PDA

View Full Version : What's up with these bots?

Shizzle117
11-14-2017, 05:16 PM
I hopped into a Bot game to practice the new hero's for a bit and complete orders... Warden Bots never miss a crushing counter, Kensei bots parry everything, and Conq bots cannot be GBed because they will always tech. But only the opposing team bots are good... my shinobi bot went 1-6 in a brawl (I revived him one match and he still died) and My Conq bot refuses to help me when we have a 2v1 scenerio, but instead watches me die, get executed then decides to participate only to be slaughtered. Did you guys make opposing bots better but make friendly bots remain the same?

King_of_games-SP
11-14-2017, 06:42 PM
If you looked a little bit you would have noticed that we only deal with lvl 3 bots now. Im only half okay with this change, i like the idea of not getting shafted when someone leaves a match and we get stuck with a lvl 2 bot against 4 real players. But for this to be in every mode is not a good idea.
First of all, new players are going to have even less fun and a much harder time getting into the game if they have to fight a bot that parries every second attack they throw out and cgb 90% of the time. Secondly it takes away any possibility to play this game and chill. I would commonly go into vs ai matches to quickly complete orders with relative ease and expediency, sometimes i dont wanna try that hard and still be able to make progress in this game. I considered this a strength of the game that i could go into vs ai matches and have a more relaxed game session, and if i wanted to actually play hard i could go into pvp.

I was under the impression that only bots in pvp matches would be lvl 3 and pvai would still be the more relaxed game mode it has always been. Definitely a bad decision since im trying to get more people to play this game but now the extreme progression grind isnt the only thing causing massive frustration for them

Shizzle117
11-14-2017, 07:22 PM
Yeah i noticed that we we're vs level 3 bots, but it feels like we have level 2 bots on our team lol. When i do player vs AI chances are im trying to learn a new hero and my golly does that not make for a good learning enviornment... I saw a warden attempt to zone flicker me I was like of WTF haha I would love the All AI mode when i turn off match making to be adjustable Bots... but it match making when we lose a dude thats when its okay to have a level 3 bot!

SenBotsu893
11-14-2017, 07:27 PM
is far as i am aware you can still "cheese" those bots by feint into gb

Shizzle117
11-14-2017, 07:32 PM
yeah i dont wanna cheese bots though... i just wanted to learn a new hero and get some orders done. Playing the new DLC heros is a death wish vs the level 3 AI, im not a competitive player i play for fun and keep is casual, this is deff not fun though... I would love to be able to adjust the bot difficulty not just start at level 3 and deal with it... plz ubi

RenegadeRasta
11-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Lvl 3 Aramusha is a freaking nightmare. While I think its good that the difficulty forces me to step my game up, I don't want to do that ALL the time. Against bots.

Xtendead
11-14-2017, 08:08 PM
I feel like a Pinata now, because my own Bots don't give a damn fvck that i am standing between them and the enemy Bot when they throw out their combos like a crazy stupid machine gun with the higher level now.

Claudius_Katt
11-14-2017, 09:10 PM
I havent had a chance to play yet,
Are level 3ís all there is even with matchmaking off?
I had to endure level 3ís for the entirety of season 2 in PvAI due to a glitch, I really dont fancy dealing with that nonsense again.

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Hey guys, per the patch notes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-305836-16/for-honor-v115-patch-notes) the bot level is based on the player skill in the match:

Level 3 Bots

Level 3 bots should appear more often during matches based on the skill level of the players in the match.

Developer Comments: This change has been very popular during our last Public Test, so we decided to include this in the main game. The threshold, player Kill Death Ratio, at which Level 3 Bots appear has been reduced to provide a better challenge.

Thank you for your feedback so far! I can understand how this makes for a harsh environment when trying to figure out new heroes.

Claudius_Katt
11-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Hey guys, per the patch notes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-305836-16/for-honor-v115-patch-notes) the bot level is based on the player skill in the match:

Thank you for your feedback so far! I can understand how this makes for a harsh environment when trying to figure out new heroes.

Not sure if its practical or not but if it is at all possible could we get a skill choice option for Matchmaking off?
Even if its just all level 1/2/3 would be good.
It would make new characters easier to learn whilst still levelling up.

AkenoKobayashi
11-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Finally, a true challenge to improve my skills as the Aramusha.

Xtendead
11-14-2017, 10:18 PM
I havent had a chance to play yet,
Are level 3’s all there is even with matchmaking off?
I had to endure level 3’s for the entirety of season 2 in PvAI due to a glitch, I really dont fancy dealing with that nonsense again.
I've played only Private Matches the last few Months and faced 3x Lvl 1 and 1x Lvl 2 Bots in 4vs4 Modes. Today i only get 3x Lvl 2 and 1x Lvl 3 Bots in enemy Team all over.

Claudius_Katt
11-14-2017, 10:32 PM
I've played only Private Matches the last few Months and faced 3x Lvl 1 and 1x Lvl 2 Bots in 4vs4 Modes. Today i only get 3x Lvl 2 and 1x Lvl 3 Bots in enemy Team all over.

Ah thats not as horrific as I was expecting,
Back in season 2 every game with matchmaking off I was getting matched against a full team of level 3ís,
Obviously it was a glitch but by the gods it was nightmare fuel,
I was concerned I was about to return home and find full lobbies of level 3ís again,
This at least sets my mind at ease.
Thanks.

HuevosItch
11-14-2017, 11:03 PM
Yeesh. I absolutely love this game. It has its issue but what game doesn't. I've mostly dwelled in the bots section of the game, because I'm not that competitive in pvp. However, now level 3s absolutely thrash. Yeah, it sounds like a "Git gud kid" scinerio, but I play AI to enjoy the game. I'll play pvp if I want to be triggered. Hopefully this isn't a forever thing..

Shizzle117
11-14-2017, 11:04 PM

Thanks for the Response Devs! Hopefully we can get adjustable Bots for Player vs AI when matchmaking is turned off in the future! New patch is great btw and I love the two new heros

GeneraISoIo
11-15-2017, 11:32 PM
Level 3 bots should be an OPTION!!!!! I love level 3 bots for my higher heros but has ruined learning the Aramusha for me. Way to ruin the experience for me FH. FIX!!!!!! Make it go off individual hero skill not overalll player skill!!!

Vakris_One
11-15-2017, 11:44 PM
Lvl 3 Aramusha is a freaking nightmare. While I think its good that the difficulty forces me to step my game up, I don't want to do that ALL the time. Against bots.
The level 3 Aramusha bot is indeed one bad a$$ mother cufker. And the rest of the bots have suddenly learned how to feint. I actually kinda like it, they're no longer completely useless when your teammates get dropped from a match and I have to work to beat some of them like this Aramusha on nightmare mode. It's making me a better player against human Aramusha's so I like that.