PDA

View Full Version : The reason aramusha doesn't get a heavy off a gb

MoneyBags270
11-13-2017, 06:42 PM
I thought with the upcoming defensive meta changes you wouldn't be able to get heavy off gbs? Or is that only for parries?

Herbstlicht
11-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Was the same with Highlander in the beginning. They said it was a bug and fixed it. Dunno if it's intended by design for Aramusha.

BarbeQMichael
11-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Was the same with Highlander in the beginning. They said it was a bug and fixed it. Dunno if it's intended by design for Aramusha.

Is it really fixed? I haven't even tried for a while, as you can get zone and feint after first hit which does the same damage (25) but costs much more stamina though

Herbstlicht
11-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Ah I was somewhat wrong. Highlander did not get GB out if parry. And from GB he only gets a light.

BarbeQMichael
11-13-2017, 10:07 PM
Ah I was somewhat wrong. Highlander did not get GB out if parry. And from GB he only gets a light.

He gets the zone too out of gb

Charmzzz
11-14-2017, 10:28 AM
1. Getting a GB off a parry depends on the matchup and the Character you play. E.g. parry a Nobushi -> you won't get a guaranteed GB if you parry her at her max range. Same for Kensei, Lawbringer and some others. Then there are Characters that have a "lunging" GB -> examples are PK, Kensei. They do one step forward when they GB. Warden for example, does not do that.
2. Getting a Heavy off a GB (does not depend on GB after light or heavy parry) is not guaranteed for all Characters. PK does not get the heavy after GB. But I think that is the only one!?
3. Guaranteed GB's: some Characters give a guaranteed GB to the opponent off any parry, for example Raider, Conqueror, Orochi.
4. Guaranteed Heavy after light parry: I think every Characters get's a guaranteed Heavy if they manage to parry a light attack, but I am not sure about that. Maybe dependant on the range, too (look 1).

BarbeQMichael
11-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Getting a Heavy off a GB (does not depend on GB after light or heavy parry) is not guaranteed for all Characters. PK does not get the heavy after GB. But I think that is the only one!?

Highlander and Raider do not get it either, raider you understand as its 40dmg (then again nobushi gets her 38) but HL side heavies are mere 25dmg and he does not get it off GB. He gets the zone like raider, but HL zone is 3 swings and costs lots of stamina so you need almost full stamina to do it and feint it after first swing

Charmzzz
11-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Highlander and Raider do not get it either, raider you understand as its 40dmg (then again nobushi gets her 38) but HL side heavies are mere 25dmg and he does not get it off GB. He gets the zone like raider, but HL zone is 3 swings and costs lots of stamina so you need almost full stamina to do it and feint it after first swing

Doesn't Highlander get the offensive stance UB heavy after GB guaranteed? When I tried him a few games I always did that move and it never got parried. His moveset says this: Fast Flow to Offensive Form - Hold RMB (PC), RT (XB1), R2(PS4) after a Parry, Guardbreak Throw, or after any Attack other than Defensive Form's Chain Finisher

Not sure if the opponent can parry that.

BarbeQMichael
11-14-2017, 12:05 PM
They are not guaranteed, at least from my experience be it giving or receiving end. But you can bait a parry with the ub, then feint it into kick and then hit with the ub if the kick connects, altough it costs practically all your stamina.

bmason1000
11-14-2017, 01:58 PM
Aramusha doesn't get a heavy off gb because his gb doesn't last long enough.

Vakris_One
11-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Highlander doesn't get any kind of heavy from a GB - his offensive stance activates too slowly to get the OS heavy guarranteed. He gets his defensive heavy from a wall splat only. He gets an offensive heavy from a light parry only.

Aramusha doesn't get a heavy from a GB. He needs to get a wall splat to guarrantee a heavy. He might get a top stance heavy after a blade blockade but I'm not sure on that. Also not sure if he gets a heavy from a light parry.