PDA

View Full Version : Region Locking

Haplo_Bane
11-13-2017, 01:59 AM
I'm Australian, but recently I've been playing on the North American servers. The connection actually seems better,but that might be luck. There are days when everything is fine in my own region. But on the U.S servers I can get a skirmish and elimination match. Here you cannot. So can someone explain why this game is region locked ? In layman terms please.

Omegaweapon1371
11-13-2017, 02:14 AM
I don't know for sure if the game is fully Region locked. But I watch/play with an Australian. And he has no problems. He sometimes finds US servers sometimes find Servers in the good old UK He always told me it depends when he plays the game if he can find a match. But he plays games at the most stupid times i've ever seen. Like when its 1AM in the morning.

He did also tell me if he played the game at a normal time like 3PM he won't find anyone and if he does it take likes 30 mins to 1 hour.

Haplo_Bane
11-13-2017, 02:38 AM
Yea. This is what I've worked out. If I play with 3 Americans,we get the U.S lobbies. Take away 1 yank, add a pommie, toggles between the 3 regions. But if we're all auzzies we only get the ANZ region. But that's how all region locked games on the Xbone works. I can understand why they do it on some games, just not on this one. It seems to make no difference. I would like to test my full team on other regions but we can't. We are forced to play the same people over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Gets kinda boring and 70% of the time they just leave. Bots at any level just aren't a challenge anymore.