PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no PC HDR?

Juub1990
11-15-2017, 02:37 PM
I feel this needs to be addressed. As a consumer, I find it very insulting. Previously Ubisoft had stated that HDR support would be coming to all platforms:

‘There will be another Title Update available in early November, which will most notably include 4K and Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and support of HDR displays for all platforms.’

Then it suddenly changed to:

There will be another Title Update available in early November, which will most notably include 4K and Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and additional support for HDR on Xbox One S/Xbox One X and PS4/PS4 Pro.’

What's the deal with that? Think people wouldn't notice? I would very much like Ubisoft to come forward and give us an explanation as to why PC HDR support was so unceremoniously dropped. I paid my copy of the game just like console players and play on a 4K/HDR TV and would love to take advantage of that feature. The least Ubisoft could do is be transparent and not act like nothing happened because something did. So what is the reason for dropping PC HDR and can we expect it any time in the future? Thank you.

Ubi-Rufus
11-15-2017, 04:24 PM
We apologize for any miscommunication regarding the HDR support on PC.

A HDR update is not scheduled yet for PC, however we’ve heard your feedback and we understand the value of implementing this for our PC Players.

We’ll provide more information when available.