has such a tiny enough window as is, making it your only defense is brutal. However this strength against assassins could be balanced by the fact heavies crush him. Turtle up a bit and try and try to force him to swing or rush first and his combo wont ever start.

Think someone else mentioned he also doesnt have an attack you can gb through. His heavies come out too fast. You could say this is balanced by his gb game being ****ty, but man is it hard to crack him open.

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 11:39 PM
Right you are. I just re-watched True's video on the Aramusha's moves and paid close attention to how he can use his heavy to soft cancel. For anyone else curious to know how exactly Aramusha's infinite chain works here's the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfMvuhPH03s

CandleInTheDark
11-15-2017, 11:42 PM
While it is true that his combo is predictable unless he feints, the problem is some characters guards dont switch stances quick enough to actually block it.

As far as I was aware, all guard switches were equalised quite a while back. Either all characters can't switch quick enough which would be a problem or all characters can.

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 11:45 PM
As far as I was aware, all guard switches were equalised quite a while back. Either all characters can't switch quick enough which would be a problem or all characters can.
I think he means that it's more difficult for the assassin characters and their guard stance decay.

The_Helhound
11-15-2017, 11:49 PM

I didnt remember that though ill admit to not having gone through all the patch notes. Didnt want to assume seeing as i havent tested to block with every single character. But if that is the case, hes guranteed three hits if you only use standard block high. Side-high-side then youll stop the next high.