PDA

View Full Version : 14th will be the Day of the Bastard ....

S0Mi_xD
11-13-2017, 08:08 PM
... born from Berserker and Peacekeeper, the madness will spread :3

From the looks - both heroes look interessting and i think both will be worth playing.
But i don't understand people cry instant about shaman, even if she isn't out yet.

Sure, we can already see, that her tackle bite is really strong, but in 4v4 modes it also will immobilize you for some seconds that can cost your life.
But yeah - ubisoft didn't learn out of our complaints that " unblockables are a dangerous topic ".
It is really hard to balance such attacks out.

From what i can see, my first suggestion will be "make the bite tackle blockable but give it hyperarmor", so it will be a trade attack.
But first i need to play her for myself and fight her to say anything about it, even those great early access player only played her for abit.

I didn't saw that much from Aramusha, but it looks to me like a "you need to play him yourself to actually know it".

But what do you guys think from the first look of gameplay?

For me i know, that this Berserker/PK Hybrid-Bastard will be a 90% hero for a "top main" position, no matter if they nerf her or not.

CandleInTheDark
11-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Assuming that ranked dominion only allows single picks, I am planning to possibly level shaman as a peacekeeper alternate if the rest of the team looks like it could use another assassin or crowd control, it would sit with my valk in the cc role with I am assuming more speed. I also quite like having options for 'I don't feel like playing x today' lol and have four others based on the role needed, how many of each role a map might need etc. I'll also be getting the aramusha at some point but shaman is first for me, I've wanted to try her since we knew the season 3 leaks were accurate.

Vingrask
11-13-2017, 08:37 PM
I feel so sorry for myself.

I'm a Berserker / Valk duelist player, got bored and started Highlander. Dude is so clumsy (it's a worse Valk kind of clumsy!) that I don't even know how to get out of vortexes.
Without mention how damn hard is for him face assassins.

Now they will put on table two more fast heroes, for my despair, and Shaman looks the perfect assassin.

And they didn't even fixed the annoying Centurion yet, while I still drop my controller after run OOS vs one.

S0Mi_xD
11-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I feel similar to you ^^ Candle
shaman will fit perfectly in my "favorites" (basically i like to play most heroes, but there are only some of them i really enjoy to play in long-term view/use)

I hoped more for a huntress :D but yes, i am really intressed in playing her, since season 2 and 3 heroes didn't felt that great for me.
I somehow hope, that Aramusha will share the place with my conqu and my Valk - but from what i saw until now it is hard to tell.

If ranked dominion will be single pick, i think it will be pretty hard to find a game where you can play the hero you want to play, especially for those who have a single main/fav

CandleInTheDark
11-13-2017, 09:04 PM
I feel similar to you ^^ Candle
shaman will fit perfectly in my "favorites" (basically i like to play most heroes, but there are only some of them i really enjoy to play in long-term view/use)

I hoped more for a huntress :D but yes, i am really intressed in playing her, since season 2 and 3 heroes didn't felt that great for me.
I somehow hope, that Aramusha will share the place with my conqu and my Valk - but from what i saw until now it is hard to tell.

If ranked dominion will be single pick, i think it will be pretty hard to find a game where you can play the hero you want to play, especially for those who have a single main/fav

I'm a pug player so levelling different heroes was something I needed in any case. I have peacekeeper at 9, conq, warden,valk,nobushi at 7 so I am sorted for single pick with assassins, boosters,disablers and soldier killers, berserker 4,shinobi 3,glad at 2. Planning on shaman and maybe aramusha to 7. Orochi will likely get to 1 or 2 just so I have all the assassins.

LordDarkMoth
11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
They both look like solid picks. The aramusha seems like he'll feel like a berserker with a few more blocking options and I like that. I can see myself getting annoyed at the shaman killing me a ton right at first but like most things I think we are going to see solutions and ways to punish her move set. over all im really excited for tomorrow.

Maxime_Qc-
11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Of course shaman Will be main...

My peacekeeper his rep 30 my berserker rep 25 and now they just **** and make
The Perfect warrior lol

I Allways consider them both my main

I allready got fkn 100 000 steel ready for my shaman and im gonna put it ALL on Her even before i try Her !!!!

S0Mi_xD
11-13-2017, 09:16 PM
I feel so sorry for myself.

I'm a Berserker / Valk duelist player, got bored and started Highlander. Dude is so clumsy (it's a worse Valk kind of clumsy!) that I don't even know how to get out of vortexes.
Without mention how damn hard is for him face assassins.

Now they will put on table two more fast heroes, for my despair, and Shaman looks the perfect assassin.

And they didn't even fixed the annoying Centurion yet, while I still drop my controller after run OOS vs one.

True words :D .. i tried myself on Highlander as well, but it feels like shugoki. It is fun, but only for 3 or 4 rounds.

I think Centurion got much better after the "nerfs" but i agree, it is still annoying (more than any other hero) ...
In the depth of my heart i am waiting for the Berserker rework/revamp (if something like this will come)... also Def-Meta patches(those will hit centurions pretty well.. and every other hero xD)

CandleInTheDark
11-13-2017, 09:19 PM
True words :D .. i tried myself on Highlander as well, but it feels like shugoki. It is fun, but only for 3 or 4 rounds.

