PDA

View Full Version : Highlander GB Heavy / Bug

mleonard3090
11-13-2017, 11:45 PM
As a whole, I absolutely love this game. I think the server issues need to be moved up the priority chain a little but other than that, awesome game.
My question is about the Highlander. Is he the only hero who doesn't get a guaranteed heavy off a GB? When he first came out, the speculation was the was intentional because of the defense meta changes. Since there's no real timeline on that anymore, is there any reason he doesn't get one? Also, what is with that sprinting heavy? He kills 1 minion at a time..with that sword...come on! Lastly, does anyone else have a hard time controlling his zone while unlocked? Thanks guys!

bmason1000
11-14-2017, 12:00 AM
Highlander dies not get a heavy off gb. Interestingly enough, neither does the upcoming aramusha.

Moondyne_MC
11-14-2017, 03:10 AM
Technically PK and Raider ever got heavies from a GB either. Kweassa postulated that Highlander having no heavy after GB was testing the waters for an upcoming change to that mechanic, but obviously and entire season has gone by without that happening.

Personally I've NEVER had a problem with HL not getting a heavy from GB, aside from retraining muscle memory not to go for it for the first couple of days. I think flat out removing heavies from GB on all characters in favour of a light/zone would be fine, with a little tuning here and there (I.e GBing Assassins.

HL sprint attack on minions is utterly useless, and yeah the zone is crazy when unlocked. Do the first 2 swings then cancel.

BarbeQMichael
11-14-2017, 11:13 AM
For some mystical reason, HL does not get heavy off gb even when he has the weakest heavy in game (25 damage). But you:
>get guaranteed light, can flow into offensive and try to continue from that
>get guaranteed zone first hit, need to feint after it if you dont want to get parried from the 2nd swing
>can hold the parry button while parrying to flow into offensive, now nothing is guaranteed but you can go for the unblockable, fast light or melee. Kick works well if you are near walls so there is not much space to dodge

Halvtand
11-14-2017, 01:06 PM
For some mystical reason, HL does not get heavy off gb even when he has the weakest heavy in game (25 damage).

On the dash-heavies, which HL has and that many other characters wish they had, and basic side heavy in def mode. Conq does 25 on all his heavies unless charged. The weakest heavy in the game belongs to PK for her dash-H which does a whopping 15 dmg.

PK also does not get a heavy on GB, same as the new samurai hero.

Charmzzz
11-14-2017, 01:20 PM
On the dash-heavies, which HL has and that many other characters wish they had, and basic side heavy in def mode. Conq does 25 on all his heavies unless charged. The weakest heavy in the game belongs to PK for her dash-H which does a whopping 15 dmg.

PK also does not get a heavy on GB, same as the new samurai hero.

To be fair (and more precise) on PK:
- Dash Heavy Side: 15 Damage + 15 Bleed guaranteed followup (and if you cannot pull this off, well, you are a bad PK) = 30 combined
- Dash Heavy Top: 20 Damage + 15 Bleed guaranteed followup = 35 combined
- GB Triple Stab = 32 Bleed + 6 Damage = 38 combined
- GB Double Stab into Dash Heavy Top: 20 Bleed (double stab) + 20 Damage (Dash Top Heavy) + 15 Bleed guaranteed followup = 55 combined