PDA

View Full Version : Patch Broke my game

LittleTreeYeen
11-14-2017, 05:14 PM
I waited two hours installing the patch, the second I loaded it up the game started slowing down and freezing in the main menu. It would only be functional for a short time after I minimized and reopened the game window. I managed to load a match and the characters were glitching out all over the darn screen. I went ahead and verified the game files and restarted my PC, same damn story. Its absolutely not a hardware issue, my PC ran this game at 60 FPS without dropping a beat until this patch came out. All my other games run perfectly, I have no choice but to reinstall and wait 5 hours an hope to god the thing works.

Cneiper
11-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Same here

FredEx919
11-14-2017, 05:44 PM
Let us know if the reinstall works. This would probably be a good discussion for our support teams. Have you already reached out to them? You can get them at http://support.ubi.com.

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 07:02 PM
Same thing here , though it was just lag , now after 2 hours still cant play .. Good job ubisoft

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 08:21 PM
Redownloaded whole fking game . Guess what . It didnt help . Was looking forward to ronin for more than half year . Finaly when the day comes this is what i get .

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:23 PM
The game stutters like hell on pc. Nice update.

Haemmerst0rm
11-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Game stutters a lot too on pc. I play at extreme and i never have experienced stuttering like this before. I don't know what you have changed to the graphic settings, but you definitely made a bug somewhere that makes the gameplay sometimes not fun.....

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 08:31 PM
At least you can play . All i can do is start the game , get connected and nothing more . Games frozen untill you move to desktop . Once you go back in game you re able to do something for like 4 sec

Netcode_err_404
11-14-2017, 08:41 PM
At least you can play . All i can do is start the game , get connected and nothing more . Games frozen untill you move to desktop . Once you go back in game you re able to do something for like 4 sec

Well, the game is still in beta tho. BE PATIENT !!!

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 08:46 PM
My patience has ran out thanks to this. Didnt care about the connection errors but not being to even start the game properly is fu cked up . Still waiting for ubisoft to respond to this . How the fk can they not know whats going on with their own game ? I ve sent a ticket hour and half ago and still no reply .

toninhocaganera
11-14-2017, 09:00 PM
My God, what you did with the game in this last update, impossible to play, completely stuttering... even in the menus, and after I leave the game, my computer is stuck for a few minutes. I have reinstalled, updated the gpu driver and nothing changes. Looks like this patch was a setback, I've never seen such slackness with a game like I saw it today. Unbelievable the way you are doing it, this. last patch was the fatalite on For Honor.

For honor, a good idea that you have not been able to perform.

LittleTreeYeen
11-14-2017, 09:00 PM
Reinstalling the game didnt work its the exact same, the game is so laggy its unplayable, randomly freezes and crashes I have a Nvidia GTX 1050 if thats any help

BozFunny
11-14-2017, 09:02 PM
I was waiting for it to play with new characters and to play on new maps but I have earned "frozen and stuck" game instead, thanks for update Ubi, deleting the game.

VaynahAxeMurdah
11-14-2017, 09:02 PM
Runs perfectly fine for me, GTX 1070 here.

Bartalameos
11-14-2017, 09:04 PM
For money scam / For Honor. The moment I load the game, it freezes. I thought my game files are not synced, so i reinstalled it. 2 hours of waiting and NOTHING. Literally, no progress what so ever. GREAT SEASON, Ubi! Carry on! The amount of people playing this game is already meager, but since this patch... 2v2 duels with the same people:D Oh boy!:D

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 09:12 PM
This thread is up for more than 3 hours and all we got was " it would be a good discussion for our team" . I wanna hear from them that they are actualy working on this right now , otherwise i wont be able to fall asleep how angry I am right now .

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, if you're experiencing this stutter after the update, please let us know your system specs (i.e. graphics card, CPU). Is there any rhyme or reason to when the stuttering occurs? Are you running any background programs? Any information we can provide the team would be great.