I think Centurion got much better after the "nerfs" but i agree, it is still annoying (more than any other hero) ...
In the depth of my heart i am waiting for the Berserker rework/revamp (if something like this will come)... also Def-Meta patches(those will hit centurions pretty well.. and every other hero xD)

Berserker, along with kensei and conqueror,are the first they intend to rework going by a post Eric left on reddit. All but the parry from PTR will be in from tomorrow, so we will likely see another attempt at parry before the reworks.

Maxime_Qc-
11-13-2017, 09:24 PM
By rework you mean like they Will change completely their move sets ?

What if we don't like the new move sets ?

Maybe they could do some character variation instead ..

You know like mortal kombat... every character got 3 different variation/way To play

CandleInTheDark
11-13-2017, 09:29 PM
By rework you mean like they Will change completely their move sets ?

What if we don't like the new move sets ?

Maybe they could do some character variation instead ..

You know like mortal kombat... every character got 3 different variation/way To play

I don't know the extent of it other than it involved motion capture. I am not an insider I just collect the crumbs from dens and Eric's reddit :p

UbiInsulin
11-13-2017, 10:47 PM
I don't know the extent of it other than it involved motion capture. I am not an insider I just collect the crumbs from dens and Eric's reddit :p

Yep, we haven't gone into much detail at this time but the first set of reworks will involve Berserker, Kensei, and Conqueror.

Knight_Raime
11-13-2017, 10:55 PM
I can't accurately speak to how heros handle in 4v4 as i'm mainly a duelist. (though hopefully tribute is enough fun to me that i'll be doing 4v4 more often.)
Majority of her complaints as with most complaints when a new hero comes out is from a dueling perspective.
With shaman there isn't one thing that makes her a problem. Rather it's a combination of a handful of things:

~her bite damage is too much
~her pounce is a 50/50 capable of wall splat and is much more "spammable" than other mix ups.
~all her damage barring just average lights is 25 damage or more. even her bleed attack procs.
~her recovery is very short. you need to not only make the correct read but actually execute your counter nearly instantly to be able to punish a whiffed jump heavy or a whiffed pounce. Forget about trying to punish a plain dodge from her.
~an OOS punish of 70 damage.

I wouldn't say she's over powered or broken. Just from a statistical point she's over tuned. Her numbers are the problem not the kit itself. If her kit was far less flexible and more one trick like other heros some of these numbers would be forgivable. But there in lies the second "problem." Her kit is exactly what kits should be like. A more fleshed out move set with mix ups. (granted we don't want all heros to have as many as she does.) the idea is to have a larger move list with a few mix ups and some flow to the kit. Only a few other kits in the game have mix ups or kit flow. Almost none of the OG heros have these. Which is the problem and makes her stronger than nearly everyone else. Once those OG hero reworks drop this shouldn't be as much of a problem.

As far as armusha goes he's being slept on for 2 reasons. One is most are not aware how his infinite combo works and just how flexible it is to do and get into. The other is because he's basically got no way to open a turtle. No way to really force a reaction. He's got some what of a raider like mix up. But that is hit or miss in general. He'll be better once the parry+other changes in that patch drop. But for now he's unfortunately going to be viewed as the highlander.

Personally I think shaman fits me more just like gladiator did and centurion before. All 3 enable my aggressive playstyle. All 3 have good mix ups. I still don't like shinobi and probably never will. He's not OP or anything. He just either feels really good to play or really boring/bad. which reminds me too much of the heavies in this game. I hate heavies. Highlander I like and am alright with. But he's set down until the parry changes come into play. I'll be bouncing back and forth between shaman and armusha though. Just because I really like the kits of both.

Howard_T_J
11-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Yep, we haven't gone into much detail at this time but the first set of reworks will involve Berserker, Kensei, and Conqueror.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675832-Orochi-Feedback-Post-Here

What about this?

Maxime_Qc-
11-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Ubilnsulin .... im worried about the berserker

Because i allready really like him as how he is right now and he's probably the reason why i'm still playing for honor....

Everytime i get tired of another character zerker is Allways theres for me!!.. I never get tired of playing him...

Good feint good damage good control best deflect etc etc etc ...

At least i Guess if i dont like your "rework'' i Will still have shaman ....

And the day shaman Get ****ed up by nerf fest noob crybaby waves i'll be gone for good

Hope it never happen because that's m'y favorite game i must have Also buy ALMOST 1000$ of steel

Vakris_One
11-14-2017, 03:38 AM
Shaman is going to be everyone's new main, lol. She has every one of the deadliest moves in the game all put into one character. The only ones she doesn't have are all block stance and hyper armour. It's going to be very hard to play badly with her.

That's not necessarily a problem as long as they rework everyone else with her as the benchmark. The problems will come from her damage numbers and her slightly over tuned kit.

- 25 damage for her poke bleed needs to go. Her damage on bleeds should be at the level of PK.
- 70 damage for one of her punishes if she gets you on the ground will need to go. That's too harsh a price to pay for making a single mistake against her excellent mixup game
- the wall splat from her body slam should probably go as she already has enough ways to guarrantee some serious damage without needing this.
- healing her stamina to full from the neck bite should be kept an eye on and adjusted if necessary. I personally think she should only get a heal from it and at best a very small stamina recovery.

The Aramusha will need some buffs in my opinion as his kit is just far too average to be competitive. What specifically those buff will be I can only say once I've played with him for a while. My initial thoughts are that he should be getting a heavy from a GB and that his chain heavy finishers should get the unblockable trait in order to be able to force reactions from turtles.