PDA

View Full Version : I don't think shamans OP

IesooMI
11-15-2017, 03:08 AM
Relax and put down the pitch forks, let's talk. I haven't found Shaman to be that absolute monster powerhouse everyone's saying. She's strong I won't deny that but after running the matchup with some buddy's and testing things we found her shutdown hard by Glad, and PK. For one she dosent have anything with armor so that's a plus. We found when pounce can be dodged, it's tight timing but it isn't impossible. So far I'm just seeing another character like Glad just with the health regen (dosent seem that bad after the almost 1 year we have dealt with shugoki and his 1 shotting capabilities). She also plays like Glad in that she dictates the pace of the fight, again not a bad thing because we're trying to move away from the turtle meta. When your up against her and bleeding you know the pounce is coming don't run you need to go on the offensive (aramusha is amazing at this) and you can shut her completely down. Pounce can't be canceled in time to parry like old school warden SB could and if she tries to gb she eats a hit. In the fights we ran It seemed like once we got a feel for the timing every pounce was met with a PK zone or Glad light or nobushi poke. Once again I'm not saying she's not strong, she has a very nice arsenal of turtle cracking moves but I don't find her to be that absolute OP character. Seems like Glad 2.0

I'm completely open for discussion, but please no tears and childish complaining.

PepsiBeastin
11-15-2017, 03:18 AM
1. I haven't seen A SINGLE PERSON actually dodge pounce, since it tracks dodges, rolls, and even around corners.

2. Pounce is way too fast for a move that can ledge and give free damage. Not to mention if you miss, you can just keep doing it.

3. About your "go on the offensive" if you're bleeding, it doesn't matter WHAT you're doing, she still grabs you. as shugoki I've been grabbed out of my unblockable heavy, demon's embrace (while I had my super armor up both times" I've even seen highlander get grabbed out of an offensive form unblockable. Go on the offensive my ***.

TSCDescon
11-15-2017, 03:34 AM
1. I haven't seen A SINGLE PERSON actually dodge pounce, since it tracks dodges, rolls, and even around corners.

2. Pounce is way too fast for a move that can ledge and give free damage. Not to mention if you miss, you can just keep doing it.

3. About your "go on the offensive" if you're bleeding, it doesn't matter WHAT you're doing, she still grabs you. as shugoki I've been grabbed out of my unblockable heavy, demon's embrace (while I had my super armor up both times" I've even seen highlander get grabbed out of an offensive form unblockable. Go on the offensive my ***.

Exactly.

Rip my boy Shugoki.

She just grabs you right out of hyper armor hah.

KotoKuraken
11-15-2017, 03:40 AM
what is this small child OP doing and who let them outside

Metalpunk123
11-15-2017, 03:59 AM
Get gud yo. dodge or attack or dodge attack if you can. XD

Kidding, but yeah new heroes fseem pretty good compares to the old.

I don't know if she's op. But, but yea the best way to counter his pounce when you bleed is to be offensive. She needs to make a pounce or a guard break to land his pouce and you want her close so you can put pressure on her.

I like that cause it break turtle and make the game more offensive.

Howard_T_J
11-15-2017, 04:22 AM
So you're saying the new combo ***** should break the shaman if played right?

On the side note. I'm kind of intrigued that there is a class I can actually play aggressive against.

Usually I have to play very passively due to the meta. But if they're willing to let me spam top light combo all day. Game on!

ChrisTaben2017
11-17-2017, 01:29 PM
Sorry op I got a call from the doctors today and unfortunately its true,
You have brain damage

Morpheus256
11-17-2017, 03:42 PM

It only tracks if you mess up the dodge timing. I dodged it multiple times already.

Devils-_-legacy
11-17-2017, 04:12 PM
It only tracks if you mess up the dodge timing. I dodged it multiple times already.

Then why are they fixing her tracking in the next patch?

Wes8504
11-17-2017, 04:15 PM

I've actually had people dodge my pounce, but it's that 2nd instant pounce that gets them.

Morpheus256
11-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Then why are they fixing her tracking in the next patch?

Because lots of people complained about it.

Devils-_-legacy
11-17-2017, 07:16 PM
Mr Pope already put on redit that's it was a known issue on day 1 of season 4?