Opening tickets at https://support.ubi.com really helps us gather this info directly (especially if you can attach your msinfo and dxdiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/)), so please consider doing so if you have the time.

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 09:43 PM
The reason is season 4 . Like wtf man ? Everything was okey before the update and as you can see the problem is on multiple graphcis cards. Iam running nvidia gefore gt 940m , i5 6200 2,3Ghz and 8 GB RAM . There is no patter . Once i start the game and gets past intro into the game menu it starts lagging as hell and in 2-4 s game freezes until i go back to desktop. Only program iam running beside uplay is game booster and google chrome .

TenaciousDylan1
11-14-2017, 09:51 PM
I usually only play against bots because of all the connection issues and lack of honor in pvp but with this latest patch it only ever places me against level three bots that are better than fkn people are and its making it not enjoyable at all for me to play these new characters. Loved this game up until now but about to just Uninstall all together to make room for games that are actually fun.

LittleTreeYeen
11-14-2017, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, if you're experiencing this stutter after the update, please let us know your system specs (i.e. graphics card, CPU). Is there any rhyme or reason to when the stuttering occurs? Are you running any background programs? Any information we can provide the team would be great.

Opening tickets at https://support.ubi.com really helps us gather this info directly (especially if you can attach your msinfo and dxdiag files (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023904/How-To-Submit-Dxdiag-MSinfo/)), so please consider doing so if you have the time.

I submitted the files, I hope you all figure it out soon

UbiInsulin
11-14-2017, 10:52 PM
I submitted the files, I hope you all figure it out soon

Appreciated! Can you let me know your case number?

@TenaciousDylan1, the bot level is adjusted automatically to player skill post-patch, as people seemed to really like it in our last Public Test. I've seen a few people mention that this is making it hard to test the new heroes though, and will pass this on to the dev team.

Pain-Seeker
11-14-2017, 10:56 PM
Submitted as well . Case 05424383

LittleTreeYeen
11-14-2017, 11:09 PM
Appreciated! Can you let me know your case number?

@TenaciousDylan1, the bot level is adjusted automatically to player skill post-patch, as people seemed to really like it in our last Public Test. I've seen a few people mention that this is making it hard to test the new heroes though, and will pass this on to the dev team.

my case number is 05425000

Bartalameos
11-14-2017, 11:31 PM
I have submitted the case as well. (05425372)
All the info about my compuer settings included.

UbiInsulin
11-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Hey all, thanks for sharing your case #s and other info. I've seen a few reports of windowed mode helping alleviate this issue, which is not ideal but may provide a temporary workaround. If this does not help, please also let me know.

LittleTreeYeen
11-15-2017, 12:24 AM
Hey all, thanks for sharing your case #s and other info. I've seen a few reports of windowed mode helping alleviate this issue, which is not ideal but may provide a temporary workaround. If this does not help, please also let me know.

That worked, Thank you so much!! at the very least I can still play while you get it sorted out (:

toninhocaganera
11-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Case 05425323

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 12:28 AM
Seems to be working both windowed and bordeless... Thanks for that info .

Styles-M
11-15-2017, 12:57 AM
Omg ...every single game all people are disconnected from me and im forced to play the whole match against bots ...but its more like it draggs me outta game and place me in my own server with these stupid bots .
Is this happening to someone? not a single succesfull game since S4 launch here.

LittleTreeYeen
11-15-2017, 01:29 AM
while the game is playable, the screen tearing is everywhere

LittleTreeYeen
11-15-2017, 01:40 AM
That, and I cant run 60 anymore, not even at the games lowest settings, what the actual hell did you guys do to this game? Im so freaking angry

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 01:53 AM
Thats because of borderless window mode . It lowers your fps . Iam playing at 30 fps and lower right now thanks to that which means i ll have to stick to bots until they fix it

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Seems to be working normaly . Thanks for the fix .

