PDA

View Full Version : A Question to Ubisoft

ShadowStepped
11-13-2017, 11:14 PM
Ubisoft:
Well, here we are again. I took a break at the middle of season 2 because not only is this community toxic at times, I was very toxic as well and that is not who I am. I am going to give For Honor another go in hope that I enjoy it as much as I once did. I played a couple hours yesterday and had a good time besides getting beat up here and there because of the rust. Disconnections for me were minimal overall compared to what they were in the past. I got kicked like 5 times in 3 hours which is considerably better than it used to be.
I am wondering though, when will we see core characters revamped? It seems like the dev team is so worried about issuing new characters, and outfits and executions that the base characters seem to be ignored.

I main an Orochi and always have because I love katana swords and the elegance and style. Let me say I am pretty good at the game and it just seems that they are lack luster in comparison to some of the other heroes. To have no relevant moves besides deflect just seems subpar to me. I also do not believe that Orochi is the only character with these issues. With season 4 coming out tomorrow and after watching videos and seeing the move sets of the new characters, is it logical to even compare the new and old? If changing the meta is the goal I feel it only right to incorporate more versatility to the other heroes, especially to those who need it?

If it is possible can you give me a specific idea or time frame rather than just the general we will pass the message along sort of thing I would appreciate it. While I understand it is impossible to please everyone but I feel that the devs have had plenty of time to address the very vanilla heroes. I want to at least feel like the older characters can be competitive.

UbiInsulin
11-13-2017, 11:17 PM
Yes, some of the original characters are in line for reworks! The first set will be Berserker, Conqueror, and Kensei. If an Orochi rework does occur, unfortunately it won't be in the first "set." I can't give you many specifics regarding timing right now, but I hope this helps. Glad to have you back! :)

CandleInTheDark
11-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Going from the Dens and reddit, their top priority currently is the remainder of the defensive meta fixes. A good bulk of some that were tested are going live tomorrow, the biggest part of that though, parry, was shot down by feedback so I suspect that is what they are working on currently.

In terms of revamps, they have told us a few times that various of the OG are in different stages of motion capture towards reworks, the first batch are said to be conqueror, kensei and berserker, outside this they don't have a priority list to share and there is no fixed date on those three but they have a list they want to revamp. So no hard dates but like with the dedicated servers, they let us know a little further ahead of time than they generally do so we know that it is an active process.

ShadowStepped
11-13-2017, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the information guys. Not really the answer i was hoping for but i appreciate the honesty. Still rocking the forums pretty hard huh Candle? I remember you from before. You always do a good job listing the dev stream breakdown. Thanks to you as well UbiInsulin. I am going to try to be positive this time around, don't wanna hurt Fred's feelings, lol. Thanks again guys.

CandleInTheDark
11-14-2017, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the information guys. Not really the answer i was hoping for but i appreciate the honesty. Still rocking the forums pretty hard huh Candle? I remember you from before. You always do a good job listing the dev stream breakdown. Thanks to you as well UbiInsulin. I am going to try to be positive this time around, don't wanna hurt Fred's feelings, lol. Thanks again guys.

Yeah still doing the dev streams and being a generally opinionated so and so lol.