PDA

View Full Version : Shuffle Teams after a match

Tom_Tom08
11-15-2017, 08:58 AM
I don't understand why teams are not shuffled after each match. Unless you're in a party together, teams should be shuffled after each match. When you get steamrolled 500 to 0, it shouldn't toss you right back against those players. And you shouldn't have to quit out and find another game because the system doesn't balance players after matches. Even more strange is that the game balances teams based on an average prestige and before players select their class. Why not decide who's on who's team once they select their character and trying to average out the prestiges of those individual heros?

Or better yet.

Just shuffle the teams, and stop trying to prevent automatic stacking of experienced players on the same team. Prestige means nothing more than "who can/has played more". Shutouts still happen even with trying to balance prestige, but it means you're just going to fight the same team over and over. If you're winning, great, you're going to keep winning. Losing, eh, better quit out and try to be matched into something fair.

Tom_Tom08
11-26-2017, 07:30 AM
/bump
This topic needs to be addressed.

Tom_Tom08
11-26-2017, 09:12 PM
/bump

Tom_Tom08
12-07-2017, 01:30 PM
/bump

Tom_Tom08
12-12-2017, 03:35 AM
/bump

Ackturi
12-12-2017, 03:52 AM
No point since most people already leave if they lose that hard...

Who's to say the enemy that did so well wasn't grouped up anyways??

This would just cause more bugs and issues like grouped players would be shuffled apart.

ChampionRuby50g
12-12-2017, 04:20 AM
Bumping is against forum rules. If you really want an answer and it has been this long, I suggest you just private message one of the moderators, and I'm sure this has already been covered in the forums. Just search for it with keywords, through the magnifying glass option.

MetalDevil19
12-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Seems like kind of an Oxy-Moron suggestion...only because the game is set up in such a way that teams are matched based on "player skill" and "Renown."

The only time teams should be shuffled is when all of the credentials do not match. I.E. "player renown: All" or "player skill: All".

UbiJurassic
12-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Post-game team-shuffle is something that is still being addressed. However the team is focusing on higher priority tasks at this time, namely dedicated servers. If we get more information regarding the status of post-game shuffle, we'll be sure to keep players informed.

Additionally, bumping is against our forums rules. In the future, we ask that you please refrain from this behavior in the forums.

CandleInTheDark
12-12-2017, 07:17 PM
The devs said a while ago that when they had team shuffle and had players joining in end phase it caused bugs, I think the example they gave was matching five against three. They had a choice between shuffle and join during end flow and because join during end flow means people have less 'not enough players in game' issues that was what they went with while they work on getting the two to play nice together.

Tom_Tom08
12-14-2017, 02:00 AM
Thank you for the reply. IMO it should be higher on the priority list and not swept under the rug.

P.S. If you can't bump a topic that needs addressing and you can't repost topics, how on earth do you receive a reply? I would rather a single post be made than many.

UbiJurassic
12-14-2017, 03:30 AM
Thank you for the reply. IMO it should be higher on the priority list and not swept under the rug.

P.S. If you can't bump a topic that needs addressing and you can't repost topics, how on earth do you receive a reply? I would rather a single post be made than many.
The community team stays rather busy throughout the day, so it's not uncommon for us to be unable to respond to everything. If you feel strongly about something, you can always PM it over to one of the members of the community team and we'll make sure to read over it and provide a response, if needed.

CandleInTheDark
12-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Here is the thing though, I would bet the same people working on that are the same people who

- Are trying to make P2P more stable while we still use them
- Are working on dedicated servers
- Are working on matchmaking as a whole

And honestly all of these have been things that have needed working on since the beginning. Obviously I don't know everything that goes on and I would think that there are people who try put new ideas on that but I don't see it being higher priority this side of dedicated servers going live permanently.

GMG Peter
12-14-2017, 02:06 PM
- Are trying to make P2P more stable while we still use them
- Are working on dedicated servers
- Are working on matchmaking as a whole

Exactly my thoughts