PDA

View Full Version : was aramusha even playtested?

SenBotsu893
11-14-2017, 10:32 PM
or did the devs just circle jerk the huntress? and i am not even talking about his weak stats and moveset, i am talking about very basic atributes.

1. why can he not land a heavy from gb? this is such an obvious oversigth how could nobody notice that?

2. why can he be guardbroken out of a light attack? every other character will finish his light attack and ignore the gb attemt but for whatever reason aramusha can be gb out of the light attack start up.

3. Rushing wind/alternate is probably supposed to work like celtic curse mix up i gues. but there is no way to change attack directions after the forward dash. as of now the attack will come from wichever guard direction you already stand in before the forward dash.

4. why does it say here that aramamusha has "very good dodges"?
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-305836-16/for-honor-v115-patch-notes
his dodges dont even cover much distance and he has not even a simple dodge attack. if he is supposed to be a "Tank hybrid" then im fine with no dodging around but why would he then have asassin like hp?

its really a shame how lackluster the rest of the characters kit is if you consider how much work and effort the art team must have put into the guy.

Helnekromancer
11-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Yea I was excited also to play the new Samurai, got my Nobushi to rep 40 and Aramusha looked like a good 2nd.

But man, he's not fun to play. Just like kensei you have to feint a TON just to kill anyone because everything you do isn't safe.

Can't open up turtles so Heroes like LB get to stand there and wait for me to attack first.

His combo just like everyone else's combo gets block/parried after the 2nd swing and with no super armor, no one is afraid of it.

Can't land a heavy after a gb why? I have two light Katanas.

On Console where everyone spams the most cancerous assassins (shinobi, glad, pk, and now Shaman) and cc(LB and Raider) I feel helpless with Aramusha. He feels like a downgrade instead of an upgrade to the Samurai roster.

As of right now the entire Samurai roster is mid-low tier. Hopefully the Kensei rework will make a strong Samurai but I'm not holding my breathe.

*And sure you can say it's the 1st day but remember Aramusha is a hybrid meaning hes a half baked vanguard and a half baked tank. Similar to Highlander being crap and Cent the only strong Hybrid they made and it took 6 months to realize he was op.

But when it came to making a PURE Hero, Devs had no problem making a pure assassin.

Not sure what is to become of the future but if they are making more Heroes a "Year 2" similar to R6 Siege. Every faction doesn't need to be equal, no one wants DLC Assassin every few months, mix it up, if every faction gets the same class it gets boring, look at the current meta its turtle on pc and light attack spam on console.

If you can make pure assassins this cancerous then I would love to see what another pure Hybrid and Heavy would play like.

Netcode_err_404
11-15-2017, 12:34 AM
if a class cannot open a turtle is because game design is broken, not because a class is weak.

PERIOD

SenBotsu893
11-15-2017, 12:49 AM
if a class cannot open a turtle is because game design is broken, not because a class is weak.

PERIOD

devs already stated that they see how following through with chains is just a risk -> yet they gave him just a single chain to use
devs release more and more ub for free damage to open up turtles -> yet he lacks exactly that

the game design isnt exactly that what was originally intended anymore. there is clearly a shift towards a more reaction based combat.
but even so the basics i wrote about in my original post have simply been overlooked.

UbiInsulin
11-15-2017, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the detailed rundown, SenBotsu & co. I'll let the team know your thoughts on Aramusha.

BTTrinity
11-15-2017, 01:52 AM
Yeah, a heavy after GB + Not being GB'd thru lights needs to be fixed now.

LawbringerREEEE
11-15-2017, 05:27 PM
While shaman has insane speed, crazy and ridiculous tracking, warden shoulder bash 3.0, fast lights that make the second light guaranteed if the first one lands, soft feints for gb and poison on the FIRST HEAVY (while aramusha, an entire mixup character, has to be on second heavy) with slower heavies that are guaranteed on guardbreak and a pretty good OOS stamina punish. Ubi pls.