PDA

View Full Version : Setting Parameters in Deathmatch is Not Enough

ODP.
11-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Why Ubi decided to go back to the original format and lump skirmish and elimination into one que is beyond me. The parameters are nice being able to select your "preferred" game mode but when i want to play elimination, i want to play elimination. Skirmish is completely different and 95% of the time i do not want to play it. So this means i either quit as the match starts or am forced to play a game mode i do not want. This needs to either be changed back or "preferred" needs to be changed to "only". i have no problem waiting until an elimination is available. I just dont want to have to be "that guy" that is always quitting before the match begins. Sorry i went a little "quote" heavy.

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Hi ODP48! Per the Warrior's Den, the relaxation of the matchmaking parameters should be time-dependent. If there aren't players in Elimination (for example), then you may end up in a Skirmish match. Given the release of Tribute, the team thought it made sense to merge some of the other game modes in order to focus the player base.

CandleInTheDark
11-14-2017, 10:15 PM
People have been asking the devs so often what are they going to do about the population numbers in both of these modes and some of the questions were phrased in a way that they were hoping the devs would offer more xp and steel against the play over time balancing. If they were not going to do that, and in my opinion they shouldn't, the only other natural option is to put the players of these two modes into one pool.

The thing is that this is a problem made by the player base. I am not going to get into the arguments over one way being valid or not but the number of times I have read people who want 1v1 fights in other game modes telling those who want to play 2v2 or elimination as a battle to go to skirmish I have lost count of, same with other people telling that first group go to duel or brawl if they want 1v1 (this bearing in mind some people want a 2v2 that isn't 2(1v1). So it has turned into a state where one group of people have taken one, another the second and they occasionally battle over trying to get their way in brawl. Most of the rest of us have called it a day and gone to dominion. So it seems that the devs, with this and with a new game mode in mind, have gone the route where these players need to co-exist, which might be sucky for those who want to play just one and play them as other people in the current group play them but between constant questions and the toxicity on both sides of things, that is where we are, at least until the numbers rise which hopefully they will when dedicated servers come in.

ODP.
11-14-2017, 10:32 PM
Yeah i understand that it is based on the player numbers and if this game was flooded with people this probably wouldnt have happened. but pre new game mode launch i never had trouble getting into an elimination match and most of the time it was less the 30 seconds before i was in one. Waiting for people to select their hero took longer. But i play on ps4 and ps4 has not really had any player population issues where, from what ive read, pc has and so we get shafted. it sucks...its unfortunate but hey now brawl will get some love and maybe ill like the new mode

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 11:55 PM
Yeah i understand that it is based on the player numbers and if this game was flooded with people this probably wouldnt have happened. but pre new game mode launch i never had trouble getting into an elimination match and most of the time it was less the 30 seconds before i was in one. Waiting for people to select their hero took longer. But i play on ps4 and ps4 has not really had any player population issues where, from what ive read, pc has and so we get shafted. it sucks...its unfortunate but hey now brawl will get some love and maybe ill like the new mode

You're not the only one I've seen bring up issues with the change. I'll be sure to bring up the possibility of relaxing the time limitation in order to give mode preference more weight.

ODP.
11-15-2017, 12:03 AM
You're not the only one I've seen bring up issues with the change. I'll be sure to bring up the possibility of relaxing the time limitation in order to give mode preference more weight.

Thanks, i was shocked when i heard it on warriors den but no one brought it up so i thought i just heard it incorrectly. now though that it is in affect i thought someone should say something. Thanks again for passing it along.

LittleTreeYeen
11-15-2017, 12:18 AM

the death match game modes are dead on PC they were probably trying to fix that issue, while on console its fine

ODP.
11-19-2017, 04:48 AM
Its almost like it doesn't check you're preference. Looks for 3 seconds for elimination...boom skirmish straight to character screen...or gets a group started posing as an elimination...no map/game mode option...boom skirmish...worst sorting hat ever...ubi really dropped the ball on this one