Edit: Seems like its still broken and V-sync might be the cause of it . Since fullscreen was working again i decided to put my graphic setting back to how they were before . Once i chosed double buffering the game froze again .

Knight_Raime
11-15-2017, 12:26 PM
I can still play but there is a noticeable stuttering in menus before and after matches.

F.Barral
11-15-2017, 12:50 PM
After the update, my game broke...i cant navigate on main menu without it crash....

aff

DJmxrrr
11-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Another one here, yesterday, prior to the update could play smoothly on 60 fps with no problems. Update happens. Since then i haven't been able to play a game. For some reason, now every time a game starts or even on character customization the game freezes. I tried lowering the graphics the most possible with no luck. The error still there. I just wanna try ****ing tribute but this is infuriating.
A 60$ AAA game that ****s up after every update

DJmxrrr
11-15-2017, 01:32 PM
PD: Before the update played on medium/ high settings + error given is 0006000188 and the framerate one

SilkMortal
11-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Well at least i am not alone on this. I get the same damn thing. I reinstalled and nothing works. Can get to area for like 4 seconds then it freezes. I was so looking forward to playing this but i am coming to the conclusion that UBISOFT puts stuff out and has no idea what they are doing. IF you have a pc why don't you use it? Try it from your end and see for yourself it works. Why do players have to tell developers there system is all screwed up. Hell we know. This is pathetic, unbelieveable, disappointing and got darn frustrating that a company cant figure out why they get all this problems. If you guys survive a 5th season. Good luck with it. NO i am not contacting customer service. Why cause the solution will not be there. This should have been better planned on the PC.

F.Barral
11-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Ubisoft could give us a 60%off in GR Wildlands for us to play until For Honor dosent work!!!!!!

READ IT UBISOFT PLEASE!!!

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 03:42 PM
As mentioned early by mod try to go to windowed mode , in game before it freezes alt+shift+enter ( or shift+enter , not sure which one ) , that should stop the freezing . What worked for me was turning off v-sync in displey setting . After that i am able to play normaly on fullscreen

F.Barral
11-15-2017, 03:55 PM
Ubisoft could give us a 60%off in GR Wildlands for us to play until For Honor dosent work!!!!!!

Pain-Seeker
11-15-2017, 04:27 PM

Stop with the spam , they arent going to give you anything

F.Barral
11-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Didnt talk to you...shut you **** up

toninhocaganera
11-16-2017, 11:58 PM
So ... this problem will be forgotten ???
I already contacted the support, I sent files and nothing yet ..
I still can not play the game and apparently no one cares.
and all the time I spent playing was wasted by a lack of Ubsoft

Gibszy
11-17-2017, 03:20 AM
submitted case number also, having the exact same issues (on pc not laptop) windows mode doesn't help seems to be using most of my ram. case number 05433891

UbiJurassic
11-17-2017, 03:25 AM
So ... this problem will be forgotten ???
I already contacted the support, I sent files and nothing yet ..
I still can not play the game and apparently no one cares.
and all the time I spent playing was wasted by a lack of Ubsoft

The team is still in the process of investigating and developing a fix for the problem. We're aware that this is affecting a number of players and are looking to get a fix out to players as soon as we can.

Thank you all again for reaching out to support regarding this. Gathering as much information on the issue as possible enables the team to better diagnose the issue and begin development on a fix.

Gibszy
11-17-2017, 03:29 AM
why is it using so much memory man? i know that's the issue it's literally chewing the hell out of ram i'm sitting at 1.16-1.18 gb at idle and this game alone just shoots it up to 95% during a match. This was not an issue before the patch and i'm overall rep 130 so ive played enough to know that this is the patch that has brought this hell upon us.

