PDA

View Full Version : To Oleg and crew

LogicPilot
05-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Hello all,

You Proberbly get this alot but what a fantastic game you have created http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I bought FB 2 weeks ago and was so impressed that less than a week later i went out and bought the ACE add on (so nice to see the b17 by the way) and now im totaly hooked!

So after i found out that i cant take off, fly, dogfight, shoot or land i thought i would check out the forums for some tips and to my amazement i see you can post to the creater (brave move Oleg). There is not many other games that let you do that!

Anyway i just wanted to say hats off to you Oleg and all others involved in creating a very entertaining and acurate WWII flight sim http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Ooh i also have a question for the forum,

In one of the training tracks that comes with FB has a firghter pilot giving a training lecture on attacking bombers. As he aproches the view changes from an in-the-cockpit on a wide view to a no-cockpit tight view (of just the crosshair) to attack the bombers then switches back after the pass. I cant seam to find a in game bind (as in going into controles) for this toggle of views and its verry dificult to press shift+F1, shift+F1, delete, numpad 5 every time i want to achieve it.

Am i just being stupid or is there a bind i can put into a config file or something to alow me to jump back and forth from thoes 2 views?

Thx

Logic

[This message was edited by LogicPilot on Wed May 12 2004 at 09:12 AM.]

LogicPilot
05-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Hello all,

You Proberbly get this alot but what a fantastic game you have created http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I bought FB 2 weeks ago and was so impressed that less than a week later i went out and bought the ACE add on (so nice to see the b17 by the way) and now im totaly hooked!

So after i found out that i cant take off, fly, dogfight, shoot or land i thought i would check out the forums for some tips and to my amazement i see you can post to the creater (brave move Oleg). There is not many other games that let you do that!

Anyway i just wanted to say hats off to you Oleg and all others involved in creating a very entertaining and acurate WWII flight sim http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/11.gif

Ooh i also have a question for the forum,

In one of the training tracks that comes with FB has a firghter pilot giving a training lecture on attacking bombers. As he aproches the view changes from an in-the-cockpit on a wide view to a no-cockpit tight view (of just the crosshair) to attack the bombers then switches back after the pass. I cant seam to find a in game bind (as in going into controles) for this toggle of views and its verry dificult to press shift+F1, shift+F1, delete, numpad 5 every time i want to achieve it.

Am i just being stupid or is there a bind i can put into a config file or something to alow me to jump back and forth from thoes 2 views?

Thx

Logic

[This message was edited by LogicPilot on Wed May 12 2004 at 09:12 AM.]

Harh
05-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Only I can answer - numpad5 is joystick Hat-Front. Why double shift-F1 - what is its use? Maybe I shouldn't even post this, because I don't really understood the question.

p1ngu666
05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
ctrl f1 ?

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

LogicPilot
05-12-2004, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by p1ngu666:
ctrl f1 ?

http://www.pingu666.modded.me.uk/mysig3.jpg
&lt;123_GWood_JG123&gt; NO SPAM!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ctrl f1 by default is no cockpit view. if i press it once it takes away the cockpit and just leves a croshair and some arcade style instruments (alt, speed, etc..). by pressing ctrl f1 again it takes away the arcade HUD and just leaves the croshair. now by pressing delete, which goes into gunsight view by default and then numpad 5 or maybe 8 (centre screen by default) you get the view the pilot was using on the training track. Lets call it 'View X'. *(pressing ctrl f1 again takes away the croshair and a forth time takes you back to the cockpit on view)*

Now in the training track (bf109 aerial gunnery i think) the pilot, in a wide view with cockpit ON ('View A'), banks round and lines up for a deflection shot at the bombers. he watches them come in towards his gunsight from the right (looks like he is using a mouse for looking) and when they are close he jumps from that in-cockpit view to 'view X' fires at the bombers as they pass then goes straigt back to the cockpit view.

The only way i can see to go from 'view A' to 'View X' is by pressing ctrl f1, ctrl f1, delete, numpad 5 and then ctrl f1, ctrl f1, page down to get back to the original view but the training track shoes it being done without the need to cycle through all the cockpit/no-cockpit views or multiple key pressing. I have looked in the controles but there doesnt seem to be a view that goes straight there.

Going to this gunsight view (view X) ie gunsight view without the cockpit, makes my fps stay at an acceptible rate even in the closest zoom where as the normal gunsight view, delete by default with the cockpit still on, slows my fps to unplayable levels especially when there is lots going on.

ZG77_Lignite
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Though I'm unfamiliar with the track, from what you describe I don't think it is 'natively' possible to do that in FB. However, the person who made that track may well have had a 'macro' (for lack of a better word) programmed with his joystick software (only some types of joysticks have this feature), thus enableing a '1 push' button that will actually do multiple tasks. I've never tried this (yet) myself, but I believe my CH rig will allow this type of thing.

P.S. In a misguided attempt to help you 'stay in the cockpit', you might try some of these FPS increasing tips: turn off antialiasing and anisoptropic filtering (with your video card's software/windows), set S3tC texture compression and bileanear filtering (with Il2setup.exe), dial back a few in-game detail settings. Hope those help.

WWMaxGunz
05-12-2004, 06:04 PM
You have much to learn and may you have fun on the way!

I do not have my links (upgraded and forgot to back those off the old drive) but what you should look for are sites with things like Sturmovik 101 and otehr training lessons on them.

I don't use no-cockpit but do use the zoom view keys. You may want to zoom out if at all when approaching close to a target, depending on your closure speed.

Neal