PDA

View Full Version : Initial Impressions of Aramusha and Shaman?

OhThatTickles
11-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Watching the player videos right after that 19.9gig download I noticed that Shaman played much like PK, but with added weapons, notably bleed and heal. With her second light coming out faster after first connects it feels like a powercreep on PK light spam... With added UB left finishing heavy she gets a stronger feint/punish game as well. I saw the bleed move after successful combos and thought it was a good concept, promoting finishing of chains rather than cancer-spam, but then saw that she can feint heavy into bleed poke, thus giving her access to all her tools right off the bat. Wondering if anyone else sees a new light/spam-bleed cancer coming to arena... Played her a bit against bots and yeah... this feels like a disease.

On a happier note!
I was initally astounded and terrified by how good Aramusha looked during player videos, until after playing him I realized that he's not a perfect mix of Zerker and LB, rather his own unique thing. He requires his special block - blade blockade - to trigger his counterattacks (rather than any vanilla block like LB shove). He doesn't get hyper armor during chains like zerk, and his chains are limited by side-top-side dynamic, which is smart. On top of all this his blockade->kick is not punishable unless he wall splats, and he doesn't get heavy off after GB. He's got a lot of tools, but limited punishing options really puts emphasis on smart play and using his full kit. I was initially concerned but after playing him I love the balance they gave him without nuking his feel.

I'll give the new characters a solid "B", but wonder if anyone else has any concerns regarding Shaman, or Aramusha, thus far.

iso_memory
11-14-2017, 08:08 PM
I think it's far too early to tell what the new heroes are in terms of balance. Right out of the gate, the Shaman seems to be much more on the verge of "OP" than the Aramusha, but only time will tell. Oddly enough, I have made far too many people rage-quit with the Aramusha this morning/afternoon, which kills my brain, given that I can only assume they're quitting because these new characters present an alien challenge to them? idk. I just hope that if balance is needed (buffs/nerfs) to the new toons, that we wont have to wait an entire season+ to receive said changes.

Oupyz
11-14-2017, 08:20 PM
im going undefeated against them in 1v1 with glad , so i can't say for sure if they are op or up , i'll wait till people get used to them more before posting my judgement i dodged shaman bite when she bleed me i'm wait for that bite to come , it's like 100% it's coming so be ready to dodge and get a free gb

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:26 PM
im going undefeated against them in 1v1 with glad , so i can't say for sure if they are op or up , i'll wait till people get used to them more before posting my judgement i dodged shaman bite when she bleed me i'm wait for that bite to come , it's like 100% it's coming so be ready to dodge and get a free gb

Yeah its nice to see that you on gladiator, one of the strongest class in the game, have no problem inbeating ppl that play them since 2-3 hours.

Try to win against a shaman with highlander, is almost impossible.

Oupyz
11-14-2017, 08:33 PM
glad is very strong indeed , but i had my fair share playing weak classes in this game , thanks to ubisoft :xD

Jacques-Le-Coq
11-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Get 4 shamans spamming pounce and bite in 4v4. Shaman is worse than pre nerf centurion