Ujir0
11-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Redownloaded whole fking game . Guess what . It didnt help . Was looking forward to ronin for more than half year . Finaly when the day comes this is what i get .

i think its funny the first thing they always do is point the finger at you telling you to do stuff like update drivers, reinstalling ****, "is your pc connected to the internet?"
While its them thats causing the issues and its them that have to fix **** xD

this update made the entire game worse for a lot of people including myself.

its performing worse now then at launch.

toninhocaganera
11-19-2017, 12:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjmkk8_bzeQ&feature=youtu.be

anyone same ?

Gibszy
11-20-2017, 10:39 AM
Yup this is exactly the same problem.

E.N.D.Y
11-20-2017, 01:14 PM

anyone same ?

Yes, exactly the same! Previously I was able to run this game on High, with solid 60 FPS. After the patch, no matter what option I choose, it always freezes like in the video. Tried every possible graphic option, no luck with any of them. (Lowering settings, using windowed and borderless mode, turning down render scaling, and so on...)

toninhocaganera
11-21-2017, 02:14 AM
Ubisoft support has already answered me 3 times blaming my hardware ... unbelievable, battlefield 1, witcher 3, and several games run on ultra and they want to condemn my computer .... they can not admit that they did something wrong in the patch.

OLEGSANDER
11-21-2017, 02:07 PM

anyone same ?

Same problem. Your freezes are even worse than mines, but same problem. Absolutely kills my love for the game, and I'm rep 145+.

Also can confirm what Gibszy says, the RAM never used to be at 99% while playing For Honor, it definetely started with latest patch. It really reeks of a memory leak.

El-Kashi
11-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Hello,

I confirm since we had the patch 1.15 i'm facing the same issue.
Some freeze which make the game totaly unplayable.

Since the release last February i never encountered any kind of freeze, but since this patch it is almost impossible to play correctly.

I do not have any issue on my other games, for instance : Assassin's creed Origins.

So please try to identify what makes memory leak and reach 99 % occupancy on my hardware configuration.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Elkashi

Khea..
11-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Iv submited my case too #05463019 with the MSinfo and DXdiag provided

Khea..
11-22-2017, 04:59 PM
Tried the window mode... no use still crashed. Hope this gets fixed soon even with the server connection problems i still love and enjoy this game, waiting for the dedicated servers but still my favorite online game.

DJmxrrr
11-23-2017, 04:58 PM
Same here, it's been around a week now? Please ubisoft fix this, put your crap together because i wanna try ****ing tribute
and the new heroes, Thanks

toninhocaganera
11-28-2017, 02:52 AM
So ... two weeks and nothing? the Ubi support no longer responds to me, I think that's right ..

El-Kashi
12-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Hello,

I opened a ticket 2 weeks ago my case is 05457137 and still opened.

I still have many freeze while i did not before the November patch.

Regards.

citizen_wayne
12-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Hello there,

Patch broke my game aswell.

It makes absolutely zero difference if I run the game on low or high settings, it runs equally terrible since the last patch. Its borderline unplayable for me, stuttering like crazy the whole time. Sound seems to be affected aswell sometimes.

In case you wanna blame my hardware, goobisoft:

I5-8600k
1080Ti
16gb ram

Go figure whos fault this is then.

bye

(i wont submit a ticket btw, i already know you dont really give a **** as ive had the pleasure before already)

toninhocaganera
12-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Now they will tell you to open a case in ubisoft support, there they will answer you blaming the hardware or your configuration but they will never admit that it is their fault and they F**** with the game

citizen_wayne
12-06-2017, 12:24 AM
Typical technical support ********, yeah.

Now for anyone having similiar issues, heres something i just tried and it helped tremendously with my fps:

Open Taskmanager while for honor is running, right click the process under "Details" (im using win10 btw) and manually assign cores to it, make sure not to assign all cores to it as it would be by default. I assigned 5 out of 6 cores and that helped alot immediately.

No guarantee it will help you guys but its worth a try.

Its really sad that me, as someone whos not really proficient with pcs can come up with a simple solution like this in mere hours while the For Honor devs seem to be busy doing **** all for the last 3 weeks, GG.