PDA

View Full Version : Black screen bug / loss of save data (spoilers?)

POCKoCLOCK
11-14-2017, 09:16 PM
Assassin's Creed Origins on Xbox One X. After completing the mission to assassinate the "snake", when the game loaded back in the screen was black but still had audio from the environment and the compass at the top of the screen. I could move around the environment because I managed to drown the character in an attempt to reload the checkpoint but the screen remained blank and no reloading occurred. After restarting the system I lost game progress including unlocked areas, completed quests, upgraded equipment, and level progress from 20 back down to 13. I don't expect any save data to be recovered at this point but perhaps this can help prevent future occurrences. The biggest irritant is having to re-grind killing animals to re-upgrade the armor.

connorcovbadboy
11-14-2017, 09:30 PM
i loaded up my game today and found my game save gone i was level 35 im soo depressed

UbiFluouise
11-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Hello Assassins. We're sorry to hear that you have been affected by this. Our team is currently working to investigate this further so that a solution can be found. Although we cannot restore any save data that has been corrupted or lost at this time, we would like to encourage players that have experienced this to reach out to our technical support team (https://support.ubi.com/Cases/New) with as much information regarding your experience with this issue as possible so that we can look into this further. Please share any irregularities you noticed leading up to this happening, what happened during, what troubleshooting you tried, and the result. Thank you for your assistance in this and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.